Let's start a new modded server for SFT!

Started by ceddy24, May 31, 2018, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Modpack would you enjoy to see of SFT?

Technology and Magic Revamped
22 (45.8%)
Mianite Reborn
20 (41.7%)
Regrowth
6 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: Jun 07, 2018, 01:29 PM

ceddy24

May 31, 2018, 01:29 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:41 PM by ceddy24
Hey SFT!
We ( @Mord3005 @xQuicScopex✪ and me ) have been working on a new project recently to launch a new modded server. However before we fully get into, we've decided to ask for an opinion from you guys. We'd need you to choose one of the following modpacks that'd you love to see of SFT and enjoy playing with others.

If you'd like to know which mods are included with each of the packs, use one of the following links.

Technology and Magic Revamped:
https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/technology-and-magic-revamped.724436/mods

Mianite Reborn:
https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/mianite-reborn.856833/mods

Regrowth:
https://www.modpackindex.com/modpack/1-7-10/regrowth

Sadly, this will result in Lost Sky being replaced with this. If you have any questions about why, feel free to PM me.

Nubbun

Thought sft weren't supposed to have any more minecraft related servers .-.

\(◎o◎)/

xQuicScopex

Quote from: magl on May 31, 2018, 01:31 PMThought sft weren't supposed to have any more minecraft related servers .-.

i thought we weren't supposed to be negative either but here we are.

IiRr22Bb

:potato: Definately Technology and Magic, and would definitely play aswell.

Nubbun

May 31, 2018, 01:35 PM #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:18 PM by magl
Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on May 31, 2018, 01:33 PM
Quote from: magl on May 31, 2018, 01:31 PMThought sft weren't supposed to have any more minecraft related servers .-.

I wasn't being negative i just mentioned what i thought >.>

was looking for where i had heard the "no more minecraft" stuff that was the source for what i thought and found this instead.

edit: oy found it x)

\(◎o◎)/

Tyler7733

Don't worry everyone... whatever is chosen, i will be at the top within a week...Mostly going for regrowth because it is more balanced and other people stand more of a chance there.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Loasty

Quote from: xQuicScopex✪ on May 31, 2018, 01:33 PM

this wasnt negative in the slightest? where is this sudden hostility coming from quic... Like 2 months ago it was discussed we had no future plans for anymore minecraft related servers, nothing to get offended by
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

JaceTheNeko

We have 2 rather heavily tech based modpacks already, in my PERSONAL opinion, we could use a modpack more based on Magic. Could be a nice change.
Mmmmmmm yes, a signature.

Snowpawfoxx

I have to say, Technology And Magic Revamp looks pretty interesting over all.

Sassy1233

Quote from: Snowpawfoxx on May 31, 2018, 01:52 PMI have to say, Technology And Magic Revamp looks pretty interesting over all.
Agreed
Live life how it's supposed to be lived
Proud member of the LGBTQ+ community

ceddy24

Quick update: You can change your votes incase you change your mind.

Towelie

Yeah, I'm gonna use my veto powers and say go with the Mianite modpack. It's the most popular out of the three and that means the biggest potential playerbase.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

one227

If these are like legit full of mod modpacks and not like the current ones on SFT.

One of these will 100% bring me back to play.

I miss mod servers on sft (the old good ones that is)

Tombo_

MonkeyJiblets

Quote from: Towelie on May 31, 2018, 02:34 PMYeah, I'm gonna use my veto powers and say go with the Mianite modpack. It's the most popular out of the three and that means the biggest potential playerbase.
Gotta love veto powers. And also what happens to Lost staff? Rip?
"All Great Things Come With An Equally Great Criticism" -MonkeyJiblets 2k18

SlimeyBoi123

mianite reborn just seem wayyyyyy to laggy vanilla mc i get 60-100 fps fresh world technology and magic revamped i get 30-50 fps fresh world and mianite reborn i get 1-5 fps fresh world (all with optifine)
lost = life

Towelie

Quote from: DaRedStoneSlime on May 31, 2018, 05:15 PMmianite reborn just seem wayyyyyy to laggy vanilla mc i get 60-100 fps fresh world technology and magic revamped i get 30-50 fps fresh world and mianite reborn i get 1-5 fps fresh world (all with optifine)

Yeah, then hell no.
Magic revamped maybe ? Idk, I feel like neither are good options to be fair.
You are looking in the wrong place, you need to look at the top 10 technic modpacks and host a server for that if we want this to work.
The server will only work if the modpack ahs a really big playerbase so let's say it has 1 million runs, we can hope for 1% of that which means 1000 unique players (that's nothing,  Survival had 100k unique in its glory days)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on May 31, 2018, 05:26 PM
Quote from: DaRedStoneSlime on May 31, 2018, 05:15 PMmianite reborn just seem wayyyyyy to laggy vanilla mc i get 60-100 fps fresh world technology and magic revamped i get 30-50 fps fresh world and mianite reborn i get 1-5 fps fresh world (all with optifine)

Yeah, then hell no.
Magic revamped maybe ? Idk, I feel like neither are good options to be fair.
You are looking in the wrong place, you need to look at the top 10 technic modpacks and host a server for that if we want this to work.
The server will only work if the modpack ahs a really big playerbase so let's say it has 1 million runs, we can hope for 1% of that which means 1000 unique players (that's nothing,  Survival had 100k unique in its glory days)
found a nice modpack with 1mil runs, idk if you have heard about it but its fun when people play it ; D

\(◎o◎)/

Miricx

Here's a quote from me 2.5 years ago. And so far, everything I said is slowly becoming a reality as I was 101% sure it was going to be. No more fucking Minecraft dude, let's keep the servers there but save the time and economy and wait for something greater. Because if we waste resources on shit that we know won't work this ship is gonna sink down to the fucking bottom and you know it.

Towelie

Quote from: Miricx on May 31, 2018, 05:58 PMHere's a quote from me 2.5 years ago. And so far, everything I said is slowly becoming a reality as I was 101% sure it was going to be. No more fucking Minecraft dude, let's keep the servers there but save the time and economy and wait for something greater. Because if we waste resources on shit that we know won't work this ship is gonna sink down to the fucking bottom and you know it.

We tried a ton of non minecraft servers, all of which don't work.

- Ark
- PixArk
- FiveM (GTA 5 MP)
- Terraria
- Rust
 and many others I forgot by now.

Miricx

May 31, 2018, 06:03 PM #20 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:10 PM by Miricx
Quote from: Towelie on May 31, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Miricx on May 31, 2018, 05:58 PMHere's a quote from me 2.5 years ago. And so far, everything I said is slowly becoming a reality as I was 101% sure it was going to be. No more fucking Minecraft dude, let's keep the servers there but save the time and economy and wait for something greater. Because if we waste resources on shit that we know won't work this ship is gonna sink down to the fucking bottom and you know it.

We tried a ton of non minecraft servers, all of which don't work.

- Ark
- PixArk
- FiveM (GTA 5 MP)
- Terraria
- Rust
 and many others I forgot by now.
All those games were relevant for a month or two (maybe not Rust). When I thought of Tibia I thought of a game that is 22 years old and still holds a strong community today. The question is, are there any other games that matches that? Look at that playerbase. All hosted by communities, not youtubers or companies. With the manpower and reputation we already have, if we put time and energy in this, we could make top 10. All you need is to find some people who have knowledge within this game. You're the boss, find your employees. It doesn't necessarily need to be this game. Find another one, research the games and the playerbases there.

SlimeyBoi123

just so u know @ceddy24 it is possible to change the configs to remove the horrible biomes in technology and magic revamped
lost = life

Nubbun

Hurry @xQuicScopex✪ ! call him out for being negative/honest!!!! x'D (sorry for tagging you, couldn't hold the joking around back)

\(◎o◎)/

xQuicScopex

Quote from: magl on May 31, 2018, 06:24 PM

Hurry @xQuicScopex✪ ! call him out for being negative/honest!!!! x'D (sorry for tagging you, couldn't hold the joking around back)

xDDDDD, and just so you know (since it was dropped) the new server is actually replacing lost (skyfactory) so were not adding another server, thats what i meant when i said what i said in your screenshot and im glad you got the joke i was making when i originally quoted you xD

Klaymore

I would really like Technology and Magic Revamped. Just the fact that it has Witchery and is 1.7.10+ makes it amazing. You can do stuff like becoming a werewolf and/or vampire, custom potions, circle rituals, and cursing people! It also has all my favorite mods like Tinker's Construct, Advanced Genetics, Ars Magica 2, Botania, NEI, Thermal Expansion, Minefactory Reloaded, WAILA, and especially Witchery. ;D