Apr 18, 2024, 03:40 PM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

The pulse of SFT

Started by Towelie, May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Hey guys, I 'm Towelie, your friendly Owner and I want to take the pulse of SFT.
Tell us the first thing that comes to mind about SFT! Whether it's advice on how to improve, or constructive criticism of what we're doing right or ideas for new servers, let us have it!

Generally I am interested in some key aspects:
1. How to get more players (for the network as well as pix and our other servers
2. How to get the players to vote more without increasing rewards to a point where the game isn't fun any more
3. What can we do to keep things interesting? Do you feel like for example, fur survival in particular it's time for a full reset?

Let me know what you think!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PMsurvival in particular it's time for a full reset?
Yes please <3

JinxOnTheLoose

May 21, 2016, 01:27 PM #2 Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:31 PM by Jinxie
A full reset may bring in players, but it'll also lose x amount of current players too. Of course, the numbers would be uncertain, but would it be worth it to lose players who have stayed for a while and stuck around than to gain players that are fresh and have no certainty of sticking around?

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM1. How to get more players (for the network as well as pix and our other servers

Get rid of the swearing = legal rule. It bugs me how that's not enforced even if they were "just joking"

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM3. What can we do to keep things interesting? Do you feel like for example, fur survival in particular it's time for a full reset?

I feel it could be a good thing. But as Jinxie said, a lot of players will leave because they had their cool things removed.

John

EpicCoffee

I wish voting wasn't spammy. I think that it should just say that {player} voted X amount of times.

I know on TLI I take swearing very seriously. But then again I'm 25 and I didn't grow up swearing.

Brightpkz

A full reset will drive players nuts. It will definitely hurt the player base more than it helps. It will definitely drive people away and that's the last thing we want after having such a small player base already.

Get more players by trying to add features which other servers don't have. Maybe we could do a mini game server full of automatic games...

For voting, a really good idea to promote voting would be to have a tracker. Maybe set a vote target each month and show it on the front page. Once a target is reached, do a sale for the premium shop, do a huge event haul or whatever that's huge (insert trump reference here)

Jokes aside, I hope my 20 cents help.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Green_Giant

The moment you even slightly hint at a full reset, the topic is gonna filled with people arguing against it. I'm just gonna say no on that one for all the obvious reasons.

stormshooter

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on May 21, 2016, 01:44 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM1. How to get more players (for the network as well as pix and our other servers

Get rid of the swearing = legal rule. It bugs me how that's not enforced even if they were "just joking"
That would deter so many players from the server imo.

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on May 21, 2016, 01:52 PM
Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on May 21, 2016, 01:44 PM

That would deter so many players from the server imo.
Once again, you need to make a distinction between personal attacks (which are NOT allowed) and someone saying a random fuck like "fuck this shit im done with it"

SO while "fuck you dpa" is a bannable offense "fuck this shit" is not.
Yes, this is a children-friendly environment, but I'm not gonna educate people's children if they aren't.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

MrRed2016

A full reset is just going to worsen and hurt us. It'll drive people nuts if their hard-earned inventories and all that they worked for is deleted. A full reset is not in order, in my opinion.

Yes, World 2 is resetting, and I personally agree that is a need to encourage new players to start and have a blast. @Towelie

My reason for this is:

1. Fresh land for new and better ideas
2. Brand new spawntown to explore
3. Brand new world to explore

Doctor_Thanos

I certainly condemn the idea of a Full Reset. There have been so many people working on a lot of stuff and just having all their trouble and work going down the drain is an absolute pitty. Apart from that it may hurt the playerbase significantly making many people leave SFT.

As you already know @Towelie , I am working on statues for the Premium Shop which seem to be quite appealing to everyone. Another point to consider is beacons. If Selling Beacons is EULA Compitable (sorry haven't read it) you should certainly do it as they are blocks in high demand.

That's all for now.

nicholiplays

Quote from: Brightpkz on May 21, 2016, 01:50 PMGet more players by trying to add features which other servers don't have. Maybe we could do a mini game server full of automatic games...

i agree with @Brightpkz i love automatic minigames that keep me entertained. i usually play them a lot more than Survival now because i get bored easily when no events, or fun things are happening. (NOT EVENTHOST GAMES) but anyways, id play more on SFT if there were automatic minigames.
me after hitting a fat bong:

Doctor_Thanos

I have a suggestion as regards voting.

There could be an exclusive town, built and run by the Staff, and houses will not cost EmpBucks but vote tokens. Many people might need to /vote daily or even buy from others in order to them to buy those houses. Of course the level of building will be exceptional.

FinalTest

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM3. What can we do to keep things interesting?
I've noticed that players usually end up selling their homes when another play moves nearby with a sub-par build, and if they cannot sell their homes, sometimes they just quit. Maybe letting players move builds would keep people happy? Obviously it can't be moving a build every day, but maybe have a move build vote item? Or sell them for emp? Or just let players move builds every once in a while? (<-- my favorite option). I've felt the frustration of having an awful looking build near my house and it just made everything less enjoyable when I walked outside.

Towelie

Moving builds for players for empbucks.
I like that.

Managers?

Brightpkz

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 02:32 PMMoving builds for players for empbucks.
I like that.

Managers?

I think what he's saying is he wants players to be able to pay EMP to deter "bad" builds from their area. Not necessarily for the resets.

CallOfTheElements

I think we need to promote the servers more. Get it out there yaknow?

Pookalton

I personally agree with the full reset, I went inactive from SFT for one reason: The world was ugly, people building little dirt houses one block outside the protection of the house I spent millions on, I actually think it would bring more people, sure alot of people would lose awesome things, and I'm not saying that's good, but it would give veryone motivation to start anew, make new friends, make new awesome builds. The idea of a fully automatic minigame server sounds cool, but I'm more for a full reset.

FinalTest

Quote from: Brightpkz on May 21, 2016, 02:47 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 02:32 PMMoving builds for players for empbucks.
I like that.

Managers?

I think what he's saying is he wants players to be able to pay EMP to deter "bad" builds from their area. Not necessarily for the resets.
^^ This would be amazing if it was implemented. Free moves during a reset will keep people playing if they spent all their money on the build.

maxwolf28

I want sft to be a place where we don't have to worry, its a way for me to get out of real life and all the shityness of it.  I'm here to have fun, and that is the only reason (this includes friends and stuff), if that gets taken away, and i think most players will agree, there will be no point. this leads me to my point, a full re set would kill sft. It would create too much stress and anxiety and anger for me to stay (by stay i mean still play). yes i am saying a full reset would probably cause me to leave, at least for an extended period of time(i would still be on discord and forums and maybe in game sometimes because i can't ever fully leave sft). however, a semi reset is needed once and a while, this does create stress for me, but i can handle it. 

sorry this is just a little rant, i put no structure into this, again sorry.

xQuicScopex

allow emp bucks to buy exclusive items....not neccessarily perms but things that can be fun to have but you can still pay real money for (like the small cheap items)

more events using 1.9 mechanics

maybe add the end (vanilla) but disable the dragon and have him spawned as an event once a week or maybe once a month

same with the wither boss you can make it like an event with a special prize for whoever kills it fastest, coolest, smartest, etc.

pix is its not the servers fault its getting to a point where its repetative. you get on talk to people maybe battle a little then youre done its needs more events/tournaments to keep it upbeat and fun maybe even update to 1.8 (at the cost of losing some mods for a little while) or replace some old mods with new ones

and i agree with like everyone a full reset would bring more harm then good itll help at first but itll get right back to this point we play because we have fun stuff to do because we can pay for any items we lose and we can pay to host events you take that away and we wont find the enjoyment like we did

Caz10

I would be one of the ones who would be very pissed if the world reset. My current project Egypt has spoken so much work.
I like the idea of no swearing, but that is just because I've been raised not to swear and it honestly annoys me when others swear. I understand though that some people like to throw around swear words and it could upset them if this rule was implemented.
So basically with both of these ideas you get two parties who are unhappy or happy with the change, I think it would be best if we just left them unchanged.
To bring new players I think there is honestly nothing you can do, at least nothing you're not already doing.
Again with voting there is nothing you can do to get more people to vote, some people just don't care about voting and won't do it no matter what.
Anyways that's just my opinion on all of this, thanks for reading :)

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Towelie on May 21, 2016, 01:08 PMHey guys, I 'm Towelie, your friendly Owner

Hiiiiii Towelie!

I like NicholasPlay's idea for more automated minigames, that's the draw for many players. My brother and cousin are obsessed with these.

Voting, what about perks for voters? EULA banned "pay to play" but since voting is accessible by all, why not "vote to play"? Of course the prizes could be very large, but if there is a way to track every player who votes each day it could be "200 votes 1mill Empbucks" or "75 votes for " or something along those lines.

Keep things interesting: Fund more towns and sponsor them, fund more brick and mortar shops and sponsor them, fill the spawn towns with active players and let those areas be a hub for players. More organized events, more variety of events, bigger events organized. More weekly features like we had with the Toy Story Map. Have a downloaded map added to a world for a week at a time (if we added a Harry Potter world I'd drop out of school and explore it 24/7).

SnipeMasterShark

I am only familiar with pixelmon, but here are my suggestions for that one:

1. The add watch thing is genius, but if i may suggest adding an ultraball reward for opening it? that will get all the zubats clicking on the adds with no real negative economic problems since the pokeball trade is pretty small and not having pokeballs readily available is probably the biggest turnoff for new pix players

2. the professor oak thing could give links to how-to videos, like how to craft pokeball videos on youtube? as well as maybe guides on how to access nei? as well as  advertising mining and the use of spawnshop for beginner cash?

3. just an idea, but make ta not a rank thing but a rented permission from ingame cash?

4. this is a big one that may or may not be necessary: rearrange spawn? it looks nice but its kind of confusing and cramped, and half of the builds are just for show anyway

Some thoughts, if i think of more ill add

Brightpkz

Quote from: NicholasPlays on May 21, 2016, 02:03 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on May 21, 2016, 01:50 PMGet more players by trying to add features which other servers don't have. Maybe we could do a mini game server full of automatic games...

i agree with @Brightpkz i love automatic minigames that keep me entertained. i usually play them a lot more than Survival now because i get bored easily when no events, or fun things are happening. (NOT EVENTHOST GAMES) but anyways, id play more on SFT if there were automatic minigames.

Yeah. We could have automated games like un-named server. And we could have donator's perks to amp the games up