[Survival] Introducing Legend 1-5

Started by Towelie, Jul 24, 2016, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 24, 2016, 12:11 PM Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 02:00 PM by Towelie
As suggested by @QuadKaiden|Yuggy  and as primarily "invented" by @Dpa1991  - The Legend rank will now be split into several ranks.

Requirements:
Legend -> 2 year old forum account and at least  1000h uptime on Survival
Legend2 -> 2 year old forum account and at least 1500h uptime on Survival
Legend3 -> 3 years old forum account and at least 2000h uptime on Survival
Legend4 -> 3 years old forum account and at least 3000h uptime on Survival
Legend5 -> 4 years old forum account and at least 3500h uptime on Survival

Apart from these, gaining each Legend rank would also require having no major bans in the last 12 months.

NOTE: There are no perks added to the new Legend ranks, but they may be added later on.
The ranks were not created yet, and are expected to be ready within 12hours. You may start applying for these ranks by replying in this topic for now. In the future, this will be done exclusively in-game, by request me.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

This is actually an amazing idea, can't wait to see all the different legends in game :D
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Zesty

Thanks Towelie! Just a quick question, that I'll refer to via pm :)
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 24, 2016, 12:11 PMbut they may be added later on
And by that I mean that we'll most certainly add some form of perks, just not this weekend.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

BattleAxium

I disagree with this. Seems completely unnecessary.

iLaxrv10

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 24, 2016, 12:14 PMI disagree with this. Seems completely unnecessary.
I don't mean to sound rude but, you keep complaining and complaining about what we have now but you hate it when changes are done...
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

stormshooter

I like the idea but I think the hours are too much xd

omelott

Jul 24, 2016, 12:16 PM #7 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 02:24 PM by omelott
This is a great idea. Hopefully there will be no more complaining about the "rareness" of legend. :)

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 24, 2016, 12:16 PMI like the idea but I think the hours are too much xd
They seem fine imo. Older players should be expected to have more uptime.

BattleAxium

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jul 24, 2016, 12:15 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 24, 2016, 12:14 PMI disagree with this. Seems completely unnecessary.
I don't mean to sound rude but, you keep complaining and complaining about what we have now but you hate it when changes are done...

It just doesn't seem necessary to split up the rank. No one will meet most of those requirements. Sorry, if I don't agree with every change made in this community.

Zesty

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 24, 2016, 12:16 PMI like the idea but I think the hours are too much xd

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 24, 2016, 11:07 AMWho cares? The Legend rank isn't rare or legendary anymore. Soon enough it'll turn into the veteran or elite ranks.

This is why there needs to be so many hours in between rankups.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

stormshooter

Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Jul 24, 2016, 12:18 PM

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 24, 2016, 11:07 AMWho cares? The Legend rank isn't rare or legendary anymore. Soon enough it'll turn into the veteran or elite ranks.

There's not many people with forum accounts that old too, so I don't see why the requirement of hours is so large.

camster65

Meanwhile on another post in a foreign land

says its easy and pointless then says why add more

BattleAxium

Quote from: camster65 on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 PM

Meanwhile on another post in a foreign land

says its easy and pointless then says why add more

I never asked for this change. Note, the part where I said "Who cares?". I thought the legend rank was something given as being honorable not by just meeting an up-time requirement.

Towelie

Please don't turn this into drama. This change was made to give players higher ranks to aspire too. Current Legends will lose absolutely nothing.

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Jul 24, 2016, 12:18 PM

There's not many people with forum accounts that old too, so I don't see why the requirement of hours is so large.
That's what people said when I introduced legend. And look how many legends we have now xD

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 24, 2016, 12:28 PMPlease don't turn this into drama. This change was made to give players higher ranks to aspire too. Current Legends will lose absolutely nothing.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 24, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 24, 2016, 12:28 PMPlease don't turn this into drama. This change was made to give players higher ranks to aspire too. Current Legends will lose absolutely nothing.

BattleAxium

Killer keemstar bringing you into the news..

Chous

4000 hours for 4+ years.... wow.... that's expecting players to have played 11% of their last 4 years of their life playing minecraft on sft.... glad I don't meet that hour requirement.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jul 24, 2016, 01:27 PM4000 hours for 4+ years.... wow.... that's expecting players to have played 11% of their last 4 years of their life playing minecraft on sft.... glad I don't meet that hour requirement.
Specifically, SFT survival minecraft. This doesn't include modpack or minigame servers.

Towelie

Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jul 24, 2016, 01:27 PM4000 hours for 4+ years.... wow.... that's expecting players to have played 11% of their last 4 years of their life playing minecraft on sft.... glad I don't meet that hour requirement.
It's not 4000h for the last 4 years, it's 4000h and 4 years forum account. You could have a 10 year forum account.
And these ranks were just made so there is a progression ladder, I don't expect anyone having Legend5 pretty soon.

Lucy_23x

I like the idea, but, "Legend1, Legend2, Legend3....etc" see,s a little, idk, boring an uninventive xP
Maybe something like, HonourLegend, WarriorLegend, idk

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

MrC0W

ON BEHALF OF GARYWB.

Legend2.

Forum account since 2014, 6607 hours on survival.

Darren64_NY

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jul 24, 2016, 02:51 PMI like the idea, but, "Legend1, Legend2, Legend3....etc" see,s a little, idk, boring an uninventive xP
Maybe something like, HonourLegend, WarriorLegend, idk
Too spammy.

nuggetzor150

I think this is a good idea to give people something to aspire to reach, especially since there are so many Legends now and so many people give so many hours to the server. However, I do agree with Lucy in that I think the names are a little unoriginal, and they could be tweaked a little. maybe have the same colour scheme as the original Legend rank, but different titles equivalent to Legend? Maybe those ideas such as WarriorLegend, but that seems a bit too long in-game in my opinion. I can give some suggestions for other Legend1-5 ranks later if I think about it enough.