Apr 19, 2024, 04:22 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Plans for the near-future of SFT

Started by Towelie, Apr 17, 2016, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

- Release Prison server (if @saywhat2365 actually makes that happen some time... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAYWHAT)
- Release Wild West server (testing is under way, I am delaying this a bit more)
- Figure out what to do with Altis Life... This one's tricky. Things were going really well but @ExconHD got a new job and now the future of the server is uncertain. Trying to see if @Izzdaer can help with that
- Update forums to latest version and hopefully fix the "more..." bug and the alerts bug (fear will try to do that in the next ~2-3 weeks)
- Pixelmon Adventure (dpa can give more details about that)
- Garry's Mod TTT (@saywhat2365 @UrbanmineR  - how's that going?)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Izzdaer

An early version of TTT server will be featured sometime on our 24hour Livestream that starts tonight!!

Brightpkz

I am so excited for the Prison server :D I will be addicted to it ^^

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

George

I want to be in the Wild West
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

George

Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

iLaxrv10

Cant wait for the other exciting servers & updates to come :)
If anyone wants more information on WildWest, add me on Skype: dingbatmc
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

eye_nine

Quote from: Brightpkz on Apr 17, 2016, 12:56 PMI am so excited for the Prison server :D I will be addicted to it.

^^^^^^^^^

BattleAxium

Apr 17, 2016, 02:25 PM #7 Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 05:11 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Towelie on Apr 17, 2016, 11:23 AM- Update forums to latest version and hopefully fix the "more..." bug and the alerts bug (fear will try to do that in the next ~2-3 weeks)

If you go into this css file: https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/Themes/default/css/index.css?beta21-a

And change this..

.signature, .attachments, .under_message, .custom_fields_above_signature {
 width: 100%;
 overflow: auto;
 clear: right;
 padding: 12px 0 3px 0;
 border-top: 1px solid #bfbfbf;
 box-shadow: 0 1px 0 #fff inset;
 line-height: 1.4em;
 font-size: 0.9em;
 box-sizing: border-box;
}

to this...

.signature, .attachments, .under_message, .custom_fields_above_signature {
 width: 100%;
 clear: right;
 padding: 12px 0 3px 0;
 border-top: 1px solid #bfbfbf;
 box-shadow: 0 1px 0 #fff inset;
 line-height: 1.4em;
 font-size: 0.9em;
 box-sizing: border-box;
}

The end result should look something like this:

I'm guessing that's what you want it to look like. Obviously could be made a bit nicer but meh.

Also, haven't thoroughly tested this on mobile but I would assume it's the same deal.

American_Walrus

I'm excited for all of these. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Wild West Events, contact me (HoH), @Thanos or @omelott :)

Towelie

We are not able to do modifications to the forum files unless the modification is done as a smf addon compatible with SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
If @fearthe1337  or @mordalthunder  are able to make a modification out of the code you posted battle  - that would work. otherwise it would not.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

BattleAxium

Apr 17, 2016, 03:39 PM #10 Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 03:46 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Towelie on Apr 17, 2016, 03:35 PMWe are not able to do modifications to the forum files unless the modification is done as a smf addon compatible with SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
If @fearthe1337  or @mordalthunder  are able to make a modification out of the code you posted battle  - that would work. otherwise it would not.

That's a change to the theme css you are using. Not sure why you would have to make a separate addon for a small change like that. Since it can directly be made on that css file. But do whatever you want.

BattleAxium

Apr 17, 2016, 03:48 PM #11 Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 03:53 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: TowelieBecause this will break compatibility with further SMF updates.

That's not true at all. Making customizations to SMF themes like that will not affect anything with upgrading SMF. It's purely a simple css edit. With only a small design change. Nothing more or less. But, it's your forums do whatever you want.

*Note: Not sure why you edited my reply earlier to say the quote above.

Towelie

I could sit here and fight with you but I won't. It's quite simple really - Any modification you do via css edits will be overwritten at every update. So to maintain the forums as clean as possible and as easy to upgrade (we are on the BETA branch which means updates are done manually - file by file) we are choosing not to edit the forum at all, but instead only do modifications via addons which can be simply reinstalled after each update.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 17, 2016, 03:56 PMI could sit here and fight with you but I won't. It's quite simple really - Any modification you do via css edits will be overwritten at every update. So to maintain the forums as clean as possible and as easy to upgrade (we are on the BETA branch which means updates are done manually - file by file) we are choosing not to edit the forum at all, but instead only do modifications via addons which can be simply reinstalled after each update.

Like I said, it's your forums, do whatever you want. I have no intentions of sitting here and "fighting" with you. Just getting my point across and moving along.

blalp

just make a separate css file with:
.quickbuttons li.quick_edit {
margin-right: 46px;
}
.quickbuttons li.post_options {
    z-index: 1;
    position: absolute;
    margin-left: -46px;
}

I know this is different then what battleaxium said, i tested it and it didn't work, I tested this one (I posted it in the forums earier)
Have a fantastic day!

Towelie

willhill2000

Thanks for the update tow. Would a CSGO server ever be possible?

BattleAxium

Quote from: blalp on Apr 17, 2016, 04:31 PMjust make a separate css file with:
}
}

I know this is different then what battleaxium said, i tested it and it didn't work, I tested this one (I posted it in the forums earier)

Your way accomplishes the same task as mine but with a little more work.  All I do is remove one line whereas you override existing elements. Not only that but I wouldn't advise using absolute values as that screws with keeping the theme responsive.

dutbug

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 17, 2016, 11:23 AM- Release Prison server (if @saywhat2365 actually makes that happen some time... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAYWHAT)

I told saywhat that I am more than happy to help with the prison server. I can't wait to see it on sft soon :)

blalp

Quote from: BattleAxium on Apr 17, 2016, 05:03 PM
Quote from: blalp on Apr 17, 2016, 04:31 PMjust make a separate css file with:
}
}

Your way accomplishes the same task as mine but with a little more work.  All I do is remove one line whereas you override existing elements. Not only that but I wouldn't advise using absolute values as that screws with keeping the theme responsive.
position does make some problems arise, but as long as I don't set top left or anything the position doesn't change relative. Your solution leaves extra space on some posts. Like Tow's posts for example. I think the fix to your way is:
div.under_message{
overflow:visible;
}
.postarea .under_message::after{
display: initial;
}

Your way is simpler, next time it would be easier if you just made it like a separate css file, so they don't edit the forum one.
Have a fantastic day!

xJade

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 17, 2016, 11:23 AM- Release Prison server (if @saywhat2365 actually makes that happen some time... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAYWHAT)
Is there a way to help with this like wild west and qwest? or will that be impossible? I know it's a little hard working on two servers all by yourself so thats why I brought up the question.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

iLaxrv10

Quote from: _JimJam on Apr 18, 2016, 01:38 AM
Is there a way to help with this like wild west and qwest? or will that be impossible? I know it's a little hard working on two servers all by yourself so thats why I brought up the question.
He has assistance from people like @djkirsh and @ninjadanny22 and some more for prison. :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Brightpkz on Apr 17, 2016, 12:56 PMI am so excited for the Prison server :D I will be addicted to it ^^
Me too! Lol

John

BluetigerESW

Quote from: willhill2000 on Apr 17, 2016, 04:58 PMThanks for the update tow. Would a CSGO server ever be possible?

^this
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

willhill2000

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Apr 19, 2016, 06:17 PM
Quote from: willhill2000 on Apr 17, 2016, 04:58 PMThanks for the update tow. Would a CSGO server ever be possible?

^this
i could make it, surf or something fun