Mar 19, 2024, 07:06 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] I wish I had better news

Started by Towelie, May 17, 2019, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, after at least ~30h spent trying to upgrade to 1.14 and then to 1.14.1, something is very clear.
world1 is corrupted. Sadly, since 1.13.2 changed the world format, there are no tools that can allow us to save this world. Upon migrating to 1.14.1, this corruption (which manifests itself very rarely in 1.13.2) breaks world saving, meaning any of the worlds don't save either (meaning, for those less minecraft savy of you that every block you place will re-appear at a restart, and so on.).

It doesn't bring me pleasure to announce this, but we will have to do a world reset when we update to 1.14.1 (the exact timing of that was not yet determined).
We will however allow all players to transfer a building. For owners of huge buildings / autoshops / etc, we will do our best to transfer over, but no guarantees can be given (due to limitations with worldedit / minecraft / etc).

This seems completely unavoidable, believe me, we tried EVERYTHING. and I mean EVERYTHING.

I ask that you remain calm and continue playing. I am still working on finding a workaround, but for now, after weeks of research and trial it seems impossible.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chinwonder2

That's a damn shame, thanks for offering to move builds though!

-Chin
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

Kaninka

Well then the Managers won't be bored now :D  :zombie:

shotzy9

will transfer be to new world 1 or to world 3?

Words once spoken by a wise Mod

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

platerfin

Thanks for the update, and a big thanks for allowing us to move builds to the new world.

-Plat

_iPhoenix

Thanks for trying your hardest, we appreciate it <3

Towelie

Quote from: platerfin on May 17, 2019, 05:23 PMThanks for the update, and a big thanks for allowing us to move builds to the new world.

-Plat
It's the least I could do. I am now in damage control mode and trying to do anything I can to not lose players over this

Chinwonder2

I mean, it's not your fault so, we're all so thankful for you doing this. Let's just hope this won't be a pattern for future updates, for your sanity's sake.

-Chin

Towelie

Quote from: Chinwonder2 on May 17, 2019, 05:36 PMI mean, it's not your fault so, we're all so thankful for you doing this. Let's just hope this won't be a pattern for future updates, for your sanity's sake.

-Chin
Yeah... hopefully they're done changing the world format. They did it in 1.13 and again in 1.14 if they do it in 1.15 i swear im done xd

stevebean

Dang, thanks for everything you did and tried :heart:

platerfin

May 17, 2019, 05:53 PM #11 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:56 PM by platerfin
Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2019, 05:34 PM
Quote from: platerfin on May 17, 2019, 05:23 PMThanks for the update, and a big thanks for allowing us to move builds to the new world.

-Plat
It's the least I could do. I am now in damage control mode and trying to do anything I can to not lose players over this
That's true I can see how some people could react negatively to this.

Kakota

Will we have 1 move or the standard 2 and 3 where we pay to move those(used to be 500k and 1mil)

IiRr22Bb

Thanks for the update,
But please please please try your hardest to not reset the world! We'll all be thanking you :)

George

May 17, 2019, 06:52 PM #14 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:15 PM by Towelie
The famous youtube private server <redacted> managed to update to 1.14.1 without any issues. I believe we can find out a way. Like we always did. I also thank you alot about moving builds!
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

saxophonequeen7

thanks for always putting so much work into fixing things, we appreciate it.

N1ux_

May 17, 2019, 07:12 PM #16 Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:16 PM by Xenii12
I'm not bothered by the reset, but thanks for trying to save survival from a world reset. Its truly appreciated how hard you work for SFT

Towelie

Quote from: George_Filos on May 17, 2019, 06:52 PMThe famous youtube private server <redacted> managed to update to 1.14.1 without any issues. I believe we can find out a way. Like we always did. I also thank you alot about moving builds!

If you bothered to read the post, you would see this:

world1 is corrupted. Sadly, since 1.13.2 changed the world format, there are no tools that can allow us to save this world. Upon migrating to 1.14.1, this corruption (which manifests itself very rarely in 1.13.2) breaks world saving, meaning any of the worlds don't save either (meaning, for those less minecraft savy of you that every block you place will re-appear at a restart, and so on.).

casey_jr_9

Won't be a hog, and I'd love to redesign the NicholFloyd Railway with a proper scale. If anything has to move of mine, it's the New Haven Boxcar, coupler to coupler, plus the tack underneath. I'd love rebuilding the rest honestly. Shame it's not so easy for everyone else however.

ochoaj

Quote from: Kakota on May 17, 2019, 05:58 PMWill we have 1 move or the standard 2 and 3 where we pay to move those(used to be 500k and 1mil)

I would also like to know this, as I would be moving several builds most likely.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

sommergirl41

Thank you for always working your hardest Tow. Also thanks to the managers & everyone who will be moving some builds. :)

Groot_69

Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2019, 05:16 PMSo, after at least ~30h spent trying to upgrade to 1.14 and then to 1.14.1, something is very clear.

It doesn't bring me pleasure to announce this, but we will have to do a world reset when we update to 1.14.1 (the exact timing of that was not yet determined).
We will however allow all players to transfer a building. For owners of huge buildings / autoshops / etc, we will do our best to transfer over, but no guarantees can be given (due to limitations with worldedit / minecraft / etc).

This seems completely unavoidable, believe me, we tried EVERYTHING. and I mean EVERYTHING.

I ask that you remain calm and continue playing. I am still working on finding a workaround, but for now, after weeks of research and trial it seems impossible.

Are we just moving builds or is our balance and items being transferred as this isnt a planned reset and a unconventional reset die to the world being corrupted like America's goverment...

Towelie

Quote from: Groot_69(MW3) on May 18, 2019, 08:29 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 17, 2019, 05:16 PMSo, after at least ~30h spent trying to upgrade to 1.14 and then to 1.14.1, something is very clear.

Are we just moving builds or is our balance and items being transferred as this isnt a planned reset and a unconventional reset die to the world being corrupted like America's goverment...
Your balance is being transferred.
Items - we are trying to find a way because worldedit does not currently copy items inside chests or other containers

Towelie

Again, to re-iterate - we are very limited with what we can do because we cannot mount this world to the server once we do the reset, otherwise it will cause the other world saving to break too.
So only thing we can do is use worldedit schematics

Chinwonder2

Would having a world download of your house help? I know not everyone will have this done as I have?

-Chin