[Beta Test] DayZ Epoch Panthera Server

Started by Towelie, Dec 15, 2014, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We have purchased a DayZ Epoch Panthera server and we are now opening for a beta test (trying to determine bugs and what's missing before publicly launching it).

Server IP: 216.244.80.202:3301

NOTE: Seems that currently DayZ Commander gets stuck downloading DayZ Epoch Panthera. I have made a workaround: Get this archive and unzip its contents in the arma 2 oa folder (you should know where that is, if not, wait for DayZ commander to work again). Zip ->  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20596418/unzip_to_arma2oa_folder.zip

How to connect:

#1 Download and install Arma2 Combined Operations (Arma2 + Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead)
#2 Run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead at least once (going to the main menu is enough
#3 Download DayZ Commander (http://dayzcommander.blob.core.windows.net/releases/Dotjosh.DayZCommander.Installer.msi)
#4 Click on "Install/Upgrade" and scroll down until you reach "DayZ Epoch Panthera"
#5 Click on "Install"
#6 When done downloading/installing, click on the "favorites" window and add this IP to favorites : 216.244.80.202:3301
#7 Connect and play!

Server Info:
- Hosted in Seattle
- 50 Slots
- DayZ Epoch Panthera
- Walking Dead Zombies
- Infistar Anticheat
- Custom Loot Table
- More awesome mods brought to you by rallyreaper (installed by him).

HINT: When you first log in, make sure to have sound :D

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

xNemeXiS

Correct me if wrong:

My PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Thats the folder

Towelie

Quote from: xNemeXiS on Dec 15, 2014, 04:42 PM
Correct me if wrong:

My PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Thats the folder
That is correct, yes. But only if if is installed in your default Steam Library.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

RallyReaper

I've noticed people are trying to play, but if the game just disconnects you it's because i'm updating the files

xNemeXiS

Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 15, 2014, 04:50 PM
I've noticed people are trying to play, but if the game just disconnects you it's because i'm updating the files

Y u do dis

tman6698

I shall add this IP when i get home :) been waiting for SFT DayZ to come back!!

RallyReaper

8snowy11

Sweet, I used to play the regular DayZ mod and I had loads of fun, it'd be nice to play on a new map, especially this big map :D

Cesspitsid

now this can get added to the server list on the right side of the home page?

Oh and also, can someone tell me how many players are online (average) over the day? :P

RallyReaper

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Dec 15, 2014, 09:33 PM
now this can get added to the server list on the right side of the home page?

Oh and also, can someone tell me how many players are online (average) over the day? :P

This is a beta-test... meaning it hasn't been announced publicly via the internet... so there's usually not many people playing yet. We are just making sure it works properlly

spen96

RallyReaper

Quote from: spen96 on Dec 16, 2014, 12:07 AM
Lifting script please.

We had lifting/towing added however the testers agree that it makes making money too easy as people would fly around looking for expensive cars tow em and get briefcases in mere minutes... therefore towing/lifting more than likely won't be here.

And only way it would is if the sell prices of every vehicle was lowered to make it where it's not as easy.

Jyncs

GAH! I love this game but get so frustrated with it! Broke my leg, crawled to a car luckily. Found a hospital and though woo hoo! spent an hour crawling through it to find nothing!

I love this game.... :P

xavidram

I was on the server today and everything seems fine. Except for a few bugs that I had. 1 is that even thought i tried reconnecting multiple times, i never had any sound so i need to look into how to fix that. Second is that i cant keep my gear menu open. It automatically closes after i open it. I don't know if you all know a work around this but those were the only issues I had.

RallyReaper

Quote from: xavidram on Dec 16, 2014, 11:28 PM
I was on the server today and everything seems fine. Except for a few bugs that I had. 1 is that even thought i tried reconnecting multiple times, i never had any sound so i need to look into how to fix that. Second is that i cant keep my gear menu open. It automatically closes after i open it. I don't know if you all know a work around this but those were the only issues I had.

Issue one is due to connection issues due to your connecting to the server (server's in Seattle located in USA)

Issue two is once again a anti cheating prevision added into the games base files... it's to prevent duplication of items due to poor ping/connection to the server or even framerate... I had this happen to me when I used my old computer (30 fps and only 19 in citys) but with my new one (50 fps in towns 60 everywhere else) it fixed itself... cause my connection was already good... I tested this with badbrad yesterday, due to his connection and framerate it kept closing...

Sadly there's nothing i can do about this.

xavidram

My connection seems fine. And my pc runs 60fps. Unless the ingame fps display is wrong. I play the other versions of epoch just fine. But on the sft server it does this.

Jyncs

It might just be gameplay and design, or it might be a bug. I'll let you tell me but like I said there was no drops in the hospital so I finally made it back to my vehicle and then drove to the traders where I thought there might be medical but I did not find any(?????) so I drove to a convenience store hoping for the best but there was no drops in there either. I died, ran back 6000 meters to get my stuff and logged off. Again not for sure if bug or gameplay/design.

xavidram

Another issue. Well this is mine i guess. I have no idea what key is what, so i just start spamming keys until i find the one i need. Keep getting this error when i press the f keys and H key that something about keys known to start hacks. Everything fine, i can keep playing, but when i try to exit it kicks me. idk if your anticheat is working fine but i assume it should kick me when i spam the forbidden keys.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Jyncs on Dec 17, 2014, 01:04 AM
It might just be gameplay and design, or it might be a bug. I'll let you tell me but like I said there was no drops in the hospital so I finally made it back to my vehicle and then drove to the traders where I thought there might be medical but I did not find any(?????) so I drove to a convenience store hoping for the best but there was no drops in there either. I died, ran back 6000 meters to get my stuff and logged off. Again not for sure if bug or gameplay/design.

When you drive to a place it takes a while for things to spawn.

Quote from: xavidram on Dec 17, 2014, 12:44 AM
My connection seems fine. And my pc runs 60fps. Unless the ingame fps display is wrong. I play the other versions of epoch just fine. But on the sft server it does this.

This could just be from being far away from the server.

As brad has this issue.

Towelie

Quote from: xavidram on Dec 17, 2014, 02:10 AM
Another issue. Well this is mine i guess. I have no idea what key is what, so i just start spamming keys until i find the one i need. Keep getting this error when i press the f keys and H key that something about keys known to start hacks. Everything fine, i can keep playing, but when i try to exit it kicks me. idk if your anticheat is working fine but i assume it should kick me when i spam the forbidden keys.
Those keys are commonly used for opening various hacking tool menus and so on.
The antihack freezes you when you try to  press one of these keys and then kicks you on repeated. Avoid pressing any of the F keys.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 17, 2014, 12:03 PM
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 17, 2014, 02:10 AM
Those keys are commonly used for opening various hacking tool menus and so on.
The antihack freezes you when you try to  press one of these keys and then kicks you on repeated. Avoid pressing any of the F keys.

You got it right on the head.

Cesspitsid

If anyone is considering buying these two titles, the time is now, they're both 50% off on steam right now :D

RallyReaper

Server is still up. If anyone has good suggestions to improve don't be afraid to pm me. I am unable to play sadly due to my gpu being crap and breaking alot. But I can still update it.