Mar 28, 2024, 08:40 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Pixelmon - Release Date & Information

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 04, 2017, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Jul 04, 2017, 02:24 AM Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017, 03:39 AM by Dpa1991
Hey guys, it's getting near that time and while I do not have a definite date to give you, I have a deadline to have it released by.

I will do my best to get it launched before, but it will be released no later than July 20th.

FAQ

What will happen to the Current Pixelmon server?
  The server will be renamed to Pixelmon Classic, it will remain open to the public and maintained. I will however close the current Premium shop and reopen a much smaller one with just a few packages.

Will my stuff carry over to the new server?
  No, the only data that can be carried over to the new server is the Pokemon files -- and I think its time for a fresh start for everyone. We've had the same pokemon files since I believe 2013 back when the server first opened up.

What about the stuff I paid for?
  Everything you've paid for is still accessible on the Pixelmon Classic server. You will not lose anything, I am adding a new server not updating one.

Why did this take so long?
  Busy life with not much help.

Whats different about this server?
  It's updated to version 5.0.1, which is currently outdated but still offers a lot of new features. Once I have the server launched, I'll begin updating to a more recent version. There should not be another reset for the updates, however they are going to be focusing on updating the mod to minecraft 1.11.2 once sponge offers a stable/mature solution for plugins. So I don't know the effects that'll have on updating.

Will the servers have the same ranks?
  No, the servers will have similar rank names but will not share ranks. I may add ranks to the new pixelmon server that requires x ammount of uptime/join date on Pixelmon Classic (Like a Pixelmon Veteran rank - still undecided)

What about forum ranks?
  We may shrink down the forum ranks to just be something simple such as Pixelmon Fire (Replaces Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard), Pixelmon Water and Pixelmon Leaf or something along those lines.
Overall this has been quite a learning experience for me and I hope to continue to learn.

Nubbun

Is it possible to add a timer/countdown when you're 100% ready to release it? Would be more hype to have people join around same time :D

\(◎o◎)/

IiRr22Bb

THIS IS SO COOL, I'll try come soon.

theP

Quote from: magl on Jul 04, 2017, 06:32 AMIs it possible to add a timer/countdown when you're 100% ready to release it? Would be more hype to have people join around same time :D

^^^^
Just make sure You Release it on a Weekend so i can be around for the Hype ;3

Towelie

Quote from: magl on Jul 04, 2017, 06:32 AMIs it possible to add a timer/countdown when you're 100% ready to release it? Would be more hype to have people join around same time :D
This is a deadline, not a release date. Meaning it will be released by July 20th (or sooner, depending on various factors).

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 04, 2017, 02:16 PM
This is a deadline, not a release date. Meaning it will be released by July 20th (or sooner, depending on various factors).
Yeah I know what the post meant but like when he's ready to release it (weather it's before July 20th or not) then give it like 3days heads up so players can join the second it's an option (instead of checking forum every now and then to see if it's released)

\(◎o◎)/

GoldenDruid76

So since I donated for a Legendary on the current one, that will only be on the Pixelmon Classic one and won't carry over? And also, would we have to re-get the ranks like Gym Leader?
Not saying I'm necessarily disappointed if the answer is no, just wondering  :gold:
Just a person. Nothing to see here.

Towelie

Quote from: GoldenDruid76 on Jul 05, 2017, 12:01 AMSo since I donated for a Legendary on the current one, that will only be on the Pixelmon Classic one and won't carry over? And also, would we have to re-get the ranks like Gym Leader?
Not saying I'm necessarily disappointed if the answer is no, just wondering  :gold:
Nothing will carry over as this is a new server. The old server will still be there, it will just be re-branded Pixelmon Classic, so you'll still have everything on the Pixelmon Classic server

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Hassan Abbas shah

Towelie

Quote from: Hassan Abbas shah on Jul 05, 2017, 09:07 AMI want to be Jmod
I'm afraid that's not how it works. We choose you if we think you are qualified.

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 05, 2017, 10:31 AM
I'm afraid that's not how it works. We choose you if we think you are qualified.
I want to be loved

\(◎o◎)/

Kiannaa

I'm pretty sure he meant for the pocket server since that's the only place where I've seen him around. The link is here @Hassan Abbas shah (https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,177528.0.html). Good Luck if you apply Sub :P

theP

Quote from: magl on Jul 05, 2017, 10:35 AMI want to be loved

I'm afraid that's not how it works. We choose you if we think you are qualified to be loved. :3

Nubbun

Quote from: theP on Jul 05, 2017, 11:32 AM

I'm afraid that's not how it works. We choose you if we think you are qualified to be loved. :3
3:<   I want to be qualified to be loved >:3

\(◎o◎)/

theP

Quote from: magl on Jul 05, 2017, 11:37 AM

3:<   I want to be qualified to be loved >:3

Letting us Know that You want to be loved reduces your chances. Please refrain from doing so in the future and instead try to be a lovley magl to qualify.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: theP on Jul 05, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote from: magl on Jul 05, 2017, 11:37 AM

3:<   I want to be qualified to be loved >:3

Letting us Know that You want to be loved reduces your chances. Please refrain from doing so in the future and instead try to be a lovley magl to qualify.

you'll also need at LEAST 150 hours of uptime to be considered

hi735

Quote from: magl on Jul 05, 2017, 10:35 AM
I want to be loved

I'll love you if you give me champ >:3. Also Hell yes it's coming.

soulio

This was the first thing I saw on forums, and I immediately clicked on it, I'm excited for this new release, hopefully I'll be around for it since July is a busy month for me!
Don't worry about it!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iLaxrv10

Glad to have been part of this process, cant wait for the release!!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

AmusingThrone

I just want to give a major shout out to Dpa and Tow for making this happen. Sponge is definitely a unique platform, and it took me a while to get used to it, so major props to both of you!

Towelie

Quote from: AmusingThrone on Jul 06, 2017, 04:59 PMI just want to give a major shout out to Dpa and Tow for making this happen. Sponge is definitely a unique platform, and it took me a while to get used to it, so major props to both of you!
100% dpa I'm afraid. All I've done is to bug him about it, asking for progress xd

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 06, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote from: AmusingThrone on Jul 06, 2017, 04:59 PMI just want to give a major shout out to Dpa and Tow for making this happen. Sponge is definitely a unique platform, and it took me a while to get used to it, so major props to both of you!
100% dpa I'm afraid. All I've done is to bug him about it, asking for progress xd
so the nagging house wife? xD

stormshooter

Nubbun

@Dpa1991 plz? <3

\(◎o◎)/

iLaxrv10

@Dpa1991 maybe to Pixelmon Grass, Pixelmon Fire, Pixelmon Water and Pixelmon Veteran (for those who have gained access to the Pixelmon Classic server)?
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner