Mar 28, 2024, 02:25 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] What do you think of the current voting system?

Started by Towelie, Dec 22, 2014, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the current voting system?

I like it, we should keep it.
21 (33.3%)
I like it, we should keep it, but we should tweak rewards (comment in post)
22 (34.9%)
We should revert to the old one
20 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: Dec 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Dec 22, 2014, 02:55 PM
When voting, I don't care about the lucky/super lucky votes. It's more like an incentive or gift since it's random.

I, personally, think about what I'll get for each vote. I think the current system works fine, just with tweaking.

1. Add better items: Iron ingots? Wool? Wood? Steve co. Keys? 1.8 blocks? Yes, when we had the old, old system, people complained about getting wool, but now that we have banners, people might use it.

2. Maybe make vote parties more often. I'm saying this because the vote party crate I got had 2 bunny eggs. If all of them are around the same value, then it should occur more often.

Also, another thing to add is that people don't realize how good the system now is. They don't realize that you can get a mystery chest by voting. Once people get to that point, they'll want to vote more for the higher "tier".

Now that I think about it, it would be cool to make tiers for voting. For this, I think we could take out lucky votes, as a lucky vote could turn a vote from someone with 750+ votes to 10.5k.
If you've done 250+ votes, you get 2.5k per vote.
If you've done 500+ votes, you get 5k per vote.
If you've done 750+ votes, you get 7.5k per vote.
Something like this.

EDIT: What's the deal with minebook? Do we vote on there? Pretty sure we don't get rewards from that one.
we cannot have tiered/random rewards. only one reward per vote.
and minebook is going to get removed since its the only one that's pretty much useless

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Completely re-balanced vote rewards, you now get more useful items instead of gold apples and slightly more empbucks.
Now working on VoteParty, decreasing vote requirement to 100 votes and adding more prizes.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
Completely re-balanced vote rewards, you now get more useful items instead of gold apples and slightly more empbucks.
Now working on VoteParty, decreasing vote requirement to 100 votes and adding more prizes.
Out of curiosity could you list the things it's possible to get from votes?

Green_Giant

Towelie

Vote and find out. You now get stuff like iron, gold and so on that you can actually use and also the prize values are higher.

Jasper

Ok, I voted to return to the old rewards, but I think this new system is great, so I suggest taking the old rewards and putting them on this new system.  I think lucky votes aren't really a good thing, compared to the old system of cumulative voting gets you better and better prizes, which is honestly 90% of the reason I voted :P, and also why I stopped voting as much now. But I think these new effects are really cool (whats cooler than red particles surrounding you whenever you vote???).

nemswifey

I got 1 single yellow wool in my vote chest....
I like the vote party concept and the process and gifts...enhancements would improve it.

happypinecones

This is just an idea but maybe have all your item prizes go straight to say a /claim because from personal experience, items can get very spammy in my inventory considering most of the items have a low value. Even consider no items for normal votes and maybe some higher valued items in the lucky votes. As there will be no items you could increase the money reward slightly for the non-lucky votes.
Idk just some suggestions.

nemswifey

I also think it would be nice if you were part of the voting party that you got  your crate even if you were offline.  It's hard to be part of a voting party during the times I'm on there isn't many people so this would be nice.

Towelie

Quote from: nemswifey on Dec 25, 2014, 05:12 AM
I also think it would be nice if you were part of the voting party that you got  your crate even if you were offline.  It's hard to be part of a voting party during the times I'm on there isn't many people so this would be nice.
sadly not possible yet duet o plugin. hopefully plugin author will fix that

Applay

I miss getting my crates for voting 3-4 days in a row.