Introducing Survival 2.0

Started by Towelie, Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garow93

It's funny to me when people say "I've been here since 2015(not trying to point fingers but an example) and I refuse to reset all my work" when people like Fractalion and Tera have been here since 2011 or earlier, and are all for the reset and are wanting it to be a complete reset. When you've played minecraft since it was nearly free(I paid $2.95 for it) you absolutely run out of things to do after a few years if nothing has been reset. I've lost everything on survival SFT through the various world resets(lots of which are caused due to the server being so long running.) At one point, I was one of biggest no lifes on sft, having several 80+ hour weeks.

By having a reset, we can have people building the server back up again, with nobody outweighing anybody else. Nobody will have the funds, or materials to just not have to do something, and we can all grind together again, which is what I remember this community as when I first joined. Give it a chance to see what you can do when everyone is on an equal playing field again.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 11, 2018, 12:28 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2018, 08:07 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 10, 2018, 02:13 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 09, 2018, 07:44 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 08, 2018, 07:40 PMThis is exciting, I've been waiting for this for a while!

A few questions, though:
1. You said some plugins are being removed. Could you give some examples? I assume some of the donation related ones that only one or two people actually purchased would be included here?
2. Since this will essentially reset the economy, will you be reducing the number of ways that money enters into the economy? For example, will the rewards from voting be reduced now that the economy doesn't necessarily require such inflated numbers?
3. In the same vein as #2, since this will reset the economy, will villager trading be enabled now? This would be a great opportunity to balance and enable that, probably the only chance you'll get.
4. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but which admin is currently in charge of Patreon coupon distribution? Easier to just ask here than to ask around xd
1. Just run of the mill un-used plugins that 1-2 people purchased, and then i'd reimburse those people in premium shop credit
2. No. Voting is important. The reason the economy was THAT fucked, was because a handful of people found ways to dupe items, and proceeded to dupe thousands of diamond stacks and whatnot.
3. Villager trading will not be enabled. It's still insanely broken and you can exploit the economy that way. Villager trading is not compatible with having an economy.
4. TheStarNomad

To be clear, what I mean is not to make voting less viable as a way of earning money, but rather to just make all the number smaller. Like, make diamonds 1/10 their current cost, make votes give 1/10 of what they currently do, make events give 1/10 of what they currently do, etc. At the moment, earning a million emp isn't really hard. You can do it pretty easily if you really want to.

By reducing slashing the cost of literally everything, you'd make the Emp seem like it's worth more, even if you technically haven't rebalanced anything at all.

I just think it'd be cool to see earning a million EmpBucks be a thing that takes effort again, rather than a thing that can be done rather trivially by mining for a little while.

I admit I could have phrased my question in a way that made what I was talking about a bit clearer, that's totally on me.
Will wait for Lans's rebalance and then we could do that.
But it wouldn't really achieve anything, it's just psychological, because whether you get 20k from voting and a piece of dirt is 20k, or whether you get 2k from voting and a piece of dirt is 2k, it's the same thing.

I agree it wouldn't really do anything, but I feel that with the advent of enchantments, beacons, potions, and everything else that has made amassing wealth easier, the value of emp has changed drastically.

The original emporium prices were set in an era before any of those things existed, when the absolute fastest you could mine an obsidian was at a rate of 4 per minute, for example. Diamonds were so much more of a grind to get back then as well, given that the ore veins were the same size, but neither efficiency nor fortune existed back then.

I figure since these "new" gameplay mechanics have drastically changed the value of basically everything, now would be a good time to adjust the prices so that they no longer feel as inflated as they currently do. Sure, it could always be done later, (and could have been done earlier, but then you would need to update every single player's Emp balance to reflect the change as well, as well as making sure every autoshop owner is aware of the upcoming change, etc.) but I feel like this is realistically the only time this can be done, which is why I bring it up now.

I just think it would be nice if the numbers weren't so crazy-overinflated. If it doesn't happen I won't be sad, because I know it would take a bit of effort, but I'd certainly be happy if it were done.
Would you be interested in helping with that? :D

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 11, 2018, 09:32 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 08, 2018, 07:40 PMThis is exciting, I've been waiting for this for a while!

A few questions, though:
1. You said some plugins are being removed. Could you give some examples? I assume some of the donation related ones that only one or two people actually purchased would be included here?
2. Since this will essentially reset the economy, will you be reducing the number of ways that money enters into the economy? For example, will the rewards from voting be reduced now that the economy doesn't necessarily require such inflated numbers?
3. In the same vein as #2, since this will reset the economy, will villager trading be enabled now? This would be a great opportunity to balance and enable that, probably the only chance you'll get.
4. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but which admin is currently in charge of Patreon coupon distribution? Easier to just ask here than to ask around xd
1. Just run of the mill un-used plugins that 1-2 people purchased, and then i'd reimburse those people in premium shop credit
2. No. Voting is important. The reason the economy was THAT fucked, was because a handful of people found ways to dupe items, and proceeded to dupe thousands of diamond stacks and whatnot.
3. Villager trading will not be enabled. It's still insanely broken and you can exploit the economy that way. Villager trading is not compatible with having an economy.
4. TheStarNomad

To be clear, what I mean is not to make voting less viable as a way of earning money, but rather to just make all the number smaller. Like, make diamonds 1/10 their current cost, make votes give 1/10 of what they currently do, make events give 1/10 of what they currently do, etc. At the moment, earning a million emp isn't really hard. You can do it pretty easily if you really want to.

By reducing slashing the cost of literally everything, you'd make the Emp seem like it's worth more, even if you technically haven't rebalanced anything at all.

I just think it'd be cool to see earning a million EmpBucks be a thing that takes effort again, rather than a thing that can be done rather trivially by mining for a little while.

I admit I could have phrased my question in a way that made what I was talking about a bit clearer, that's totally on me.
But it wouldn't really achieve anything, it's just psychological, because whether you get 20k from voting and a piece of dirt is 20k, or whether you get 2k from voting and a piece of dirt is 2k, it's the same thing.

I agree it wouldn't really do anything, but I feel that with the advent of enchantments, beacons, potions, and everything else that has made amassing wealth easier, the value of emp has changed drastically.

The original emporium prices were set in an era before any of those things existed, when the absolute fastest you could mine an obsidian was at a rate of 4 per minute, for example. Diamonds were so much more of a grind to get back then as well, given that the ore veins were the same size, but neither efficiency nor fortune existed back then.

I figure since these "new" gameplay mechanics have drastically changed the value of basically everything, now would be a good time to adjust the prices so that they no longer feel as inflated as they currently do. Sure, it could always be done later, (and could have been done earlier, but then you would need to update every single player's Emp balance to reflect the change as well, as well as making sure every autoshop owner is aware of the upcoming change, etc.) but I feel like this is realistically the only time this can be done, which is why I bring it up now.

I just think it would be nice if the numbers weren't so crazy-overinflated. If it doesn't happen I won't be sad, because I know it would take a bit of effort, but I'd certainly be happy if it were done.
I'm not really sure how much help I could be with it, since I feel like a lot of it is probably fiddling with config files, but if there's some way you can think of that I can be useful, then I'd be happy to give you some of my spare time to help out when I can

Cr1_98

Hope the changes give the intended outcome - IE a revamp in the popularity of the server. When this actually happens I may actually try to play a bit again, if I can get time. Like others have stated, after a while you just "do everything" and then you get bored, hopefully this should help rectify this.  :)

Lucy_23x

If this new survival is really successful, could always bring in the old one as a second world/server.

Also, 1, is creative being reset?

2, if people really want, you could bring over builds from old survival to creative, if people still want to work on them?

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

HD

Grow up people, a reset is bound to happen either now, late 2018, or even in 2019.

I understand when people say: "I worked to get all my stuff for years, and you want to take it all away with a reset?" Heck, I have seen people leave and come back, then leave again, and repeat the cycle. They always lose their stuff, but you don't see them complaining, because they knew it will disappear.

I'm going to say this right now:

Whatever you are trying to save from this reset, it is JUST a bunch of blocks, a bunch of pixelated items you got. What important is the memory you got from it, so make new memories.

If you seriously going to go insane or quit or hate because of a bunch of blocks/pixelated items you wanted to protect. Then.. I just feel sorry for you. I too had things I wanted to protect from restarts, but like every single person says: "Life will have obstacles, you just need to get past them, even if it means sacrificing the past to head towards the future."

Palker

When will Survival 2.0 release?  :)

snowtiger20

tbh im a little sad that builds wont be transferred... but that is ok i guess. just disappointed that all that effort was for nothing.

anyway, im exited for the new server and I hope it succeeds.

Cireshie

Hold up... does that mean I lose my prestige level?

stormshooter

Quote from: Cireshie on Jul 13, 2018, 03:10 AMHold up... does that mean I lose my prestige level?
Considering it'll be mcmmo I guess so

stevebean

At first I was sad that this was happening, but after thinking about it I realized that it will be good to start over, because it will give everyone something to do rather than just  build up hoarded of money and items. I hope this reset will have the intended outcome and help the server :)

IiRr22Bb

lioneatszebra

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 09, 2018, 11:38 AMSFT is largely a survival / economy server and people want to be more successful than everyone else. Therefore one of the main attractions for players to join or return is that there's a possibility they can succeed more. By moving over the top 5 auto shops you're just continuing the survival trend where 5 people own 90% of emp on the server. Yes you aren't moving over their items but it takes a long time for an auto shop to be built, organised and extend their name out to the player base so this gives a huge and unfair advantage. 1.13 isn't out for a while yet so why not just finalise emp prices then create a basic admin auto shop, that way after a couple weeks better priced and managed auto shops will start appearing and everyone will have a fair chance.

me gusta
brb, living offline

Lansdiinio

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 11, 2018, 09:32 AM

A few questions, though:
4. TheStarNomad

I'd be down for a more thorough rebalance of prices. To be honest I think looking at current player owned autoshops gives a more realistic set of prices as they know what players buy most and what prices they're willing to pay at an instant. Emporium should still be the premium option due to infinite stock and infinite money. Biggest example is something like 3k+ for a diamond at Emp vs 1.7k or whatever at an autoshop.

Towelie

please do so, I really appreciate your involvement in this

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

lionblaze10

Though I don't play anymore and likely won't again due to unrelated reasons (work, family, etc.) I think a full reset is a great idea.

In terms of autoshops I do not believe that any should be transferred as it places everyone on a level playing field and may even encourage new players to open player run shops and allow small autoshops that were overlooked due to the presence of large autos to have a fair chance in the economy.

For perk / perms: will any purchased or acquired (via perm egg / in game emp purchase, etc.) be removed from players?

I do agree with many other posts in this thread that due to an excess of items and emo in the economy that prices have been inflated to match that and should be balanced with the fact that each and every player will again have 5k emp.

I do hope this full reset has the desired effect and who knows, maybe someday I will return to SFT, but for now Ill be round on discord every now and again.

SFT's retired sexiest pig,
~lionblaze10
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

reiner_13

The Best Survival Elite
Former Survival Mod
Survival Lemon
Future Survival Dictator

xJade

Quote from: Nubbun on Jul 08, 2018, 05:02 PMThat's cool and all but.... will it have pokemon? :3 :3 :3
Jokes aside, hopefully it turns out to be epic :D
#BringPokeCardsBack

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

TantiveIV_DOG

This will be fun! But I'm sad that ill lose all the things I've worked for. RIP double chest of god picks! ;-; :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe:  :diamondpickaxe: