Mar 28, 2024, 06:09 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

New B-Team Rank plugin

Started by copen6199, Aug 01, 2015, 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copen6199

Aug 01, 2015, 02:49 PM Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 02:53 PM by copen6199
Saywhat and my self have just finished adding and testing a new rank up plugin in stead of using a forum post to request ranks. In game you can use commands to rank up with your current up time and an emp price. I have set the emp prices to what i think is a fair price for each rank.

Commands

/ranks - Shows a list of available ranks, the rank you need to have and the price of the rank
/rankup <rankname> - Ranks you up to that rank and charges your account ( if you have the uptime and emp)

Im giving every one the opportunity to voice there opinion of how much each rank should be as this is our home and not just mine. Please use the code below.

[b][color=yellow]Member[/color][/b]
[b]Suggested Price[/b]:
[b][color=orange]Geologist[/color] [/b]
[b]Suggested Price [/b]:
[b][color=limegreen]Biologist[/color][/b]
[b]Suggested Price[/b]
[b][color=teal]Physicist[/color][/b]
[b] Suggested Price[/b]:

Current prices are :

Member - 24 hours - 1000emp
Geologist - 100 hours - 250,000emp
Biologist - 200 hours - 500,000emp
Physicist - 400 Hours - 1,000,000emp

I think these prices are fair as it gives players some thing to work for instead of just getting it for free.

cjsim2player

Suggested Price:5,000 emp
Geologist
Suggested Price :500,000
Biologist
Suggested Price1,000,000
Physicist
Suggested Price:2,500,000

Emp is very easy to get in my opinion. If you have it set too low then I believe it will be too fast to rank up.

ironman3000

1 mil is easy to get on B-Team up the price of physicist to 2-4 mil so it's a challenge

Chops96

Suggested Price: 10,000 EMP
Geologist
Suggested Price : 50,000 EMP
Biologist
Suggested Price 150,000 EMP
Physicist
Suggested Price: 500,000 EMP

There are very easy ways to make a fortune on b-team, but they aren't utilized that often by players. Even when the lucrative options are made, people spend their money in other places. It's much more about having items than having money. A rich person can have 10,000 EMP, but a ton of charged energy conduits.

I think 500,000 EMP for physicist is a pretty solid reach for the majority of players.

Also, it was a common problem on the tekkit server for someone to rank up to member then try the rank up command again and have their money taken away.  Would there be any check for the plugin to make sure you can't do that?

MobileHome18

Quote from: ironman3000 on Aug 01, 2015, 02:59 PM1 mil is easy to get on B-Team up the price of physicist to 2-4 mil so it's a challenge

Chops96

Quote from: MobileHome18 on Aug 01, 2015, 05:24 PM
Quote from: ironman3000 on Aug 01, 2015, 02:59 PM1 mil is easy to get on B-Team up the price of physicist to 2-4 mil so it's a challenge

1 million would be quite a reach. 2-4 million wouldn't be feasible. There are so many mods in this pack that are fun, but don't lead the player to money. By making the prices so high you are making the main focus in the players' mind to make money instead of have fun.

Who's going to continue working on a Dino theme park when someone else is taking advantage of all of the expensive ore possibilities around the nether.

Another problem with having people focused so much on money is the slow failure of the economy. This happened in tekkit as well. Though tekkit had the equivalent exchange mod to help speed up the deterioration of the economy, it would just happen at a slower rate here.

The server wouldn't be as full of witches fighting each other or dinosaur parks, but rather a bunch of get rich quick ideas.

I do like the idea of having to work for the rank instead of just staying online. It will inspire people to work on their own and become self sufficient, but I don't think it needs to become that much of a reach.

copen6199

Quote from: xx_chips_xx on Aug 01, 2015, 06:10 PM

1 million would be quite a reach. 2-4 million wouldn't be feasible. There are so many mods in this pack that are fun, but don't lead the player to money. By making the prices so high you are making the main focus in the players' mind to make money instead of have fun.

Who's going to continue working on a Dino theme park when someone else is taking advantage of all of the expensive ore possibilities around the nether.

Another problem with having people focused so much on money is the slow failure of the economy. This happened in tekkit as well. Though tekkit had the equivalent exchange mod to help speed up the deterioration of the economy, it would just happen at a slower rate here.

The server wouldn't be as full of witches fighting each other or dinosaur parks, but rather a bunch of get rich quick ideas.

I do like the idea of having to work for the rank instead of just staying online. It will inspire people to work on their own and become self sufficient, but I don't think it needs to become that much of a reach.

You didnt suggest your prices

Chops96

Quote from: copen6199 on Aug 02, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote from: xx_chips_xx on Aug 01, 2015, 06:10 PM

You didnt suggest your prices

I did a few posts above, but I've had a change of idea.

Suggested Price: 10,000 EMP
Geologist
Suggested Price : 185,000 EMP
Biologist
Suggested Price 375,000 EMP
Physicist
Suggested Price: 750,000 EMP

With this rank up price list, it's based off of a proportion of money to hours played (except for ranking up to member, that's basically just a given). This still makes people work for their money, but it doesn't make it impossible for them.

I'm sure if there was some way to check out the median worth of each player, excluding manager+, you would see that it is still quite a bit away from the 750,000 EMP price.  If it is a lot closer to 750,000 EMP than I thought, you can still raise the price and change the proportion and get a nice balance between the ranks.

copen6199

Im going to let this run a little while longer and then i do will do some editing to prices.

Brightpkz

Perhaps you'd think that as a mainly Survival player, I shouldn't be able to say much... But... Having former experience in bTeam, I personally think the prices Copen proposed to be more "achievable"... Here's why:

Member's 1k price:

As a member, you only need to play for 24 hours to achieve said rank. Due to the playtime being so little, the expected price should be really low, and in fact, it should be manageable, even since Guests join (because they get 5k EMP). Therefore, 1k price would be reasonable, for the guest to invest 1k on better sets of kits and a rank, and the remaining 4k on getting into the server. i.e. starting cobble factories, etc.

The rest of the ranks:

As a geologist, you're gonna need 100 hours. If you spend your time wisely, and invest on profitable stuff like factories, energy factories, etc. You should be doing way better than just 250k. In fact, you should be really rich by now... Back when I actually played bTeam, as a staff/player, in under 100 hours, I've got pretty much everything all set, and when I reached 200, I've basically completed everything and started building on "extras" like computers to go through chests, automatic TC, berry farms, etc. <- As explained, the high price in my opinion is justified... Even if we were to talk about survival... There's rarely a single Veteran with under 500k. And most Elites have more than 1mil or 2. In fact, bTeam should be even more profitable than in Survival. Hence, personally, for me, the price is very fair.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

iLaxrv10

Suggested Price: 5,000 EMP
Geologist
Suggested Price : 150,000 EMP
Biologist
Suggested Price 500,000 EMP
Physicist
Suggested Price: 1,500,000 EMP

This way, we are in the middle of 1 Mill and 2 Mill for Physicist :P
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

copen6199

Quote from: Brightpkz on Aug 05, 2015, 05:33 PMPerhaps you'd think that as a mainly Survival player, I shouldn't be able to say much... But... Having former experience in bTeam, I personally think the prices Copen proposed to be more "achievable"... Here's why:

Member's 1k price:

As a member, you only need to play for 24 hours to achieve said rank. Due to the playtime being so little, the expected price should be really low, and in fact, it should be manageable, even since Guests join (because they get 5k EMP). Therefore, 1k price would be reasonable, for the guest to invest 1k on better sets of kits and a rank, and the remaining 4k on getting into the server. i.e. starting cobble factories, etc.

The rest of the ranks:

As a geologist, you're gonna need 100 hours. If you spend your time wisely, and invest on profitable stuff like factories, energy factories, etc. You should be doing way better than just 250k. In fact, you should be really rich by now... Back when I actually played bTeam, as a staff/player, in under 100 hours, I've got pretty much everything all set, and when I reached 200, I've basically completed everything and started building on "extras" like computers to go through chests, automatic TC, berry farms, etc. <- As explained, the high price in my opinion is justified... Even if we were to talk about survival... There's rarely a single Veteran with under 500k. And most Elites have more than 1mil or 2. In fact, bTeam should be even more profitable than in Survival. Hence, personally, for me, the price is very fair.

Good post, strongly agreed