Mar 28, 2024, 10:59 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] SteveCo Rare Crates

Started by Towelie, Feb 17, 2015, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

After a brief discussion with our developers, we have determined the best way to deal with the SteveCo Crates's loss of value and failure to provide a viable economy sink hole

Introducing, SteveCo Rare Crates (work in progress) - These crates (and SteveCo Rare Keys) will only be available from the vote shop (/vs). They will contain considerably more valuable items (either we figure out a way for you guys to /repair steveco items, then we can keep also giving out leather armors, or we will just stick to diamond armor (which sadly does not allow for customization), and also other rare items such as dragon eggs, and beacons (obviously, on a very low chance so as to not ruin us). They will also have a lower chance of a FailPrize (down to 3x less than the current crates).

darknuju is currently working on adding these new Rare Crates into the plugin. We don't have an estimation of how much it will take, but we'll keep you posted!

PS: This will also mean that for a while, we will not be adding any more normal SteveCo crates, and just Rare ones.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

tylerinator

Instead of the full beacons why dont you use beacon shards? Also Awesome! I loove the idea

Towelie

Quote from: tylerinator on Feb 17, 2015, 03:49 PM
Instead of the full beacons why dont you use beacon shards? Also Awesome! I loove the idea

Yep, we could use beacon shards, awesome idea actualy.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Chinwonder2

Maybe instead of having the full Ender Dragon egg, you could incorporate Enderman Spawn eggs as 'pieces' of the egg. Remove the possibility for Endermen to spawn from that egg and maybe have 3 to collect?

Not sure if this would work but it's worth a try and request :)

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

happypinecones

King_Craftius

paul_weebird

Feb 17, 2015, 06:04 PM #6 Last Edit: Feb 17, 2015, 06:27 PM by paul_weebird
5 random players gets a steve co crate every 10-15 minuites please!  :laugh:

Post Merge: Feb 17, 2015, 06:27 PM

add super flower gun that you shoot fireballs like a bow and fire aspect and one hit = 1 kill  :redflower:

ddude_stnom

Quote from: paul_weebird on Feb 17, 2015, 06:04 PM
5 random players gets a steve co crate every 10-15 minuites please!  :laugh:

Post Merge: Feb 17, 2015, 06:27 PM

add super flower gun that you shoot fireballs like a bow and fire aspect and one hit = 1 kill  :redflower:

1. If I recall, a random player receives a chest every 15 minutes or so. Giving out keys would by to much, imo anyway.
2. A 'super flower' could work, but not one which shoots fireballs; a bit OP, and could be abused quite a bit.

Jasper

Is there a way to make music discs that are customized, like with NBTedit? I was thinking you could make music discs that played actual songs, that would be really cool and I'm sure people would love to play popular artists in their homes!

Lazy_0ne

These sound really cool :o can't wait to see them implemented!

Towelie

Quote from: Jasper on Feb 18, 2015, 01:59 AM
Is there a way to make music discs that are customized, like with NBTedit? I was thinking you could make music discs that played actual songs, that would be really cool and I'm sure people would love to play popular artists in their homes!
Not without custom clients / resource packs :S

ParisGrace

Really excited about this new updatefor the crates! The econemy did go down a bit tho but stuff happens. And adding to the music disc discussion that Jasper started. So I was going through some places and one of them one was a creative place but as soon as u join it asked u " Do you want to download this texture pack?" So I did and the discs were different  it was weird and cool and maybe it will work in this server. ( I am sorry if I mentioned a different server in a way I am just trying to give suggestions)
Thanks for your time and great job Tow! :D ;D :cake: