Mar 29, 2024, 08:45 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Pixelmon] Reset questions

Started by Dpa1991, Feb 04, 2017, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Feb 04, 2017, 02:39 PM Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 02:45 PM by Dpa1991
So the biggest thing holding me back from resetting & updating the Pixelmon modpack is one of two things. (besides the modpack/server not being ready)

Donations.

I'm not sure how to handle this, say I let every player keep 6 pokemon (their party) and 6 of those happen to be donated pokemon. Now that player can claim their donations and bam - they now have 2x of their legends and the server economy is off to a horrible start.

Ranks & Permissions.

Since we will be updating to a new pixelmon version (And Minecraft) we will be using an entirely new server wrapper. This means none of our back-end plugins will work on the new server. So we have to use a whole new permissions plugin, unfortunately this means I can't import each users existing permissions/rank so everyone will have to start at Zubat.

Modpack performance

It's been brought to my attention that a lot of you guys play minecraft on glorified toasters. So quite a lot of you will have issues running the updated modpack, so that means updating will cut a lot of you guys from being able to play.

Possible solutions?

Well, what I've wanted to do from day 1 was run two servers - the current one will be kept as a legacy server, and the new one will be updated and treated as our main priority.

DylbertDangle

I mean trade history is a thing if there is that much a concern xd. Also would supporter ranks be able to pick a legend again a (was a question that a few players had of me and I wasn't able to provide an answer).

Dpa1991

Trade history has nothing to do with what I said.

If I allow everyone to keep 6 pokemon, they can still claim their donations -- claiming copies of their existing pokemon.

This will set the new economy up for failure as on the first day there will be loads of ev trained pokemon and loads of legendaries.

DeltaCosmic

Feb 04, 2017, 03:43 PM #3 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 03:47 PM by DeltaCosmic
Legacy Server Reset- Bring over 6 pokemon however, They cannot reclaim the donations of pokemon and Items, If they have a problem with this, tell them these things happen, they bought pokemon and items which will/could of been lost to the world, Items break and pokemon are sold and kept as trophies(I am one of these)

I'm sure perms can remain the same.

also, with legacy, adding some things every once in awhile till it dies off couldn't hurt, After everything updates, I am one of those people stuck, and can then help with legacy.

With the New Pix, I think enough has been said for that

If people whine and complain about this

"You paid for a temporary installment to change the look and feel of your experience, Be mindful of that "Temporary" Only lasts so long"

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

ASquattingDog

What about donated commands that i bought permanently like /fly

DeltaCosmic

Quote from: ASquattingDog on Feb 04, 2017, 03:55 PMWhat about donated commands that i bought permanently like /fly
Whatever Eula has to say about that, If you bought it before the rule was "enforced" then your fine, I assume since this is a different sever(Reset/Update), those aren't allowed carry over.
However, Commands we CAN give will remain.(Or will just not)

@Dpa1991 will have to be the one to say whether or whether not whats happening with this.

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

stormshooter

I think a fresh start would do everyone good. As for donations, if you really care about the server you donate to help it rather then for your own benefit. Most mc / pixelmon servers don't even last this long so I'm sure most people got a lot of use out of their donations anyway.

Chocobo123456

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 04, 2017, 04:00 PMI think a fresh start would do everyone good. As for donations, if you really care about the server you donate to help it rather then for your own benefit. Most mc / pixelmon servers don't even last this long so I'm sure most people got a lot of use out of their donations anyway.

I agree to this tera a lot ^_^ Kinda what i was thinking

Nubbun

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 04, 2017, 04:00 PMI think a fresh start would do everyone good. As for donations, if you really care about the server you donate to help it rather then for your own benefit. Most mc / pixelmon servers don't even last this long so I'm sure most people got a lot of use out of their donations anyway.
Just gonna throw out that sure you can care about the server but I would be pretty salty about using god knows how many dollars on things that I genuinely liked to get them removed with the reply "at least you helped the server"
(Talking like going above $500 just because caring)

Just my opinion (:

\(◎o◎)/

onionboys

just wipe this whole bad boy lets start over

iLaxrv10

I think that the 6 pokemon we allow to bring over cannot be donation pokemon (you can only get those back via redemption) and only be allowed two legendaries and two shinies or so
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Nubbun

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Feb 04, 2017, 06:24 PMI think that the 6 pokemon we allow to bring over cannot be donation pokemon (you can only get those back via redemption) and only be allowed two legendaries and two shinies or so
How should they check if the Pokémon are donation or not? Peops could just go "nah I won it from an event" or something

\(◎o◎)/

stormshooter

Quote from: magl on Feb 04, 2017, 05:04 PM
Just gonna throw out that sure you can care about the server but I would be pretty salty about using god knows how many dollars on things that I genuinely liked to get them removed with the reply "at least you helped the server"

Just my opinion (:
Yea I understand that which is why I was slightly hesitant to posting my comment, however the majority of people who have spent that much money, like yourself, are quite old players and therefore have got their money worth by playing for that amount of time with extra pokes, perks etc which they bought.

+ If the legacy server is kept then I assume people will keep their current perms and pokes.

Nubbun

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 04, 2017, 06:42 PM

Just my opinion (:
Yea I understand that which is why I was slightly hesitant to posting my comment, however the majority of people who have spent that much money, like yourself, are quite old players and therefore have got their money worth by playing for that amount of time with extra pokes, perks etc which they bought.

+ If the legacy server is kept then I assume people will keep their current perms and pokes.
Keyword "majority" or nah?

But yeah keeping it on legacy if possible would fix it

\(◎o◎)/

pwnswords

I agree with tera even though I know what magl is talking about.  I am in the same boat as magl but I feel like its time for an entirely fresh start.
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

blalp

Quote from: magl on Feb 04, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Feb 04, 2017, 06:24 PMI think that the 6 pokemon we allow to bring over cannot be donation pokemon (you can only get those back via redemption) and only be allowed two legendaries and two shinies or so
How should they check if the Pokémon are donation or not? Peops could just go "nah I won it from an event" or something
or, just allow any pokemon for the 6, but don't allow previous donations for pokemon to be redeemed. Like Delta said.
Quote from: DeltaCosmic on Feb 04, 2017, 03:43 PMLegacy Server Reset- Bring over 6 pokemon however, They cannot reclaim the donations of pokemon and Items
Have a fantastic day!

Nubbun

Quote from: blalp on Feb 04, 2017, 07:04 PM
Quote from: magl on Feb 04, 2017, 06:37 PM
or, just allow any pokemon for the 6, but don't allow previous donations for pokemon to be redeemed. Like Delta said.
Quote from: DeltaCosmic on Feb 04, 2017, 03:43 PMLegacy Server Reset- Bring over 6 pokemon however, They cannot reclaim the donations of pokemon and Items

okay last one then i'll stop.
no mercy on players who "helped the server" and sold the donated pokemons for emp. yikes.

\(◎o◎)/

krankenstein20

I have a decent ish idea :) With the two servers idea have a legacy server and leave it and with the new server allow nothing to be brought over other than what has been donated for, so e.g. If I was to buy a zapdos ev train it and get it to level 100, in the new world it will be back to 70 so everything is wiped and after that EVERYTHING that has been donated for restored. The only problem I see is someone selling somthing in legacy but they then have it in the new server but that shouldn't be too much of a problem as the two can't connect

graven2603

aww pix is gonna suck without /fly #BestCommand

how about allowing people to screenshot their party and having someone approve/not approve the pokemon or at least limit what can be brought over ie 1 legend max or no perfect Ev/iv/ditto pokemon.

I for one would hate to lose my 2 shiny Sableyes and golurk And i know Mrs would hate to lose her pokemon she just bought.
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

theP

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Feb 04, 2017, 02:39 PMModpack performance

It's been brought to my attention that a lot of you guys play minecraft on glorified toasters. So quite a lot of you will have issues running the updated modpack, so that means updating will cut a lot of you guys from being able to play.

that toaster was expensive I gotta put it to good use xD

Quote from: TeraStorm on Feb 04, 2017, 06:42 PM

Just my opinion (:

^^ Agreeing with tera for once :3^^