Mar 28, 2024, 11:33 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

I'd like to see a return of SFT vanilla

Started by jasper_Fritz, Dec 19, 2021, 03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper_Fritz

I know last time vanilla just had to wipe and everyone lost interest, but this time we should restart it since we're on 1.18. 

I'm also curious if anyone has the world download for the version that came out on 1.8.  That version we released it because there werent any plugins ready, but it was a good time and itd be sweet to see pictures at least if no one has the download. 

Maybe you could put some of it into event world for a while.  We had some cool builds going on and the place had a lot of character.

Just thoughts. Toodeloo!
welcome to the new world order!

AtomicPulse

Quote from: jasper_Fritz on Dec 19, 2021, 03:03 AMI know last time vanilla just had to wipe and everyone lost interest, but this time we should restart it since we're on 1.18. 

I'm also curious if anyone has the world download for the version that came out on 1.8.  That version we released it because there werent any plugins ready, but it was a good time and itd be sweet to see pictures at least if no one has the download. 

Maybe you could put some of it into event world for a while.  We had some cool builds going on and the place had a lot of character.

Just thoughts. Toodeloo!
Survival just had a reset for 1.18 about a week ago. If you're referring to a full vanilla server, we have hosted one several times and they usually die pretty quickly so I see one being unlikely anywhere in the near future
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

jasper_Fritz

Quote from: AtomicPulse on Dec 19, 2021, 02:09 PM
Quote from: jasper_Fritz on Dec 19, 2021, 03:03 AMI know last time vanilla just had to wipe and everyone lost interest, but this time we should restart it since we're on 1.18. 

Just thoughts. Toodeloo!
Survival just had a reset for 1.18 about a week ago. If you're referring to a full vanilla server, we have hosted one several times and they usually die pretty quickly so I see one being unlikely anywhere in the near future

as long as we're ok with keeping them around and maybe limiting farm size we can have a server up for a while, only problem was when there's interest in a server like that, resetting it is resetting everyones work and it feels a little lame.  People do want to feel connected, though, which is accomplished with nether portals and railways a lot better than with warps (getting from place to place feels like it takes so long.)  Plus, if you limit the speed at which people can travel by removing warps or /random or etc, you can sorta improve the lifespan of the map by making it so areas are conquered by mankind more slowly. 
This could work for survival too, just making it more vanilla-ey and then people will want to play vanilla mc like hermitcraft youtubers, making cool community builds and etc
Maybe these are bad ideas.  But any ideas an idea amirite?
welcome to the new world order!