Mar 19, 2024, 07:29 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Brickport house sale!

Started by T4Tom2, Nov 07, 2020, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T4Tom2

Nov 07, 2020, 05:37 PM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2020, 05:54 PM by T4Tom2
Hey guys, in 24h from this post going live (UTC 6pm/1pm ET/10am PT) Brickport house sale countdown! the houses in our new W1 spawn brickport will go live for sale on a first come first serve basis!

The rules for buying/living in the houses at brickport are as followed;
  • No changes can be made to the exterior of the houses
  • Only one house per player
  • Only one marketstall/shopbuilding per player
  • The player must live there or at least frequent the location (includes decorating the interior in some way)
  • Players who are inactive for a period of time yet to be determined (likely 1month) will be evicted from their homes without the return of their money (but return of items within the building is likely)

The price list;
  • Central square house standard - 900k
  • Central square house corner/centre - 1.5mil
  • Standard house - 500k
  • Corner house - 750k
  • Marketstall - 500k
  • Shopbuilding - 1 million

In order to purchase you will need to contact a manager+ and pay them the money before you are allowed to have the building protected.

We are looking to make brickport a vibrant and active spawn with fully decorated interiors in all buildings! Good luck to everyone trying to buy one!

George

so you are telling me that i dont pay rent i own the actual thing but i will get kicked out if im inactive. get outta here dude
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

T4Tom2

Quote from: George on Nov 07, 2020, 05:50 PMso you are telling me that i dont pay rent i own the actual thing but i will get kicked out if im inactive. get outta here dude
Thankfully nobody is going to force you to buy one ;)

GRIMI_

Quote from: T4Tom2 on Nov 07, 2020, 05:55 PM
Quote from: George on Nov 07, 2020, 05:50 PMso you are telling me that i dont pay rent i own the actual thing but i will get kicked out if im inactive. get outta here dude
Thankfully nobody is going to force you to buy one ;)

Can this be arranged? Maybe I want to be forced to buy one.

Cr1_98

I would be interesting in buying one of these!

Thanos

I know it's Brickport and all but don't you think the prices are a bit extreme given the size and the fact that the buildings are empty?
Former Survival Manager
Survival Professor

Chill2000

Quote from: Thanos on Nov 07, 2020, 09:04 PMI know it's Brickport and all but don't you think the prices are a bit extreme given the size and the fact that the buildings are empty?
Correct me if I was wrong I think brickport 2.0 sold them at 2 mil for the small central ones! :D
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

omelott

Nov 08, 2020, 12:58 AM #7 Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020, 01:09 AM by omelet

It's to make the town lively. They don't want a bunch of houses owned by inactive players sitting around when there are people who might really want to own those houses. I did the exact same thing with my town a few years ago (Nommy Island), and it worked really well- I had a population of very active players and homes were always available for those who wanted one. It also was a consistent source of revenue for the town ;)

George

Quote from: omelet on Nov 08, 2020, 12:58 AM

It's to make the town lively. They don't want a bunch of houses owned by inactive players sitting around when there are people who might really want to own those houses. I did the exact same thing with my town a few years ago (Nommy Island), and it worked really well- I had a population of very active players and homes were always available for those who wanted one. It also was a consistent source of revenue for the town ;)
Well no1 should have the permission to take your property.

omelott

Quote from: George on Nov 08, 2020, 08:37 AM

I don't know what to tell you, my friend. With a town as desirable to live in as this one, there are inevitably going to be drawbacks.

Green_Giant

To put it frank, it's not your property. They're spawn houses.

T4Tom2

To clear up a few issues ive seen arisen since the announcement;

Players will only be allowed one building in brickport, you may also purchase a market stall in addition to your house/shop building but you will not be allowed to purchase both a house and a shop building.

To clarify what the pricing list means for the houses;
Central square house standard (one of the houses in the central block (on one of the 4 central streets around the main square) in brickport but not one of the middle ones in a row nor one of  the corner ones) - 900k
Central square house corner/centre (a house in the middle of the row or at the corner within the main square (on one of the 4 main streets) - 1.5mil
Standard house (any house outside the main square that is not on the corner of a set of houses) - 500k
Corner house (a corner house on any of the blocks outside the main square of brickport) - 750k
Marketstall (one of the coloured marketstalls within the main square of brickport) - 500k
Shopbuilding (one of the buildings with a shopfront/canape within the market quarter of brickport)- 1 million

T4Tom2

Quote from: Thanos on Nov 07, 2020, 09:04 PMI know it's Brickport and all but don't you think the prices are a bit extreme given the size and the fact that the buildings are empty?
Oh Lordy you would've hated the first draft price list then  :o

AtomicPulse

Your normal houses get removed if your inactive too, thats what a BCV is
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

T4Tom2

The sale is now live! Contact a manager+ in game if you would like to purchase

George

Quote from: Green_Giant on Nov 08, 2020, 11:44 AM

I pay full ammount to own it. I don't pay rent smh it is my property xd

stormshooter

Quote from: George on Nov 09, 2020, 04:39 PM

its minecraft

George

Quote from: TeraStorm on Nov 09, 2020, 07:51 PM
Quote from: George on Nov 09, 2020, 04:39 PM

its minecraft
"It's realistic"

Towelie

Quote from: T4Tom2 on Nov 08, 2020, 04:22 PM
Oh Lordy you would've hated the first draft price list then  :o
Lmao I was gonna say that xd

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

yeah, the goal is to kinda have people active in the spawn so it's more like a town with active residents.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Mazeworker

Wait a seconds... I can buy a house in /W1 spawn area?

I want one of those fancy houses... I'll take it as a my prize from Oct Top Voter contest T4Tom2 if its ok. Maybe make it the "Top Voters House" or something silly.

I want one of the corner 1.5 Million houses.

T4Tom2

Quote from: Mazeworker on Nov 14, 2020, 12:56 AMWait a seconds... I can buy a house in /W1 spawn area?

I want one of those fancy houses... I'll take it as a my prize from Oct Top Voter contest T4Tom2 if its ok. Maybe make it the "Top Voters House" or something silly.

I want one of the corner 1.5 Million houses.

Sadly all the corner houses have already been sold off due to it being over a week since they first went on sale, however i'm sure we can sort out one of the other houses as a suitable prize, DM me either on forums or on discord!

omelott

Seeing how slow sales have been, will the manager/admin team consider loosening the ownership rules? For example, allowing a player to own both a house and a shop?

(Sorry to bump an old topic, by the way)

T4Tom2

Quote from: omelet on Jan 18, 2021, 03:44 AMSeeing how slow sales have been, will the manager/admin team consider loosening the ownership rules? For example, allowing a player to own both a house and a shop?

(Sorry to bump an old topic, by the way)
It'll be discussed!