Mar 29, 2024, 03:56 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Resource World

Started by Towelie, Dec 08, 2016, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: sublimecozy6790 on Dec 09, 2016, 02:09 AMAwesome I cant wait for it, it's like a regular mcpe WORLD! Will there be mobs?
Yes, there will be mobs and animals.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Dec 08, 2016, 07:55 PMI don't like the PvP being on since lots of people have glitched health bars and custom armour.
Well... i don't know but having pvp on adds to the experience.
I'm sure we'll deal with glitched bars people as for custom armors well.. they're part of the game xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 09, 2016, 05:35 AM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Dec 08, 2016, 07:55 PMI don't like the PvP being on since lots of people have glitched health bars and custom armour.
Well... i don't know but having pvp on adds to the experience.
I'm sure we'll deal with glitched bars people as for custom armors well.. they're part of the game xD. That will just make the game more challenging and will unite players to defeat

Towelie

Quote from: ochoaj on Dec 09, 2016, 02:10 AMWell this sounds like staff will have tons of fun sorting out endless complaints about PvPing
anything goes = anything but spawn killing is to be ignored by staff. If people can't take pvp, they can just oh I don't know... not go to that world? There's a big red warning that pops up when you go saying pvp is enabled and so on

Towelie

MY idea with this world = To make a hardcore survival world, without messing up the other survival worlds, but other than that to make it as hardcore as possible.

Mini_1

If you have god will it be turned off when going to the new world?

Stancrazy

In my eyes this simply seems as a much more riskier world, with no benefits, other than potential unexplored caves and whatnot. Due to the fear factor of older players lurking around with overpowered gear, guests and other players may never even visit this world, as it yields no benefit for them. Perhaps if this is implemented, increase the spawn rate of ores, more xp drops from mobs etc, in said world as to have an actual reason to adventure about. Currently this world seems like a complete waste.

Towelie

Quote from: Stancrazy on Dec 09, 2016, 07:09 AMIn my eyes this simply seems as a much more riskier world, with no benefits, other than potential unexplored caves and whatnot. Due to the fear factor of older players lurking around with overpowered gear, guests and other players may never even visit this world, as it yields no benefit for them. Perhaps if this is implemented, increase the spawn rate of ores, more xp drops from mobs etc, in said world as to have an actual reason to adventure about. Currently this world seems like a complete waste.
It actually fulfills two or more needs:

#1 Having a mining/resource world which is reset monthly and always has the latest resources.
#2 Having a challenging environment close to minecraft vanilla where you can't warp or have your stuff protected

Overall, the world is big enough so that players will rarely accidentally meet. Players can just make a run for it and not be killed in the world (seing as the pvp will be disabled in the spawn region.

Stancrazy

Sure a resource world would have some more unmined ores/caves and whatnot, but there haven't been any new items ore/block wise in the recent updates, so there's not much new there.

As for 'having your stuff protected' why would you build in a world that is reset monthly and not retain any progress? Also, if there are no warps, would that not mean all players would have to start at the designated spawn, and therefore allow themselves to be more easily hunted? Unless you plan to integrate random spawns across the world?

As for meeting players, I assume the dynmap would cover the new world and player locations? This can be used to locate and discern where players are, if people intend to hunt them.

Towelie

Quote from: Stancrazy on Dec 09, 2016, 09:55 AMAs for meeting players, I assume the dynmap would cover the new world and player locations? This can be used to locate and discern where players are, if people intend to hunt them.
Dynmap is disabled for that world

Towelie

Quote from: Stancrazy on Dec 09, 2016, 09:55 AMAs for 'having your stuff protected' why would you build in a world that is reset monthly and not retain any progress?
I don't encourage building there but if people want to I'm fine with that if they are aware that we won't protect their thigns or move them to a new world when the old one is reset

Zesty

A world where you can't set warps, can't claim your house, pvp and raiding is allowed, and reset every month? Why even bother building a house unless you're going on a mining trip in an amazing mine. But yeh I like the idea, I might actually play survival just to have a go at this "faction world that totally isn't factions" :)
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

misspiggy95

I have a concern about the world that may not be able to be discussed in public,
I have brought it up via group skype message.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Towelie

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Dec 09, 2016, 11:15 AMI have a concern about the world that may not be able to be discussed in public,
I have brought it up via group skype message.
Thanks for raising the concerns, we'll fix what you reported (or find a way)

lionblaze10

I think as a fun addition to this you should make it so player heads drop upon death, then you can start a fun collection in the normal world. Also would be a good alternative to the 1mil emp to buy a head from the Emporium
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

xXItz_PraterXx

Lady_Laqueesha

Can I just throw in a WAHOOOOO!!!

Mrs_Ender88

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Dec 09, 2016, 05:47 PMI think as a fun addition to this you should make it so player heads drop upon death, then you can start a fun collection in the normal world. Also would be a good alternative to the 1mil emp to buy a head from the Emporium
I love that idea of that  ;D
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

misspiggy95

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Dec 09, 2016, 05:47 PMI think as a fun addition to this you should make it so player heads drop upon death, then you can start a fun collection in the normal world. Also would be a good alternative to the 1mil emp to buy a head from the Emporium

I think people may abuse that.

Player 1 goes to Resource world with nothing on them
Player 2 goes and kills player 1.
Switch roles and repeat.

Now they both have each others head for free

Melons are love. Melons are life

Towelie

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Dec 09, 2016, 08:30 PM

Switch roles and repeat.

yeah obviously i'm not gonna add player heads i mean come on xD

blakus87

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 10, 2016, 12:38 PM

Switch roles and repeat.

But pwetty pwease wif sugar on tops

diamondcc888

Who wants to raid, kill, and grief with me?!?!?! :p

Katherine

Quote from: blakus87 on Dec 10, 2016, 01:10 PM

Switch roles and repeat.

If it was, then it could have a very low probability of doing so.

ryan_m004

Quote from: Katherine on Dec 10, 2016, 10:30 PM

Switch roles and repeat.

It would be too easy to abuse and what about all the players who have spent their hard earned money in game and irl to buy heads? Don't think this will ever happen :P
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Katherine

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Dec 10, 2016, 11:46 PM
Quote from: Katherine on Dec 10, 2016, 10:30 PM

Switch roles and repeat.

It would be too easy to abuse and what about all the players who have spent their hard earned money in game and irl to buy heads? Don't think this will ever happen :P
Well obviously. I mean like a super low chance that it's not worth grinding for it.