Mar 28, 2024, 06:43 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

The state of SFT

Started by Towelie, Dec 06, 2018, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Dec 06, 2018, 01:23 PM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2018, 04:35 PM by Dday694
I like to write such a post at least once a year.
Let's discuss about the state of SFT, future plans and ambitions:

Survival:
- Survival continues to maintain steady (albeit at a low number of players). I have tasked @TheStarNomad✯ with finding cool stuff (donator perks / fun plugins / plugins that add core gameplay) and generally, I'd say that while we aren't peachy, we are floating around. When the summer comes, I have no doubt, we will see a big bump of players.
- I have plans to add a new world when 1.14 releases (I am delaying that for then, specifically so we can have the 1.14 new features / mobs / etc)
- Staff crysis averted. We had a staff crysis a few months ago, I am glad to say that has improved and is still improving.

Pixelmon:
- Link to Topic on current situation here (Link)

B-Team:
- There are plans to decomission B-Team, as everyone seems to have migrated to The 1.7.10 Pack anyway, and it's just a huge resource hog at the moment. Look out for a decomission announcement soon. We are pretty decided to do this, so unless a really strong reason comes against this, or unless someone offers to pay the bills to keep it up (no reason if you ask me, since it's empty all the time)

The 1.7.10 Pack:
- Since there are players and it's liked by people, it will stay. There are plans to develop the premium shop and add more to it. @xQuicScopex✪  can give more details

PE:
- After discussing with @BluetigerESW and @xQuicScopex✪ (mainly @xQuicScopex✪ ), we have decided that we should not decomission PE quite yet. While it's currently as good as dead, that's because of an update that crippled all our plugins, and we currently lack the resources to fix everything. If you are extremely good at PHP and want to help, contact @xQuicScopex✪ . Please note that the discord integration will be broken by the update, and we do not know if we will be able to fix it.

Creative:
- While it's not very popular, there are no plans to decomission it due to the very low resources it consumes.

SHC:
- Currently it is open to the public and whether it will remain or not, depends only on its popularity

- @fearthe1337 is working on moving the website from its dedicated server, to a vm. This move is expected to be completed within 3 months (due to some complications with the new forum version we are trying to update to requiring PHP7 and the website not being PHP7 ready). Once this is complete, it will mean a cost reduction of ~$50 / mo. This has already been shared with our Patrons as an exclusive story, if you want to help SFT and get awesome perks, and get the latest scoop on what's happening, think about becoming our Patron https://www.patreon.com/sftmedia

Discord:
- As you may have seen, Discord is managed by Loasty and Nubbun. They are doing a great job running the server, so you can expect to see discord events from now on. Perhaps even the creation of a Discord EventHost team who's sole responsibility will be to host events.

Overall:
- The overall focus is currently self preservation. We are doing everything we can to reduce costs and make SFT viable for long term (we are almost there). So you can rest assured, as long as there are players on our servers / visitors on our website / members on our discord, SFT will be here.
- However, we are still keeping track on new games being released, seing what we could move to, and Dpa is working on reviving Pix (he can comment more on that)

Happy Holidays!

PS: Super Fun Time is only a thing any more because of Patreon. Become a Patron today for as low as $5 / mo and get awesome and unique perks and rewards https://www.patreon.com/sftmedia
I would like to thank our existing patrons very much <3
You guys are awesome and the reason we are still alive.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Miricx

Thanks for the update.

As I've stated before, I'm well more than available (currently more than ever since my firm is closing down and in the end of the year if I haven't found anything else, I'll be unemployed) for any missions on the "entertainment" apartment, if there are any old projects or new projects I've worked on before that you want me to revive or create. I'm very dedicated to keep this community alive til the end of my days here. You know my capabilities and what I can do.

Hit me up on Discord

SpiritDance

YAY another great year can't wait to see what the future holes for SFT

MonsterSponge

Please put survival classic back up for at least a short time so I can rebuild some of my old build in singleplayer.
3 Year Veteran of SuperFunTime

Subscribe to my YouTube where I post SFT videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4mnSIDUuIk1jTLkfuiT7GA

Towelie

Quote from: MonsterSponge on Dec 07, 2018, 01:20 AMPlease put survival classic back up for at least a short time so I can rebuild some of my old build in singleplayer.
SurvivalClassic is back for a while. It is no longer part of the Bungee network, so connect to it via mc.superfuntime.org:25570

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

George

I mean I am actualy supposed to care but I can't run Technic lol
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!