Mar 28, 2024, 08:42 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Factions] Server Suggestions Megathread

Started by BluetigerESW, Apr 17, 2020, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluetigerESW

Apr 17, 2020, 06:22 PM Last Edit: Apr 17, 2020, 06:25 PM by BluetigerESW
Hey everyone, so in an effort to keep things organized and in one place, you all can use this thread to suggest any changes or requests in relation to SFT Factions server.

Keep in mind:  As factions as all about chaos, unlike in past iterations, we are going have significantly less factions/base/pvp rules.  That being said, I would like to keep the factions/pvp aspect of things as rule-free as possible without negatively affecting players' experience on the server, so we will not be adding rules without good reason and without the majority of players being in agreement to the addition of it.

Anyways, I'm open to criticism and if you think you have a good idea that others might like as well, please feel free to suggest it here! :)
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

GRIMI_

Just seen the rules sticky. No mention of base rules- maximum amount of water walls/regen walls info.

Would be useful to know what the deal is ahead of time

BluetigerESW

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Apr 18, 2020, 04:15 PMJust seen the rules sticky. No mention of base rules- maximum amount of water walls/regen walls info.

none atm besides no bases in the end

GRIMI_

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Apr 18, 2020, 04:31 PM
Quote from: GRIMI_ on Apr 18, 2020, 04:15 PMJust seen the rules sticky. No mention of base rules- maximum amount of water walls/regen walls info.

Its a bold move.
Also, will dynmap be released ahead of server to start planning bases/locations?

BluetigerESW

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Apr 18, 2020, 04:39 PM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Apr 18, 2020, 04:31 PM

Its a bold move.
Also, will dynmap be released ahead of server to start planning bases/locations?
Wasn't planning to but yeah sure, why not

GRIMI_

Event idea:

Staff vs players event where all factions team up against staff who've created a hard to raid base. Could have decent top level gear as an incentive to try and invest resources. Maybe individual loot for the winning factions, and a server-wide reward if we manage it (like an mcmmo boost server-wide for a while)

BluetigerESW

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Apr 19, 2020, 08:33 PMEvent idea:

Staff vs players event where all factions team up against staff who've created a hard to raid base. Could have decent top level gear as an incentive to try and invest resources. Maybe individual loot for the winning factions, and a server-wide reward if we manage it (like an mcmmo boost server-wide for a while)
Possibly, it'd likely be a while before it's possible though as we've all spent a lot of time working on the launch lately and I'm expecting we'll be busy for a while post launch as well

OwenMel

Do we have a map release date so factions can proper plan strategies etc and will there be silk touching of spawners to allow less claims on the server? also means factions with less players don't have to use up all their claims protecting different spawners

BluetigerESW

Quote from: OwenMel on Apr 20, 2020, 03:02 PMDo we have a map release date so factions can proper plan strategies etc and will there be silk touching of spawners to allow less claims on the server? also means factions with less players don't have to use up all their claims protecting different spawners
For now no silking spawners, in the future possibly.

Also yes, the map will be released ahead of time, Wednesday or Thursday probably.

jasper_Fritz

Apr 23, 2020, 06:07 PM #9 Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020, 07:29 PM by jasper_Fritz
Quote from: OwenMel on Apr 20, 2020, 03:02 PMDo we have a map release date so factions can proper plan strategies etc and will there be silk touching of spawners to allow less claims on the server? also means factions with less players don't have to use up all their claims protecting different spawners

I like this perspective; some players would like to have the option to have spawners that they don't have to use their protections on, especially casuals and people who play less. This would be great in encouraging new players to get higher level gear and be more competitive.

If we let players silk spawners, however, this is a major boon to the already competitive players, who can have huge grinders and exp farms, as well as nearly unlimited sources of bows/string.

However, without silking spawners, players who are new or less dedicated are less likely to build very complex and protected spawners, therefore they won't be able to take full advantage of the massive benefits that come with these mob grinders.

My idea is to meet players in the middle.

We could have a two-spawner (placed spawners) limit for inside your main base, as well as not allowing spawners to be placed near naturally occurring spawners. This way, no one has a massive, not typically obtainable advantage; smaller factions can also have a decent spawner inside their base, so they can save themselves claims.
welcome to the new world order!

jasper_Fritz

Adding on to my above comment ^ 

Smaller factions will typically have a small number of spawners to work with, and they will (usually) be silked then placed in their main base. I believe the limit on placed spawners should be 2 per faction , this way players are not making sky base spawners and otherwise unnaturally strong spawner bases. Having the max placed be 2 per faction would help the players at the bottom compete more evenly. After all, competition = fun.

welcome to the new world order!

diamondcc888

A spawner limit of 2 per faction and silkable spawners would definitely speed things up as well as create a better grinding experience. I 100% agree w Jasper.

Delmaire

Alts, if not from a actual staff from factions, should be banned.

We've eliminated the "play to win" aspect of the game long ago, having a faction riddled with alts just gives their faction free power for 24,95 each. It's practically a injection of 20 faction power if you have the cash. They are good for nothing else besides loading chunks, which is again, pay to win.

Bobert

A detailed plugins list somewhere because half the time I end up discovering some new element to the server at the worst possible time (Like trying to pearl away from a fight just to find out I cant use them at all in combat).
"Nobody will be hopping on any bob train"

Waffle_man22

Quote from: Bobert on May 03, 2020, 09:34 PMA detailed plugins list somewhere because half the time I end up discovering some new element to the server at the worst possible time (Like trying to pearl away from a fight just to find out I cant use them at all in combat).
Most that stuff is written down at spawn

Bobert

Quote from: Waffle_man22 on May 04, 2020, 02:11 AM
Quote from: Bobert on May 03, 2020, 09:34 PMA detailed plugins list somewhere because half the time I end up discovering some new element to the server at the worst possible time (Like trying to pearl away from a fight just to find out I cant use them at all in combat).
Most that stuff is written down at spawn
Might've been updated since you played factions but it's only general gameplay rules at the factions spawn, almost nothing to do with commands or plugins for the server there.
"Nobody will be hopping on any bob train"