Mar 28, 2024, 08:01 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Pixelmon] Need some input

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 14, 2017, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

So given the recent development with the Pixelmon mod, we are currently stuck on version 5.0.1 which means we will miss out on quite a few bug fixes & Mega evolutions. Currently we have two options.

Stay on version 5.0.1 with sidemods (GTS, Economy bridge and a few more that I havent tested yet on v5.1.2, but so far none work.) or update to version 5.1.2 and remove -all- side mods and run just pixelmon 5.1.2. Which do you think sounds best?

*Sidemods for pixelmon are mods that relate directly with Pixelmon, chisel for example is not a sidemod.

stormshooter

Can I just add in that only people who play / plan on playing pixelmon should give input

Also I'd say remove side mods, I think we can manage without as the main mod gives enough features anyway.

Tombo_

Chocobo123456

#RemoveSideMods

They dont add much change, tho the one thing ill miss is /ivs /evs and /hp

Rjlem13

I would say Remove side mods, as much as these are useful i believe people or at least me would prefer to be on 5.1.2 and find it a better experience

hi735

I'd say remove side mods for the above reasons

CallOfTheElements

Remove sidemods, if we have the only fully updates pixelmon server it wont matter. We have monopoly.

Dpa1991

Seems we are all on the same page, unfortunately this means we have to launch at 5.1.2 instead of 5.0.1 then 5.1.2 so I'll have to do some last minute changes and tests

Dday694

Quote from: Rjlem13 on Jul 15, 2017, 01:08 AMI would say Remove side mods, as much as these are useful i believe people or at least me would prefer to be on 5.1.2 and find it a better experience

You have to remember that sometimes newer is not always the better experience

we might have the ability to have the newest things, but we might also have to deal with more bugs and issues.

(after all with all the bugs and corruption errors it took to get to just this version, who knows how many more we will have to face to get it to 5.1.2)

Rjlem13

Quote from: Dday694 on Jul 15, 2017, 05:07 AM
Quote from: Rjlem13 on Jul 15, 2017, 01:08 AMI would say Remove side mods, as much as these are useful i believe people or at least me would prefer to be on 5.1.2 and find it a better experience

we might have the ability to have the newest things, but we might also have to deal with more bugs and issues.

(after all with all the bugs and corruption errors it took to get to just this version, who knows how many more we will have to face to get it to 5.1.2)

Fair enough i know obviously we gotta make sure that things like bugs and issues that come with the new update are to be found or have a way around them but i just feel like after all this waiting for the ability to use things like mega evolution along with other features that come with the 5.1.2 update others wouldnt want to go back. Just overall i find getting the up to date version would benefit everyone more and worth the effort of looking at these potential bugs and errors that come eith the new version.

Chocobo123456

Quote from: Rjlem13 on Jul 15, 2017, 09:54 AM

Fair enough i know obviously we gotta make sure that things like bugs and issues that come with the new update are to be found or have a way around them but i just feel like after all this waiting for the ability to use things like mega evolution along with other features that come with the 5.1.2 update others wouldnt want to go back. Just overall i find getting the up to date version would benefit everyone more and worth the effort of looking at these potential bugs and errors that come eith the new version.

Also not to mention that being on a newer version of pixelmon we would get more people and potentially they would stay for a while longer than if we weren't

Dday694

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 15, 2017, 03:37 PM

Also not to mention that being on a newer version of pixelmon we would get more people and potentially they would stay for a while longer than if we weren't

We might get more people, your right. But what good will more people do if a game is more buggy and unplayable causing more to leave then stay?

Nubbun

Quote from: Dday694 on Jul 15, 2017, 05:16 PM
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 15, 2017, 03:37 PM

We might get more people, your right. But what good will more people do if a game is more buggy and unplayable causing more to leave then stay?
Majority replied remove sidemods so how about testing that out and if it's too bugged then it would be obvious to change back to with sidemods (looking for bugs is kinda the point of running tests right?)

\(◎o◎)/

GammaGamming

BioPh33r

Quote from: Rjlem13 on Jul 15, 2017, 01:08 AMafter all with all the bugs and corruption errors it took to get to just this version, who knows how many more we will have to face to get it to 5.1.2)
this is why we have our own devs for right

DeltaCosmic

I think updating completely could result in a better chance of getting by, but some computers cannot handle the update. my pc personaly can handle the modpack. (tnx thep2002)

if none of the extras can be added, or if its just one, work with what you can get. personally, I'm curious if most of the current mods have updates for 1.11 however.(I don't care about the tails mod if thats still in)

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

iLaxrv10

I agree, lets remove the side mods :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

theP

Quote from: DeltaCosmic on Jul 18, 2017, 02:29 AM(tnx thep2002)
Life goal accomplished!

As much as i'll miss some commands i guess You get a remove them from me too
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Jul 15, 2017, 12:31 AMThey dont add much change, tho the one thing ill miss is /ivs /evs and /hp
#MakeBreedingHardAgain
#LetTheScamingBegin