Mar 28, 2024, 11:53 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Technology] The future is nearly here......

Started by Happysheep102, Jun 22, 2015, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happysheep102

Holographic technology lands on planet earth December 2015

Windows 10 powers one of Microsoft's most exciting technologies ever. Microsoft HoloLens give you the power to drop virtual screens onto walls, visit distant locations in person and add apps to anywhere in your home.

Turn your house, office and anywhere else you find yourself into a fully interactive digital hub for work, play and creativity. Windows HoloLens is a new standalone device and doesn't need a PC to run.

With the release of Windows 10 on July 29th, Microsoft has announced that it's new HoloLens will run Windows 10 as smooth as any computer would. With a similar look and feel to windows tablets, but with that super modern look! Apps such as skype, and office will work as they do on your computer, with holographic keyboards and hand sensor technology, it really is a new age for computing.

When it comes to gaming, minecraft will be one of the first games made for the HoloLens after Microsoft's recent purchase of Mojang. You'll no longer be looking at your minecraft world, you'll be in it! Building your own blocky world in your home. Not only this, but Windows 10 is cross compatible with XBox one, which means you can enjoy your gaming experience, even without the console. And don't worry about laggy games, the HoloLens will have Intel's newest "Cherry Trail Chipset" for a smooth, clean finish. The experts who made the XBox Kinect, are investing their time in making sure that the motion sensors for the HoloLens are the best yet! You can say goodbye to faffing around with cables! The hololens will come with wireless charging, so you'll never have a day without power again.

And all this, isn't too far away. There is no official release date yet for this new branch in engineering, but it is expected to be around December 2015. Worried about the price? It isn't going to be a ridiculous sum of money, it's expected to be around £300-£600!

This really is a new age in technology, and it isn't far away.

Green_Giant

Ohh, the price is far cheaper than I was anticipating. It's actually an affordable option for many, which makes me believe that it will be a success, even if it is in the early stages of the technology.

Happysheep102

I was amazed when I saw the price too, and I think this really is the start of making sci-fi real! If it is within that price range, I'll certainly be buying one. Unfortunately, its still in its developer stages and there's a long way to go!

darknuju

This is exciting on so many levels, especially for someone like me who enjoys writing myself custom apps and other general programming things.  I remember my brother coming down and asking me if I was watching the xbox press conference which I wasn't, and he told me to look up the hololense demonstration, I was utterly blown away to say the least as long as the actual technology sold is up to snuff with what they showed off at E3 I can see this really taking off.  And although this will be a standalone device I think the option to connect it to your computer for extra processing power would be nice for those who want REALLY good preformance.

rens0wntnoob

As a person who is studying in IT (Also around this kind of technology)

I'm kinda scared for the future..

It's cool and all, glasses that you can wear, but how about your eyes? You atleast need some normal sunlight and nothing infront of your eyes instead of a big screen that projects everything infront of you.

How about safety? if you get in an accident, no doubt you will be blamed because you can get distracted easily. also your social skills wouldnt improve either when wearing that

I might not buy one because it would hurt my small amount of social skills

darknuju

Quote from: rens0wntnoob on Jun 22, 2015, 09:51 PMAs a person who is studying in IT (Also around this kind of technology)

I'm kinda scared for the future..

It's cool and all, glasses that you can wear, but how about your eyes? You atleast need some normal sunlight and nothing infront of your eyes instead of a big screen that projects everything infront of you.

How about safety? if you get in an accident, no doubt you will be blamed because you can get distracted easily. also your social skills wouldnt improve either when wearing that

I might not buy one because it would hurt my small amount of social skills

I feel this is the responsibility we as users must take to not use it ALL THE TIME and only wear it when we are actually using it and not just forever I personally won't be able to use it for any super long time as I have to wear glasses that help with my OCD and stress (it is a weird brain condition) I don't think people should use this like they use their phone by having it with them everywhere and using it for extended periods of time (maybe an hour at most would be good)

Happysheep102

As dark said, its down to the user. And who's going to wear a ridiculous looking thing on their head all the time?

ddude_stnom

Back in my day, only rare Yu-Gi-Oh cards were holographic.

I joke.

What I am looking forward to is my very own J.A.R.V.I.S.  8)

Happysheep102

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Jun 24, 2015, 08:05 PMBack in my day, only rare Yu-Gi-Oh cards were holographic.

I joke.

No doubt someone will make a Jarvis app xD

cravend

I'm just worried they won't fit over my existing glasses. What's the point of having holographic wall apps when you can't see the wall??
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

ddude_stnom

Quote from: happysheep102 on Jun 24, 2015, 08:33 PM
Quote from: ddude_stnom on Jun 24, 2015, 08:05 PMBack in my day, only rare Yu-Gi-Oh cards were holographic.

I joke.

No doubt someone will make a Jarvis app xD

They have -- and there are various other forms of AI out there, Cortana to name one.

J.A.R.V.I.S on the other hand is on a totally different scale, and helps you build suits of armor. Now wouldn't that be cool...

iLaxrv10

This is so cool! :) can't wait to see it in action!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner