Mar 28, 2024, 11:15 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

How to make Factions better

Started by rooster702, May 07, 2020, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster702

May 07, 2020, 06:03 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:43 PM by rooster702
The Factions server has decreased in size to the point where there are only 5 factions that still plays. So these are some suggestions I have to make the server have a longer run.

1) Remove The dynmap or at least remove players and claims. This will make players have to go find a base and determine how to raid it there. Also, there might be more pvp during a raid since people won't know that an enemy faction is coming to raid them because I don't think there have been any big raids where there were people online trying to defend.

2) Reset and decrease map size. Decreasing the map size to work with the removal of the dynmap will work together to make pvp more common without a map. Resetting a map is self explanatory.

3) Make faction sizes smaller. Since there are only 5 main factions that played the past few days, making the faction size 8-10 players will make more factions and more bases to go for.

4) Monthly map resets. With this suggestion I'd say maybe amplifying the world in some resets.

EDIT: Maybe add a bounty plugin and a high enough bounty could put someone on the map or give coords of that person. Thought it was a cool idea.

Just suggestions, but where the server is at now no one is really going to want to play on it.

AtomicPulse

Quote from: rooster702 on May 07, 2020, 06:03 PMEDIT: Maybe add a bounty plugin

There is already a bounty plugin.

/bounty <name> <prize>
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

rooster702

Quote from: AtomicPulse on May 07, 2020, 07:21 PM
Quote from: rooster702 on May 07, 2020, 06:03 PMEDIT: Maybe add a bounty plugin

There is already a bounty plugin.

/bounty <name> <prize>
Yeah I know, but like something to where you pay like 500k emp to broadcast coordinates of a player for an hour or something for example. I think it would be pretty neat to see something like that.

BluetigerESW

All of these things are already being considered for season 2! :D
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

noobtube59

Make the base rules like OG factions was, it was so much easier to raid back then and it was actually fun to go raid. All we see now is one faction flaming another for not being able to cannon into their base. This literally never happened in OG factions.

badbrad01

Quote from: noobtube59 on May 07, 2020, 10:56 PMMake the base rules like OG factions was, it was so much easier to raid back then and it was actually fun to go raid. All we see now is one faction flaming another for not being able to cannon into their base. This literally never happened in OG factions.

look how to build good cannons and youll get in like sand cannons are easy to make
Made By Miricx

jasper_Fritz

Quote from: rooster702 on May 07, 2020, 06:03 PMThe Factions server has decreased in size to the point where there are only 5 factions that still plays. So these are some suggestions I have to make the server have a longer run.

1) Remove The dynmap or at least remove players and claims. This will make players have to go find a base and determine how to raid it there. Also, there might be more pvp during a raid since people won't know that an enemy faction is coming to raid them because I don't think there have been any big raids where there were people online trying to defend.

2) Reset and decrease map size. Decreasing the map size to work with the removal of the dynmap will work together to make pvp more common without a map. Resetting a map is self explanatory.

3) Make faction sizes smaller. Since there are only 5 main factions that played the past few days, making the faction size 8-10 players will make more factions and more bases to go for.

4) Monthly map resets. With this suggestion I'd say maybe amplifying the world in some resets.

EDIT: Maybe add a bounty plugin and a high enough bounty could put someone on the map or give coords of that person. Thought it was a cool idea.

Just suggestions, but where the server is at now no one is really going to want to play on it.

Coords give for bounty sounds good and actually quite smart.
Just pay 100K to know where this guy is!
welcome to the new world order!