Apr 16, 2024, 10:56 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

New forum rule

Started by Towelie, Feb 04, 2015, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

If you change your minecraft nickname please make your personal text "IGN - youringamenickname".
I'm seing a lot of people changing their nicknames and it's getting harder and harder to know who's who.

How to do it:
#1 Go here
#2 In your "Personal Text" field, put "IGN - yournickname", in this exact format
#3 click save

You have 30 days to comply else we will do it for you and you will be wanred.

PS: If you have more than one account, put the one you use the most.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

onionboys

I msg'd you months back asking if I could change my username to my IGN name ( it's 2 letters off ) am I still sble to change it

itsConnor_

What's all this name-changing malarkey? You can change your name in Minecraft like you can in Steam now? That could get confusing..
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: itsConnor_ on Feb 04, 2015, 06:01 PM
What's all this name-changing malarkey? You can change your name in Minecraft like you can in Steam now? That could get confusing..
Not exactly. Mojang allow you to change your name to anything which is not taken once every 30 days (30days from last time you did it). And then your previous name is protected for 37 days so you can switch back if you want. So not quite as free as steams system.

Chinwonder2

Feb 04, 2015, 06:09 PM #4 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2015, 06:19 PM by chinwonder
Done, but don't we already have a slot in our forums settings for our in game names? Here it is:

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

Towelie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Feb 04, 2015, 05:59 PM
I msg'd you months back asking if I could change my username to my IGN name ( it's 2 letters off ) am I still sble to change it
open a ticket i've been busy as hell in the last few days with various sft related stuff

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

xQuicScopex

if we dont change our name do we still do it?

Towelie

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2015, 06:58 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 04, 2015, 06:50 PM
yep
I don't see why everyone has to do it. Many players forum name is exactly the same as their IGN, and I think this should only be implemented for people who change their IGN or want their forum name as something else.

ThePhantomOfTheOpera

So, if we change our Nickname there won't be any problem right?  :cake:

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 04, 2015, 07:38 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2015, 06:58 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 04, 2015, 06:50 PM
yep
I don't see why everyone has to do it. Many players forum name is exactly the same as their IGN, and I think this should only be implemented for people who change their IGN or want their forum name as something else.
Because it's easier to see who doesn't have it than who doesn't have it and shouldn't have it.

Towelie

Quote from: ThanosNetherLord on Feb 04, 2015, 07:50 PM
So, if we change our Nickname there won't be any problem right?  :cake:
As long as you change your personal text too like i said, then no.

Tyvic

We don't need to do this if nothing changed right?

Cireshie

Feb 04, 2015, 09:45 PM #13 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2015, 09:50 PM by Cireshie
Quote from: Tyvic on Feb 04, 2015, 08:32 PM
We don't need to do this if nothing changed right?
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2015, 05:44 PM
If you change your minecraft nickname please make your personal text "IGN - youringamenickname".
I'm seing a lot of people changing their nicknames and it's getting harder and harder to know who's who
--------------
Quote from: chinwonder on Feb 04, 2015, 06:09 PM
Done, but don't we already have a slot in our forums settings for our in game names? Here it is:

-Chin 8)
It only shows the username when you click the profile. We can't see everyone's ign when they post things like here.

mordalthunder

Feb 05, 2015, 08:29 AM #14 Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015, 08:38 AM by mordalthunder
There is a possibility to add the Minecraft In-Game Nick field to the profile display, i could make it so that when you click on the username of the person it is shown or on the forum rank. that way it won't clutter the profile display but there is still a easy way to show the Minecraft In-Game Nick field.
EDIT: also other information like hours would be possible.

Example on what would be possible.

If you want this implemented, rate this post to convince Towelie.  :pig: :sheep:

Fractalion

Quote from: mordalthunder on Feb 05, 2015, 08:29 AM
There is a possibility to add the Minecraft In-Game Nick field to the profile display, i could make it so that when you click on the username of the person it is shown or on the forum rank. that way it won't clutter the profile display but there is still a easy way to show the Minecraft In-Game Nick field.

~Removing the picture because it's way too big for the quote~

If you want this implemented, rate this post to convince Towelie.  :pig: :sheep:

As I read the post I was thinking it should be possible to do this. I'm glad someone in a position to implement it got to the idea before me, though. xD

Towelie

Quote from: mordalthunder on Feb 05, 2015, 08:29 AM

Um, wait until we finish the forum stuff. At this point you'd just do work that would be lost in the forum thing i hinted.

mordalthunder

I know, but in the future this would be an awesome feature :D

Towelie

Quote from: mordalthunder on Feb 05, 2015, 12:08 PM
yep.
problem is with name changing this may become obsolete as people will forget to update their new nickname

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 05, 2015, 01:27 PM
Quote from: mordalthunder on Feb 05, 2015, 12:08 PM
yep.
problem is with name changing this may become obsolete as people will forget to update their new nickname

Well, we already have that "Log into the forum with your MC name to do stuff!" thing, right? You could just build off of that existing system.

nwolhar2

Imma just go with it

N193582

So if we don't change our mc name this dosen't apply to us right?

Katherine

Quote from: N193582 on Feb 05, 2015, 10:16 PM
So if we don't change our mc name this dosen't apply to us right?
If your forum name is different to your IGN, it'd be good if you could do it as well.  :)

platerfin

Nice mod pack for pixelmon I just gotta catch them all