Mar 28, 2024, 12:02 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival 2.0] Status Update

Started by Towelie, Jul 28, 2018, 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Just a quick status update for Survival 2.0:

- While most of the plugins are still broken, my Manager+ team and I chose a world (with no working dynmap) out of 4, simply by exploring it and trying to decide which has least water
- We have began protecting structures. We decided to only protect temples and leave wrecks / villages unprotected this time, for you to explore and enjoy
- After the structures will be protected (couple of days), we will begin moving the spawntown, and then the attractions from @TheStarNomad✯ 's list.
- There is a LOT of plugin breakage due to 1.13. Pretty much everything that has to do with particle effects is broken, as well as disguises.
- We also have some critical plugins broken (commandbook - which handles basic commands , dynmap and many others)
- We have managed to get a working worldedit+worldguard just today.
- @Lansdiinio  is working on an Emp price re-do and should be about ready (let me know when ready as we'll need to post it publicly before we add it)

We'll keep you posted.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

George

Plugins should get updates sooner than expected .
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

JustAddWater

Sounds good, thanks to the manager+ team for putting so much effort into this

ohWalrus

Survival Tycoon and Benefactor
Creative and Loot Architect

Chocobo123456

Keep up the fantastic work everyone ^_^ Hope the plugins get fixed soon

AriaSky

Thank you to the managers+ for all the hard work :D Can't wait for 2.0

boomonstervi

FinalTest

Will there be any way for people to get their hands on a ocean monument to make a guardian farm, or is prismarine going to be as elusive as it was before? Just wondering because the addition of prismarine stairs and slabs with 1.13 is going to make them much more interesting building blocks.

SashaLarie

Quote from: FinalTest on Jul 29, 2018, 09:03 PMWill there be any way for people to get their hands on a ocean monument to make a guardian farm, or is prismarine going to be as elusive as it was before? Just wondering because the addition of prismarine stairs and slabs with 1.13 is going to make them much more interesting building blocks.

All sea temples will be protected

reiner_13

Jul 30, 2018, 03:49 AM #10 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018, 04:11 AM by reiner_13
I have a thing:

Phantoms appear after a long period of time without sleep. Sleep isn't something that happens too often on the server, so...

Are we just gonna have to man it out?

There will probably be an infestation of phantoms, which might not be too great.

I don't want them to removed though. They're a great addition. We could have a command block that allows people to sleep when a third of the people online are in beds.

Also... could we have access to the End? Modern Minecraft revolves all around shulker boxes and Elytras, but in the current Survival world, they're very hard to come by.

The End could be like the nether when it comes to resets. It would be cool you be able to fight the dragon with your friends. As of right now, there isn't a single boss that you can fight with your buddies. Not even a Guardian.

Having the End would be FANTASTIC. That's all.
The Best Survival Elite
Former Survival Mod
Survival Lemon
Future Survival Dictator

MrChanango

Quote from: reiner_13 on Jul 30, 2018, 03:49 AMI have a thing:

Phantoms appear after a long period of time without sleep. Sleep isn't something that happens too often on the server, so...

There will probably be an infestation of phantoms, which might not be too great.

I don't want them to removed though. They're a great addition. We could have a command block that allows people to sleep when a third of the people online are in beds.

Also... could we have access to the End? Modern Minecraft revolves all around shulker boxes and Elytras, but in the current Survival world, they're very hard to come by.

The End could be like the nether when it comes to resets. It would be cool you be able to fight the dragon with your friends. As of right now, there isn't a single boss that you can't fight with your buddies. Not even a Guardian.

There is nothing in this post that I believe should be implemented. The end is my personal favorite dimensions, and may I also mention the advantage of a mass amount of Ender pearls? For the past couple months the servers been up, no ones payed for fly, so the enderpearls could be good for transportation. And for the economy, we just make the prices for end stone and other blocks less. Another thing about that - I LOVE the endstone textures (and the bricks are awesome too) and I love to build with them, but they're so expensive to build with in mass quantities.
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

stormshooter

The action of just right clicking a bed (so you enter it temporarily) resets the 3 day counter before phantoms spawn so you don't need the whole server to sleep.

omelott

The End could be like the nether when it comes to resets. It would be cool you be able to fight the dragon with your friends. As of right now, there isn't a single boss that you can fight with your buddies. Not even a Guardian.

Yeah, no. Good luck trying to get a third of the server to sleep every 20 minutes. I think phantoms should just be disabled entirely. They're hard to kill and deal a lot of damage. Plus, they fly, which would make doing anything at night a living hell.

ohWalrus

Quote from: omelott on Jul 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

Yeah, no. Good luck trying to get a third of the server to sleep every 20 minutes. I think phantoms should just be disabled entirely. They're hard to kill and deal a lot of damage. Plus, they fly, which would make doing anything at night a living hell.
I totally agree with ome on this one, it would be terrible to have phantoms going around after the reset when no one has anything. They also do a lot of damage to  people and if u have a wood sword what can u do? I also agree with Reiner on adding the End. It would be fun and it would be something to do if you're bored
Survival Tycoon and Benefactor
Creative and Loot Architect

stormshooter

Quote from: Arctic_Walrus on Jul 30, 2018, 04:21 PM

I totally agree with ome on this one, it would be terrible to have phantoms going around after the reset when no one has anything. They also do a lot of damage to  people and if u have a wood sword what can u do? I also agree with Reiner on adding the End. It would be fun and it would be something to do if you're bored
It takes 3 wool to make a bed... Is it really that hard to kill 3 sheep

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 30, 2018, 05:18 PM

I totally agree with ome on this one, it would be terrible to have phantoms going around after the reset when no one has anything. They also do a lot of damage to  people and if u have a wood sword what can u do? I also agree with Reiner on adding the End. It would be fun and it would be something to do if you're bored
^

FinalTest

Quote from: SashaLarie on Jul 30, 2018, 02:54 AM
Quote from: FinalTest on Jul 29, 2018, 09:03 PMWill there be any way for people to get their hands on a ocean monument to make a guardian farm, or is prismarine going to be as elusive as it was before? Just wondering because the addition of prismarine stairs and slabs with 1.13 is going to make them much more interesting building blocks.

Would it be possible for prismarine/dark prismarine to be sold at a cheap price via the emporium so it is available to use as a building material?

Green_Giant

Quote from: FinalTest on Jul 30, 2018, 08:13 PM

Would it be possible for prismarine/dark prismarine to be sold at a cheap price via the emporium so it is available to use as a building material?
It should already be. I made a price list years back for these blocks that were at an affordable price at the EMP and I believe it was implemented, guess people didn't know.

misspiggy95

I agree with this
Especially considering there is no way to go out and obtain the blocks with monuments being protected.

Melons are love. Melons are life

omelott

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 30, 2018, 05:18 PM

What if I'm visiting someone's town or base, but I can't place down a bed because there's a protection? And what happens if I spend a couple minecraft days at spawn or the event world. When I leave, will I automatically be swarmed by phantoms come nightfall?

Towelie

I think we're panicking for nothing. Can we please wait until everyone sees the phantoms before we decide whether to remove or not?

Green_Giant

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Jul 30, 2018, 09:16 PM

I agree with this
Especially considering there is no way to go out and obtain the blocks with monuments being protected.
See my reply, prices are already adjusted to a good amount. Considering they can't be collected naturally, I feel their price is spot on. 20k for a stack of the hardest to obtain of the prismarine, i'm pretty sure before I adjusted it they were around 300k a stack.

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 31, 2018, 06:31 AMI think we're panicking for nothing. Can we please wait until everyone sees the phantoms before we decide whether to remove or not?

100% a keeper

\(◎o◎)/

FinalTest

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 31, 2018, 10:35 AMSee my reply, prices are already adjusted to a good amount. Considering they can't be collected naturally, I feel their price is spot on. 20k for a stack of the hardest to obtain of the prismarine, i'm pretty sure before I adjusted it they were around 300k a stack.

oof, I was hoping the prices would/could be a little lower considering the blocks could be very abundant if sea monuments weren't all protected and players could build farms