Mar 28, 2024, 09:37 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Should we do a full reset for Pix?

Started by Towelie, Jan 17, 2017, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which option should we choose?

Option 1
22 (25.9%)
Option 2
6 (7.1%)
Option 3
48 (56.5%)
Option 4
9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 24, 2017, 07:30 PM

Towelie

So, here's my thought. While we are having problems with Pixelmon not getting enough new players, we also are having problems with old players leaving because they are bored having done anything there is to do.

We have three options:
Option #1 - Full reset. Everyone starts over
Option #2 - Pokemon reset and 50% is taken of everyone's balance
Option #3 (Dpa's idea) -> Have people choose 6 pokemon they want to keep. All the others will be reset (the computers will be reset basically)
Option #4 Do nothing (condemn Pix to die a slow and painful death)

How we'll handle donations:
Fully reimburse donations up to the last 6 months
And then partial reimbursement for 7-12 months

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Tombo_

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2017, 07:29 PMAnd then partial reimbursement for 7-12 months

So older than 12 months no reimbursement?
Would this include donator ranks that we've previously purchased?

graven2603

Jan 17, 2017, 08:06 PM #2 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2017, 08:24 PM by graven2603
This would be amazing if Pix reset,  it would also be fair if people get to keep 6 pokemon

Cause shiny sableye is almost impossible to find, ill never part with my babies

Also would our permissions like /fly go as well?
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

AidenBwah

6 pokemon + 50% balance to try to fix it. I mean, a full reset would be fine by me, but I know people who donated a lot for shiny legendaries would be mad. Also people choosing option 4 should really take into account SFT Pixelmon's future. Your pokemon and items won't matter if we can't pay to keep the server running.

Sparta123

If people have choice on the 6 pokes they want then they'll take the rare ones and mass produce them in my opinion the whole reason Pixelmon is dying is because there's no updates to the actual pack itself and yes I know you physically can't update it but that's what I think is the main problem so I think a full reset of everything would be the best way.

graven2603

Jan 17, 2017, 08:32 PM #5 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2017, 08:36 PM by graven2603
Quote from: Sparta123 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:27 PMIf people have choice on the 6 pokes they want then they'll take the rare ones and mass produce them in my opinion the whole reason Pixelmon is dying is because there's no updates to the actual pack itself and yes I know you physically can't update it but that's what I think is the main problem so I think a full reset of everything would be the best way.

People could be limited to what they can bring like 1 ditto, 1 legendary and maybe 3 shinys/ 2 perfect pokemon (IV)

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

ninjanoah03

I'd like to keep 6 pokemon from my party/pc :p

stormshooter

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:33 PMI cry I just got my rank and mew :(
Choose option 3 and you can keep it :P

iLaxrv10

I voted for option 3, I do not want to loose my shiny legendaries I traded/donated for.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

BioPh33r

I honestly dont care one way or the other as long as the problem is fixed but i choose op 1 cause that just solves everything plus freshness all around

hi735

will people keep ranks/commands?

stormshooter

Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:32 PM
Quote from: Sparta123 on Jan 17, 2017, 08:27 PMIf people have choice on the 6 pokes they want then they'll take the rare ones and mass produce them in my opinion the whole reason Pixelmon is dying is because there's no updates to the actual pack itself and yes I know you physically can't update it but that's what I think is the main problem so I think a full reset of everything would be the best way.

People could be limited to what they can bring like 1 ditto, 1 legendary and maybe 3 shinys/ 2 perfect pokemon (IV)
That is waaaay too hard to monitor.

graven2603

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 17, 2017, 09:09 PM

Have people put in a screenshot of the pokemon they want to keep and a staff member could tell them what can/can't be taken over,

But it would be better if everything but those in our party where reset: Map, wallets and pc. that would be good

TheTrueMadKing

Would it be possible to make it so if older players still play semi-actively (i try when i'm not busy with work or family) can keep all of their things if they so choose? I know my opinion doesnt really matter compared to some of the others here but i really dont wanna lose all my progress, and starting over from scratch really doesn't appeal to me.

smallfry5545

Voted for option 3, I like the idea of a reset but getting to keep some Pokémon from your party.

krankenstein20

For option 3 how about we can buy more slots because some legendary pokemon or shinys etc can take ages to catch so maybe expand it to 1 box of pokemon so that shinys etc that were legitimately obtained can be saved as some of them are quite rare and some players spent ages trying to get them either through eggs or searching or saving up etc so it would all go in seconds. I think 6 is too few to keep so maybe expand it to 1 box

krankenstein20

Also what about donor bought shinys that were traded? They were still purchased how can you keep track of them all?

graven2603

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Jan 17, 2017, 10:23 PMFor option 3 how about we can buy more slots because some legendary pokemon or shinys etc can take ages to catch so maybe expand it to 1 box of pokemon so that shinys etc that were legitimately obtained can be saved as some of them are quite rare and some players spent ages trying to get them either through eggs or searching or saving up etc so it would all go in seconds. I think 6 is too few to keep so maybe expand it to 1 box

I dont think you can reset without the PC's Being wiped but If there was a way then the economy can quickly turn into what it is now and DPA is trying to Fix Pix not flood it with one of the main problems

Dday694

I would believe option 3 is the best solution in a way.

However I would suggest for the 6 pokemon that you shouldnt be allowed to have them all be legends (for example 1 person wants to keep 6 Kyogres). Have a limit in place to where you can have only 1 legend out of the 6 you pick.

Just the fear that people who will pick all legends can then damage the economy immediately.

Chocobo123456

i picked option 1 as well it feels like if we do a complete fresh start than it will give people more to do and more of a reason to stick around

DylbertDangle

Jan 18, 2017, 12:59 AM #21 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017, 08:36 PM by Prince O Whales
So I get my things from my donations or, I get to repick what I spend the money on?
@Dday694 Not really fair considering like 3 people have actually grinded up to a point where they could choose to bring over just 6 kyogres :p
sure reset sounds cool (kinda biting my tongue on that one unless if this is an intended update then yay), I suppose but I'd like to bring over my best stuff which is already hard to pick between considering the amount of time I have put in to collecting my things.

Also I would like to keep EXACT copies of the things I own for example a hidden ability shiny lugia with an ideal nature including its specifics ivs size evs.  Or would this literally just be winged and I get a random one with significantly less value and combat abilities.

ASquattingDog

Is this a full reset and update or is this a reset and watch people get angry and lose more people reset?

Bosslaya

Quote from: graven2603 on Jan 17, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 17, 2017, 09:09 PM

Have people put in a screenshot of the pokemon they want to keep and a staff member could tell them what can/can't be taken over,

But it would be better if everything but those in our party where reset: Map, wallets and pc. that would be good
People could go into singleplayer and get what they want by going into creative and pokespawning and getting master balls
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

Software2_

Jokes on you! 50% of my balance is still going to be $0!
Are insults still insults if I agree with the statement(s)?