News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Pixelmon - Quite the bump in the road..

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 14, 2017, 05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleAxium

Jul 14, 2017, 11:59 AM #25 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 12:04 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 14, 2017, 11:29 AM1. What we are doing now
2. Not possible for us right now. Unless we receive ~100k in funding over night so we can pay a team of devs
3. We're trying #1 first, but if not, yeah..

Just putting this out here: It would not cost you ~100k to put together a half decent mod. In fact it won't cost you a single dime if you have at least two devs who know what they're doing. This comes from someone who put together a small mod for fun, in like a couple weeks with one other person.

But, even so the pixelmon devs aren't paid much (if any probably) to make and maintain their mod. So, I just wanted to point this out, because saying it's impossible and it would take an over exaggerated figure (~100k) to do isn't accurate and this option should be reconsidered.

xQuicScopex

pixelmon will never die, I know the past of some of the pix devs and they will most likely take their source and just change certain parts of it to make something new, Idk what that will be exactly but I do not in anyway believe this is the end of pixelmon (maybe the name not the game)

Nubbun

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 14, 2017, 11:59 AM
2. Not possible for us right now. Unless we receive ~100k in funding over night so we can pay a team of devs

Just putting this out here: It would not cost you ~100k to put together a half decent mod. In fact it won't cost you a single dime if you have at least two devs who know what they're doing. This comes from someone who put together a small mod for fun, in like a couple weeks with one other person.

But, even so the pixelmon devs aren't paid much (if any probably) to make and maintain their mod. So, I just wanted to point this out, because saying it's impossible and it would take an over exaggerated figure (~100k) to do isn't accurate and this option should be reconsidered.
I'm sorry if this is like rude to say but doesn't this community have a slight habit of either taking forever to finish works or just ditching it in general? So taking on the task of making a stand in for pixelmon might be an overshot X:

That being said if someone from here manages to do it then I will obviously say sorry for having the doubt!

\(◎o◎)/

BattleAxium

Jul 14, 2017, 12:50 PM #28 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 12:55 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: magl on Jul 14, 2017, 12:37 PM

I'm sorry if this is like rude to say but doesn't this community have a slight habit of either taking forever to finish works or just ditching it in general? So taking on the task of making a stand in for pixelmon might be an overshot X:

That being said if someone from here manages to do it then I will obviously say sorry for having the doubt!

It wasn't always this way. Just recently, some people bite off more than they can chew and take on projects that they can't or don't have the time to finish. TRIT and I had an RP server idea planned out a long time ago, but it was never announced since we knew we had no time to deliver it fully.

ep9954

i think a spin-off could work, then you guys can still launch it without being in trouble for copyright.
B-Team Admin and HoS | Discord Admin | Modded Elder | Survival Contributor
Passava1/Pugava1 is my favorite puggu | werewolfxx5 is a smelly wolf | Panda is a weeb

GoldenDruid76

No matter what angle you look at this from, it really sucks. I think that you should just go ahead and release the server and see what happens from there.
Just a person. Nothing to see here.

Chocobo123456

Its like the pokemon company will see "Hey this game has pokemon in it, Lets take it out and flinge it for copyright!" or something like that :P

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 14, 2017, 02:29 PMIts like the pokemon company will see "Hey this game has pokemon in it, Lets take it out and flinge it for copyright!" or something like that :P
Yet they don't do this for all the shitty mobile pokemon ripoffs out there....

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: blalp on Jul 14, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quote from: platerfin on Jul 14, 2017, 06:48 AMI know this idea is not the best but if the pix server does get deleted we could make some other type of popular mod pack instead

Lost islands (modded skyblock) https://www.superfuntime.org/serverstats/LostIslands
Ataack of the BTeam https://www.superfuntime.org/serverstats/B-Team
Keyword: Popular

Lost isn't doing to good with a rare occasion having 10 players, not popular by any means
Bteam is a severely outdated pack

quickredf0x

I'm just worried that if we put up the Pix server that it will result in direct backlash towards us. From what I hear, we can't afford that and it could take down SFT itself. Albeit I dont know the whole story and tend to make these situations look worse to myself due to anxiety.

quickredf0x

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Jul 14, 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 14, 2017, 02:29 PMIts like the pokemon company will see "Hey this game has pokemon in it, Lets take it out and flinge it for copyright!" or something like that :P
Yet they don't do this for all the shitty mobile pokemon ripoffs out there....

I think its because the mod is so extremely popular that they went after it in particular.

quickredf0x

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Jul 14, 2017, 03:27 PM
Quote from: blalp on Jul 14, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quote from: platerfin on Jul 14, 2017, 06:48 AMI know this idea is not the best but if the pix server does get deleted we could make some other type of popular mod pack instead

Lost islands (modded skyblock) https://www.superfuntime.org/serverstats/LostIslands
Ataack of the BTeam https://www.superfuntime.org/serverstats/B-Team
Keyword: Popular

Lost isn't doing to good with a rare occasion having 10 players, not popular by any means
Bteam is a severely outdated pack

Bteam does however get a lot of attention at times. Yes, it has its downtime, but there are regularly around 15 players online and sometimes up to 30 or 40.

boomonstervi

I honestly think that pixelmon cant really go further because we cant really beat Nintendo they are better funded etc. I think that all past pix users who have played for a while (idk how many minutes that would be) should be able to get special stuff on a new server we could make on some modpack or over the top plug in stuff for normal minecraft. OR

I'm a pocket mod so don't take this as bias we could make another pocket server (pocket can be played through windows 10) with a add-on or a bunch...
https://minecraft.net/en-us/addons/ that's the link to learn more on those and theres a pokiaddon  http://mcpedl.com/pokeaddon/

this whole problem really sucks and idk what to do those are just suggestions.
btw I think add-ons are C or C# and I don't know any of those.

iLaxrv10

I think that we should still at least try to offer premium shop things because I firmly believe that Technic just has to stop allowing new Pixelmon modpacks to be made, not closing down old ones.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

DylbertDangle

Hope we stay online this is sad to hear, I hope we are able to put together an alternative should we lose pix.

Nubbun

Quote from: boomonstervi on Jul 14, 2017, 03:44 PMI honestly think that pixelmon cant really go further because we cant really beat Nintendo they are better funded etc. I think that all past pix users who have played for a while (idk how many minutes that would be) should be able to get special stuff on a new server we could make on some modpack or over the top plug in stuff for normal minecraft. OR

I'm a pocket mod so don't take this as bias we could make another pocket server (pocket can be played through windows 10) with a add-on or a bunch...
https://minecraft.net/en-us/addons/ that's the link to learn more on those and theres a pokiaddon  http://mcpedl.com/pokeaddon/
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 14, 2017, 07:57 AM
QuoteJust wanna say I'm sure a lot of people would buy from our other server's premium shops, if they knew about the other servers that is...
It isnt that other servers arent known, its that each server targets specific people. You cant get your pixelmon fix on survival, bteam or lost. You cant get your bteam fix on pixelmon or survival and so on.  You cant just make another popular server, Pixelmon is popular because it is a 1:1 rip of the official games of a billion dollar company. This was bound to happen eventually, and in one hand I'm laughing at it but the other I feel sadness because now we may lose a once great server.
I feel like you missed this reply ^ 

\(◎o◎)/

garow93

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 14, 2017, 03:54 PMI think that we should still at least try to offer premium shop things because I firmly believe that Technic just has to stop allowing new Pixelmon modpacks to be made, not closing down old ones.
Problem with this is our "updated" modpack will be released as a new modpack, so it fully falls under the "no new modpacks" category.

BioPh33r

Ok going to what i said about the petition, there is a such thing as the Fair Use Act which allows people to petition companys for the use of there copyrights or for companies to allow monitization of other people using there work. With that said it's not that far of a stretch to say, idk, the petition for fair use over the pokemon look alikes and uses over petitioning for fair use of the intire asset all together

SnipeMasterShark

I don't like this because it affects me negatively, but really The Pokemon Company is the victims. THAT being said, I think they are butt hurt and are making a mistake. IMO they should try to cut a deal/hire the pixelmon dev team and make it an official thing and ride the hype/money train, shutting them down doesn't make them more money nor make me desire to play their games.

I have been spending most of my time in the ARK world, and WildCard did something like this with the ARK mod sponsor ship program thing.

With this, what are the thoughts on combining the ark and pixelmon server into a PVE ark pokemon thing? I get my minecraft fix playing ARK a lot of the time, and there have been several pokemon mods for ark I have wanted to try:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839857207&searchtext=pokemon        < ---- Pokemon Evolved 1.66 page link (better one i think)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850572514&searchtext=pokemon          < ---- Kraymon Mod link

I have no server running experience just my thoughts/dreams  @Dpa1991 @Towelie

Towelie

It's impossible for us right now as we don't have devs who are good with modding. And Looking at how much time was put into Pixelmon mod, I doubt it would be possible to achieve something like that without thousands of work hours. And work hours cost so.. :S

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: magl on Jul 14, 2017, 12:37 PM

Yes, we do have that habit, I'm sure announcing someone and then coming short is better than just not trying... And if you were to look at all our projects that we started, only a few were flops from the start.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Nubbun

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Jul 14, 2017, 06:03 PMI don't like this because it affects me negatively, but really The Pokemon Company is the victims. THAT being said, I think they are butt hurt and are making a mistake. IMO they should try to cut a deal/hire the pixelmon dev team and make it an official thing and ride the hype/money train, shutting them down doesn't make them more money nor make me desire to play their games.

I have been spending most of my time in the ARK world, and WildCard did something like this with the ARK mod sponsor ship program thing.

With this, what are the thoughts on combining the ark and pixelmon server into a PVE ark pokemon thing? I get my minecraft fix playing ARK a lot of the time, and there have been several pokemon mods for ark I have wanted to try:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839857207&searchtext=pokemon        < ---- Pokemon Evolved 1.66 page link (better one i think)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850572514&searchtext=pokemon          < ---- Kraymon Mod link

I have no server running experience just my thoughts/dreams  @Dpa1991 @Towelie

Probs one of the better stand in options imo cuz would feel similar to pixelmon (if technic does indeed end up removing modpacks) but If Pokemon are serious about the copyrights wouldn't it just be a few months before they go after ark pokemon mod?

\(◎o◎)/

SnipeMasterShark

that is a possibility, but considering how long pixelmon went before they took a stand, who knows.

Towelie

The issue with ark is, it has prohibitive system requirements..

SnipeMasterShark

You are not wrong lol, that being said, im able to play ark with a laptop from 2013 with a gt 640m (given only at ~15-20 fps) but most people i know have souped up computers and make me feel bad.

That being said we currently already have an ARK server that currently can't be logged into (I try on occasion still).

My thoughts being get rid of the not special at all ark server (sorry but its not really) and make it a Pokemon ark modded server (it appears he even lists private servers running this mod on his steam page a.k.a. possible free advertising) we might could even get advertising on arkservers.net or toparkservers.

Not saying necessarily get rid of the new pix or pix classic at all, just a thought this might be forward thinking.