Mar 28, 2024, 08:23 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] What needs improving / changing / fixing

Started by stormshooter, May 21, 2020, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormshooter

Hi guys, please use this post to let us know about any suggestions or problems that need fixing. Additionally if you agree with another reply please like that message so we can keep a tally and work out what issues to prioritise.

Also another reminder that if you ever have any suggestions you're welcome to dm myself or @T4Tom2 and we can try make it happen.

Thank you!

cravend

Please fix the voting pages so either A.) all 10 work in the embed, B.) there's just a list of links I can click on, or C.) both!
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

OwenMel

the tiers on voting also need to be looked at sometimes you can vote and not move up a tier

GRIMI_

Quote from: OwenMel on May 24, 2020, 11:02 PMthe tiers on voting also need to be looked at sometimes you can vote and not move up a tier

I reported this twice on a ticket- after voting for a month straight I never moved out of tier 0. Apparently according to the results of my support ticket its a feature, not a bug. sooo... only some people get vote tiers?

Wppvater

Fixes:

CrazyAuctions doesn't tax either person, allowing the people who have those permissions to bypass the tax. (for example by swapping the items and then putting up a stick for however much they agreed to pay)

Make /pstats display X weeks once the person has actually passed X weeks inactive. Right now it displays a rounded number, so 2 weeks and 4 days will display 3 weeks, allowing builds to be BCVed quicker than they should.

Update www.superfuntime.org/empcalc (I think it should just be dragging the config for emp prices)

Change:
Can the XP rates for the McMMO combat skills be increased? The other categories are slow but fine, however the combat skills are insanely slow.

Make the active McMMO mining ability Superbreaker's triple dropchance work with silk touch pickaxes. Currently it only works with fortune picks. (which if you read the McMMO wiki it's actually supposed to work with silk touch, but not fortune).

Include the 200 hopper limit in the building section of the /rules book.

stormshooter

Quote from: GRIMI_ on May 24, 2020, 11:51 PM
Quote from: OwenMel on May 24, 2020, 11:02 PMthe tiers on voting also need to be looked at sometimes you can vote and not move up a tier

I reported this twice on a ticket- after voting for a month straight I never moved out of tier 0. Apparently according to the results of my support ticket its a feature, not a bug. sooo... only some people get vote tiers?
I'm hoping it was just missunderstood as it sounds like a bug to me
Will look into this soon

Chill2000

Im not sure if this is necessarily a survival fix but maybe making a tab on the main page of the forums for dynmaps to make it easier to find?
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Green_Giant

May 26, 2020, 02:12 PM #7 Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:23 PM by Green_Giant
Been thinking about this for a while - a /kit revamp. As it stands a lot of the kits are useless, for example kit member gives you just two cookies and which always get chucked away.

Below is the changes to current kits I think should be made:

/kit starter - No change.

/kit member - 1x Milk Bucket, 16x Cookie, 1x Iron Chestplate

/kit veteran - 1x Horse Egg, 1x Saddle, 5x XP Bottles, 1x Emerald

/kit elite - 10x XP bottles, 4x Ender Pearls, 1x Diamond

Also think the introduction (or re-introduction) of some new kits would be useful.

/kit torches - 32x Torches (Available to all Guest+) - Return of an old much loved kit.

/kit farm - 8x Potatos, 8x Carrots, 8x Seeds, 8x Cocoa Beans (Available to all Guest+)

/kit crafting - 1x Crafting Table, 1x Furnace, 16x Oak Planks (Available to all Guest+) - Requested a lot from players i've noticed needing a crafting table in the wild. Will help stop trees being half cut down in the world.

None of these suggestions will do any damage to the economy, but create a nice balance between usefulness and also items to look forward to in the next rank.

Chill2000

Quote from: Green_Giant on May 26, 2020, 02:12 PM/kit torches - 32x Torches (Available to all Guest+) - Return of an old much loved kit
This was the best
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

omelott

IIRC, the themepark spawn from a few years ago had autoshop signs for the most popular items at the emp on the wall outside. It would be cool if something like that was readded to the current emp.

stormshooter

Quote from: omelet on Jun 04, 2020, 09:08 PMIIRC, the themepark spawn from a few years ago had autoshop signs for the most popular items at the emp on the wall outside. It would be cool if something like that was readded to the current emp.
Which items specifically would you suggest

omelott

Popular farmed items (potatoes/baked potatoes/carrots/melon block), food (meat/fish/bread/pies?), Popular building blocks (quartz, bricks, glowstone, etc.), and all the gems. As well as anything else you can think of that is popular. I'd recommend having the option to buy/sell in both groups of 1 and 64.