Mar 28, 2024, 10:44 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] We are moving to LWC!

Started by Towelie, Feb 09, 2015, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Feb 09, 2015, 03:47 PM Last Edit: Feb 11, 2015, 01:40 PM by Eternal_Jamie
Survival is switching to a new protection plugin - LWC that protects pretty much every container, including item frames and armor stands.
For the next two weeks (until february 23rd), the old protection plugin (SFTBolt) will run in parallel, however, after that day, both SFTBolt and FrameProtect (the plugin that currently protects item frames) will be removed.
Also if you are the owner of a region you can now do /rg info or /rg i to check all of the members on your protection to make sure you know all the people you are entrusting your land and chests to.

What you have to do:

- For new chests - you don't need to do anything. This will automatically protect any new chests
- For doors - just type /cprivate and then left click on the door.
- For existing chests, type /cprivate and then left click ON EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR CHESTS. By the way, this will only work if you are the owner of that region. All the members on the region, will also have access to your chest then (if you do not desire that,  you may remove users by using the command /cmodify -<nickname> (yes, that's a minus symbol before the name), or password protect your chest using /cpassword <your password>
- For existing and new item frames / armor stands, it's the same -> /cprotect then left click on it

Wiki to get used to the new plugin and its commands -> https://github.com/Hidendra/LWC/wiki/Getting-Started

NOTE: This new plugin can even protect minecarts (same /cprivate then left click on it). This will mean that other players cannot use your minecarts but will not mean that minecarts don't get removed at lag cleanups.
At this time I do not know how to un-protect a minecart so i advise not trying this for now.

Oh yeah, to un-protect (any block) just type /cremove and left click on the block.

OR: Just type lwc in-game to get a link to the wiki

NOTE: This does not affect WorldGuard protections. This only affects chest protections and other containers.

Pro Tip #1
If you have hundreds of chests, type /lwc mode persist on then type /cprivate then you can left click on all your chests to protect them, without having to type /cprivate all the time.
Afterwards, when you're done, just type /lwc mode persist off

Pro Tip #2
Type /cinfo then left click a chest to learn if it's protected or not

I would like to thank dpa for suggesting LWC since two years ago.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: Mods can see what's in your chests but not take anything.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Short explanation:
- You can begin protecting your chests/doors/itemframes/armor stands starting today using /cprivate and then left clicking on the desired block
- Until February 23rd, the current plugins (SFTBolt and FrameProtect) will  remain running.
- After February 23rd, SFTBolt and FrameProtect will be removed, effectively leaving all chests/doors/itemframes/armorstands unprotected, UNLESS YOU PROTECTED THEM WITH THE NEW SYSTEM.

Towelie

NOTE: You can remove SFTBolt signs after you protect with LWC, but I recommend keeping them just in case. (in case we find a major bug with LWC, even though I doubt as dpa uses thsi on pixelmon and it's a very old and reliable plugin)

Green_Giant

Feb 09, 2015, 04:12 PM #4 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 04:18 PM by Green_Giant
Suggestion: Maybe having the /cprivate command linked with a tool, so that when you left click that chest with the item in hand, it automatically protects the chest. The tool could be any easy to get item like a bone etc.

Snake

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 09, 2015, 04:12 PM
Suggestion: Maybe having the /cprivate command linked with a tool, so that when you left click that chest with the item in hand, it automatically protects the chest. The tool could be any easy to get item like a bone etc.
^ This, sort of like how if you right click with a stick it tells you if a region is protected or not and if there is an owner etc.

Towelie

Not really needed since chests are protected by default

Green_Giant

Quote from: snakemaster8 on Feb 09, 2015, 04:22 PM
^ This, sort of like how if you right click with a stick it tells you if a region is protected or not and if there is an owner etc.
Yeah like this. Have /cinfo linked with an item/tool instead so that it tells you owners/members etc. of the chest.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 09, 2015, 04:30 PM
Quote from: snakemaster8 on Feb 09, 2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah like this. Have /cinfo linked with an item/tool instead so that it tells you owners/members etc. of the chest.
Too much hassle. Would mean adding a new plugin just for that and we already have enough plugins

Dpa1991

Feb 09, 2015, 07:11 PM #9 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 08:09 PM by Dpa1991
There's a way to do that, I think it's like /cprivate then type /c persist? Not sure

Towelie covers that in his pro tips

funkymonkey245

Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

xQuicScopex

i like how its done automatically but if you place a chest and build then have the build protected is the chest protected then or do you have to /cprivate it still?

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 13, 2015, 02:19 PM
i like how its done automatically but if you place a chest and build then have the build protected is the chest protected then or do you have to /cprivate it still?
When you place a new chest its auto protected. That doesn't change unless you remove the protection

xQuicScopex

i know it does that when you place it on a prot but lets say im a guest and im building a house (un protected) and i place a chest to store stuff then i call a mod to protect my land when they protect the land is the chest protected with it or do i have to then go back and protect it myself since the chest was there before the prot was in place

Eternal_Jamie

Feb 13, 2015, 03:43 PM #14 Last Edit: Feb 13, 2015, 03:47 PM by Eternal_Jamie
It'd still have the LWC lock/protection even if you get a mod to protect the area the chest is in after you place it.

Seems to be a misunderstanding amongst people, world guard (the protection mod+ do for you) does protect chests. The two are separate things.
     Even if you remove the LWC protection/lock the WG will still stop people not on the protection breaking/opening it. This just does the same as deadbolts, controls who you want to access it out of those on your protection, with the addition of automatically doing it when you place it rather than having to lock it yourself.

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Feb 13, 2015, 03:43 PM
It'd still have the LWC lock/protection even if you get a mod to protect the area the chest is in after you place it.

Seems to be a misunderstanding amongst people, world guard (the protection mod+ do for you) does protect chests. The two are separate things.
     Even if you remove the LWC protection/lock the WG will still stop people not on the protection breaking/opening it. This just does the same as deadbolts, controls who you want to access it out of those on your protection, with the addition of automatically doing it when you place it rather than having to lock it yourself.
Actually do not reply on worldguard chest protection that can be removed/changed at any time

HappyNem

Some other useful commands I THINK everyone has access too, try it and if you don't please let me know.

/lwc mode persist on/off - allows you to do 1 command and then punch items over and over, MUST turn off to do anything else.

Chest commands - use and punch
/cdonate - lets a chest be a donation chest, people can place things in the chest, but only the owner can take them out.
/lwc flag hopper on/off - lets a chest accept a hopper

Door Commands - use and punch
/lwc flag autoclose on/off - auto closes doors after 3 seconds of them being open.

Enjoy