Apr 19, 2024, 03:14 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

What game server should we host and why ?

Started by Towelie, Mar 27, 2016, 03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

NOTE: This is about games OTHER than Minecraft, for PC.

Requirements:
  • Has to be a game server which allows customization. Games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield don't so that's a no
  • Has to be playable on older computers (I wouldn't mind if it's a PS4/Xbox One game which we can host from a PC)
  • The EULA has to permit us to host a server
  • Has to be a popular game
  • You need to know someone who is willing to manage this server for SFT (I don't have any free time to do that)

Remember, you must specify WHY we should host that server.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

TheNoHeadedGuy

Maybe Mario Party because it is a popular game, it has customizactions and all of the above!

>NoHead 8) <

iLaxrv10

I don't know if the fits the requirements you've listed but maybe a CS:GO server? I know that a lot of people in the community love CS:GO and it would be easy to pick someone to run it since so many people play. Along with this, maybe add a Steam or CS:GO section to the forums?
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

BattleAxium

Mar 27, 2016, 03:25 PM #3 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2016, 03:32 PM by BattleAxium
ArmA 3 Altis Life. Fully customizable. Isn't difficult to setup. Older computers can play it, maybe not with the best FPS. Very popular right now. I've already suggested this multiple times before and gave valid points on why we should get it.

See this for more info: https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,133837.msg669312.html#msg669312

willhill2000

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Mar 27, 2016, 03:21 PMI don't know if the fits the requirements you've listed but maybe a CS:GO server? I know that a lot of people in the community love CS:GO and it would be easy to pick someone to run it since so many people play. Along with this, maybe add a Steam or CS:GO section to the forums?
csgo surf server or a bhop

Miricx

Pookalton

Maybe when it comes out, an Overwatch server? <3 :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Dandiamondore

Team Fortress 2 might be a good Idea, But the Community server situation is a poor right now, although this wouldn't be a problem since the game is free and Sft already has a Playerbase

iLaxrv10

Might I also suggest GTA V? If possible :P
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

Quote from: TheNoHeadedGuy on Mar 27, 2016, 03:15 PMMaybe Mario Party because it is a popular game, it has customizactions and all of the above!

>NoHead 8) <
Has to be something that we can HOST A SERVER for. Mario Party is not a server/client type of game

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Towelie

Quote from: Dandiamondore on Mar 27, 2016, 03:47 PMTeam Fortress 2 might be a good Idea, But the Community server situation is a poor right now, although this wouldn't be a problem since the game is free and Sft already has a Playerbase
We had a TF2 server didn't work so well

kracken55

Arma 3 atlis life is a good idea

Izzdaer

Im down for Altis life too, and happy to help hosting @Towelie as ive hosted Arma II before, I'm sure I could learn the differences c:

BattleAxium

Quote from: Izzdaer on Mar 27, 2016, 05:06 PMIm down for Altis life too, and happy to help hosting @Towelie as ive hosted Arma II before, I'm sure I could learn the differences c:

Really not much difference. Could help you setup some scripts if needed.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: BattleAxium on Mar 27, 2016, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Izzdaer on Mar 27, 2016, 05:06 PMIm down for Altis life too, and happy to help hosting @Towelie as ive hosted Arma II before, I'm sure I could learn the differences c:

Really not much difference. Could help you setup some scripts if needed.
Battle and I could manage the server as well. Both of us are experienced with staffing servers, not to mention we've put A LOT of hours into both Arma 2 and Arma 3. Both of us are also experienced with Altis Life/Arma 3 RP gameplay and rules.

Towelie

If you are willing to host then yeah. Do some research into how to host and we'll talk

Izzdaer

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 27, 2016, 05:53 PM
If you are willing to host then yeah. Do some research into how to host and we'll talk

Aight i'll get qwest stable then get to work.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Izzdaer on Mar 27, 2016, 06:26 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 27, 2016, 05:53 PM

Aight i'll get qwest stable then get to work.

Let me know when you start and if you need any help.

willhill2000

id be happy to host csgo server cuz there piss easy and i have done it before

BritanniaRules

I hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick here when you say "game" as a few people above are actually suggesting games that are only on PC/consoles.

If however you mean specific minecraft games I think a SFT version of something like Hypixel's Build Battle would be great.

Both my boys and there friends play this server a lot and it always seems very busy and a great way to get people to play the other Hypixel game modes that they have to offer. Could be a great way to get SFT more notice out in the YouTube world with youtubers like DanTDM etc.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Mar 27, 2016, 07:30 PMI hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick here when you say "game" as a few people above are actually suggesting games that are only on PC/consoles.

If however you mean specific minecraft games I think a SFT version of something like Hypixel's Build Battle would be great.

Both my boys and there friends play this server a lot and it always seems very busy and a great way to get people to play the other Hypixel game modes that they have to offer. Could be a great way to get SFT more notice out in the YouTube world with youtubers like DanTDM etc.
The OP specifically says games other than minecraft.

crazygamer113

I would like to see a Garry's Mod Server with games modes like DarkRP or SCP-RP. SCP is actually doing quite well for most servers. I believe the highest amount is like 70ish players. I also have access the game mode since my buddy actually technically made SCP-RP.

Toadlet

I think a Gmod server would be awesome. Being a sandbox game the customization is endless. I've also been wanting to record some Gmod videos with the group of SFTers I've assembled and having an SFT server to record on would be much better than a random one :P

JinxOnTheLoose

Quote from: Dandiamondore on Mar 27, 2016, 03:47 PMTeam Fortress 2 might be a good Idea, But the Community server situation is a poor right now, although this wouldn't be a problem since the game is free and Sft already has a Playerbase

TF2 as a whole is still surprisingly popular. I think people could get back into it if it was advertised a bit.