Mar 29, 2024, 07:09 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Starbound] Server Reminder!

Started by Terror134, Dec 18, 2014, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terror134

Dec 18, 2014, 03:08 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014, 05:33 PM by Terror134
Server IP: starbound.sftmc.org

A few weeks ago I made a post on the Starbound forums about our server. We've gotten a lot players from it and pretty soon there's going to be an update to Starbound which will probably bring a lot of old players back looking for a server to play on.
But our problem is keeping those players and we need suggestions as to what we can do.

What can you do to help?:
- Come give the server a try!
- Give us suggestions! (plugins, if we should make it a modded server, etc)
- Vote for us!: http://starbound-servers.net/server/1233/

What we have:
- /starteritems (can only be used once)
Gives you food and something to refuel you're ship to leave the spawn planet.
- /fuel (can only be used once a day)
Gives you an item that completely refuels your ship to explore.
- /claim
Let's you claim a planet so you can't be griefed.
- Auto-restart
Seems to not always work.

What I know we need:
- Spawn city
- A few more active staff members

Suggested (from replies):
- Nerf /fuel
- Being able to pay others
There is a vanilla way of doing this. But it's kinda like you're being taxed when you it.
-

So please, give us a try and give us your suggestions!

Cesspitsid

A spawn city is a good idea.

is there any way to be able to implement a warp system and shops? xD crazy idea I know, but if such stuff was invented as a plugin, could be very useful for keeping players :D

ButterWhisperer

Ive already played about 20 hours on it, and have already gotten all of the items, so there is little left for me to do. Once the new update comes out I can guarantee I, as well as some other people will be playing on it again.

TheGoldenKibby

I think a spawn town would be neat. I also think that maybe a way to pay other players pixels would be a good idea for a plugin.

krankenstein20

spen96

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 18, 2014, 08:43 PM
Is this minecraft
Think before you speak or better yet use google.

ButterWhisperer

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 18, 2014, 08:43 PM
Is this minecraft

No. This in not Minecraft. Not every server is Mincraft. Last time you asked that Eternal Jamie posted a link right above your post, then quoted your post. After that you then said "im not sure if its still minecraft" to which he posted a facepalm, to which you posted "just answer my question instead of facepalming"

So for the third time.

No. This is not Minecraft

Speedguy14

Oh yes. I will definitely attempt to play on this! I love Starbound, and the idea of claiming an entire planet :D. I will most likely start playing as soon as that update on Starbound's side get's rolled out, though.

IPwnCreeps

Unless it was changed since I last played /fuel is really OP and practically makes gathering coal, plutonium and sunarium (or whatever its called) useless. I suggest nerfing it and making it X amount of coal instead of a full refuel.

mjoll9

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Dec 18, 2014, 07:46 PM
I think a spawn town would be neat. I also think that maybe a way to pay other players pixels would be a good idea for a plugin.
Theres no need for a plugin as theres already a vanilla way to do this :)
I believe its a pixel compressor, and it makes your pixels into an actual item which you can drop and then other players can turn back into actual pixels.

TheGoldenKibby

Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Dec 19, 2014, 03:54 PM
Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Dec 18, 2014, 07:46 PM
Theres no need for a plugin as theres already a vanilla way to do this :)
I believe its a pixel compressor, and it makes your pixels into an actual item which you can drop and then other players can turn back into actual pixels.

Sweet, didn't know that. :)

MosesRN

I can't seem to join- it says connection timed out :/

Terror134

Dec 19, 2014, 06:38 PM #13 Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014, 07:13 PM by Terror134
Quote from: joshholymoses on Dec 19, 2014, 05:39 PM

Server crashes a lot randomly and auto-restart doesn't always help us. :S
I do not have access to restart it anytime I want, but I messaged Saywhat to restart it. Sorry. ^^

MosesRN

Quote from: Terror134 on Dec 19, 2014, 06:38 PM
Quote from: joshholymoses on Dec 19, 2014, 05:39 PM

Server crashes a lot randomly and auto-restart doesn't always help us. :S
I do not have access to restart it anytime I want, but I messaged Saywhat to restart it. Sorry. ^^
Don't be, I thought it was an error on my side.