Mar 28, 2024, 03:31 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] TempMod / TempJMod explanation

Started by Towelie, Nov 07, 2015, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Lately you may have seen the TempMod rank in-game - or players with that rank.
I'd like to clarify a few things:

How the rank is awarded
- I award this rank to former staff members (either from Survival or from other SFT servers , ONLY IF SERVER IS STAFFLESS).
- If the person comes from other SFT Servers, I ask a Manager to give them a quick refresher on Mod work if they get promoted to TempMod
- The TempMod rank is actually Mod with a prefix named TempMod
- The rank is given for a period no longer than 24h
- The rank is given as a last resort, only after trying to get staff through normal channels
- The rank is not given to players that are banned from staff.
- It's given only by me and only to persons I deem worthy
- Think of this as a last resort, when players need help and there is no staff which can come online.

How this rank is lost
- Automatically after a period no longer than 24h (preferably when normal staff are online)

But what if a TempMod steals from me?
- We track TempMod's activities so we can easily trace and find out if a TempMod addem themselves to a proetction they shouldn't be on or opened a chest they shouldn't have.

Thank you!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

UrbanmineR

â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€â–'â–ˆ   â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'█▀▀▀█
â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀   â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀ â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀
â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€  â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 07, 2015, 01:18 PMI ask a Manager to give them a quick refresher on Mod work if they get promoted to TempMod.
I didnt get this >:c
Also Tow, there's a slight problem with Temp mod since when they have to leave they can't call for more staff, any fix for it?

Towelie

Quote from: stormshooter123 on Nov 07, 2015, 01:54 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Nov 07, 2015, 01:18 PMI ask a Manager to give them a quick refresher on Mod work if they get promoted to TempMod.
I didnt get this >:c
Also Tow, there's a slight problem with Temp mod since when they have to leave they can't call for more staff, any fix for it?
Nope.
But having a TempMod on even for 10 min is still an improvement over having nothing.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

panda_bear25

hey this is panda_Bear25 I play superfuntime obiviosly I would like the be temp mod

pothnozz

Quote from: panda_bear25 on Nov 07, 2015, 03:16 PMhey this is panda_Bear25 I play superfuntime obiviosly I would like the be temp mod
+rep

Towelie

Quote from: panda_bear25 on Nov 07, 2015, 03:16 PMhey this is panda_Bear25 I play superfuntime obiviosly I would like the be temp mod
You're either stupid or making fun.
Either way ;) good job!

Quote from: Towelie- I award this rank to former staff members (either from Survival or from other SFT servers , ONLY IF SERVER IS STAFFLESS).

TheNoHeadedGuy

So Even Though I'm A Staff Does this Count For The PE Sever

Brightpkz

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

xQuicScopex

Quote from: TheNoHeadedGuy on Nov 07, 2015, 04:48 PMSo Even Though I'm A Staff Does this Count For The PE Sever

no at this time we have enough staff throughout the 24 hours to cover what we need if it becomes something we do add to pe it will be mobile and saywhats decion on who, but then again i was a tempmod for survival and im only staff on pe so depending rank and server you could get this if youre needed on other servers for sft

Dogggeh

Or just have staff who can get online when other staff cant? c:

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Dogggeh on Nov 07, 2015, 11:45 PMOr just have staff who can get online when other staff cant? c:

If the server is staffless that means nobody can get on xd, thats the whole reason why there are TempMods and TempJMods ^-^
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

shadowaurax

I like this idea. Any chance that we'll see this coming to Pixelmon as well?

Dogggeh

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Nov 08, 2015, 12:17 AM
Quote from: Dogggeh on Nov 07, 2015, 11:45 PMOr just have staff who can get online when other staff cant? c:

If the server is staffless that means nobody can get on xd, thats the whole reason why there are TempMods and TempJMods ^-^

I'll say it so you can understand, Maybe promote some staff who play when the server is normally staffless so the server won't be staffless.

DuaneandBrand0

If you ever need me, beep me. I can get on at random times xdd

Brightpkz

Quote from: Dogggeh on Nov 08, 2015, 01:50 AM

I'll say it so you can understand, Maybe promote some staff who play when the server is normally staffless so the server won't be staffless.

That's harder than just getting former staff to staff the server. Finding new staff who play in the deadzone is hard, besides, it's quite unfair for that particular staff member, because he has to play during the deadzone, and has to do work alone.

Cireshie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Nov 08, 2015, 03:05 AM

That's harder than just getting former staff to staff the server. Finding new staff who play in the deadzone is hard, besides, it's quite unfair for that particular staff member, because he has to play during the deadzone, and has to do work alone.
In the end, promoting a new staff seems to be more helpful and less work overall instead of having to promote each temp staff for a short time. Also, they wouldn't be limited to only the deadzone and I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of work to be done in deadzone, just enough to need a staff.

iLaxrv10

Oh XD +1 for Dogggeh
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Sparkle_Sun

We cannot find players to promote in the deadzone, that's the entire problem.

xQuicScopex

Brightpkz

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Nov 08, 2015, 05:51 AMWe cannot find players to promote in the deadzone, that's the entire problem.

I get this, but... If there are former staff online during these times, why would they want to TempStaff if they don't even want staff. What could they get out of this. Sure, the workload is less, but it's still gonna be a few hours here and there.

Kaninka

Quote from: Brightpkz on Nov 08, 2015, 08:11 AM
Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Nov 08, 2015, 05:51 AMWe cannot find players to promote in the deadzone, that's the entire problem.

I get this, but... If there are former staff online during these times, why would they want to TempStaff if they don't even want staff. What could they get out of this. Sure, the workload is less, but it's still gonna be a few hours here and there.

We don't force them, you know that right?  :zombie:

Brightpkz

Quote from: Kaninka on Nov 08, 2015, 12:05 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Nov 08, 2015, 08:11 AM

We don't force them, you know that right?  :zombie:

Lol I get that. Likewise, you don't force players to become staff either. The thing is, what makes TempStaff more attractive than returning to staff as a whole.... I'm not saying that this isn't a voluntary service. In fact, how did it even get there, I'm asking why would they choose this over normal staff if the workload is still a couple of hours, when normal staff only takes 7 hours.

Kaninka

Some people just don't got the time or lust to be Staff, which is fair.
But if we really need Staff, and if they want to do us a favour, that is what this is.
If you don't want it, we won't force you Bright!

Towelie asks them, they can say no, and they can say yes.
I don't understand what your point is Bright, just accept that this is happening and some people want to do it!  :zombie: