[Survival] Lucky Blocks given at VoteParty

Started by Towelie, Nov 13, 2017, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Good news everyone! Lucky Blocks will now be given at vote parties (up to 8 per party). You can also get them by mining but it's an extremely low chance, so don't count on it, voting is your best bet.

Lucky blocks (if you are unaware) can give you either a good reward (items, blocks, etc) or a bad reward (it can spawn lava near you, a giant, a wither, etc)
To use a lucky block, place it then break it. You will then get the reward.

Enjoy!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

smallfry5545

Wooo! Really glad to see these back :D

Waffle_man22

I know you probably didn't mean to say it, but you say a bad thing could be a wither... I'm going to say they don't actually have a chance of spawning a wither in?

omelott

MrRed2017

Is this the lucky block mod? Or is it the old plugin that was around a year or so back?

Caz10

Nov 14, 2017, 01:33 AM #5 Last Edit: Nov 14, 2017, 01:46 AM by Caz10
Players cannot place signs due to this plugin, might want to look into this bug.

HD

Quote from: Red/ℳrRed2017 on Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 PMIs this the lucky block mod? Or is it the old plugin that was around a year or so back?

There is a mod and plugin version, Towelie has the plugin one removed and now re-added.

Can I ask to make the Wither very, VERY low chance of occurring, but droppable?

Bad idea, but at least it's something xD
(As if people will survive a random wither attack)

Towelie

Quote from: Red/ℳrRed2017 on Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 PMIs this the lucky block mod? Or is it the old plugin that was around a year or so back?
It's a newer plugin (not the one we had before).
We can't add mods to vanilla minecraft (well without users having to install the mod too) so everything is a plugin.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: Halla on Nov 14, 2017, 03:44 AM

There is a mod and plugin version, Towelie has the plugin one removed and now re-added.

Sadly no option to change the chances of each, only to disable certain scares. You can run from the wither though, and players were told in a post, on discord and in-game too that they should open lucky blocks only after putting stuff they care about in a chest / ender chest. (NOTE: Chests survive if you need a profile wipe, ender chests don't)

HD

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 14, 2017, 07:16 AM
Quote from: Halla on Nov 14, 2017, 03:44 AM

Sadly no option to change the chances of each, only to disable certain scares. You can run from the wither though, and players were told in a post, on discord and in-game too that they should open lucky blocks only after putting stuff they care about in a chest / ender chest. (NOTE: Chests survive if you need a profile wipe, ender chests don't)

Can you explain the "certain scares"?

Also it would be nice if there was a  message in game that comes when placing the lucky block saying: "Make sure to have your valuables in a chest before opening!" Or something like that

Cause that would guarantee people can't say "but no one told me" stuff

Towelie

The whole point is to be surprised. If i just tell you every possible scare / reward it's not going to be surprising any more xd

MrChanango

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 14, 2017, 05:46 PMThe whole point is to be surprised. If i just tell you every possible scare / reward it's not going to be surprising any more xd
I think Halla means that we should add a message regardless of if it's good or bad, so in the chance of it being bad we aren't at blame for, like he said, people saying "no one ever told me"
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Towelie

Temporarily removed due to sign bug. Hoping to re-add it after they fix that

Lunarine

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 15, 2017, 06:42 PMTemporarily removed due to sign bug. Hoping to re-add it after they fix that

That would explain why my lucky block turned into a player head when I tried to break it earlier, rip