9 (30%)
No
21 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: Sep 12, 2019, 04:25 PM

GlitterBomb84

Sep 05, 2019, 04:25 PM Last Edit: Sep 06, 2019, 03:59 PM by Towelie
Hey Survival players!

So after the last poll on a potential new plugin, disease came in second. We would like to have more feedback on the topic. With that being said here is a more in depth look at what Disease is...

With this plug in you can contract diseases and infections, craft cures to alleviate symptoms and even spread to fellow players if you go with an affliction for too long.

Here are a few of the ailments that come with this and they are as follows:

Flesh Wound: Injuries caused by breaking blocks with bare fist, no effect but if not cured with bandage infection chance is increased - bandage cure

Yellow Fever: Contracted in the insect infested jungle, high fever and sneezing ensues, contagious to others

Whooping Cough: Contracted in the dusty desert, wheezing and coughing contagious

Plague: Contracted by damage from zombies, high fever sickness, Vomiting and sneezing contagious - potion cure

Cholera: Contracted by drinking uncleaned water, sickness, vomiting

Broken Leg: Contracted by fall damage, slowness until leg repaired

Pneumonia: Contracted by extend stay in cold conditions, slowness exhaustion reduced lung capacity coughing

Swamp Fever: Contracted by swimming in swamp biomes with flesh wound
Open Wound: Contracted by being slashed with a sword - bleeding, weakness, damage - bandage cure
Arrow Wound: Contracted by being hot by an arrow, weakness, damage

Choking: Contracted by eating food - causes blocked throat, - damage, reduced speech, not able to consume food or drink

Rabies: Contracted by wolf bite - causes fever foaming mouth, vomiting, confusion, violent outbursts, speed strength, heart failure

Pox: Contracted by being near to many animals- causes temperature, sneezing, vomiting, blindness, weakness, CONTAGIOUS

Along with all of these there is a way to build immunity

Each time you contract a disease you build up an immunity to it

Higher immunity=reduced chance of catching a disease.

I know there is concern on new players, but this would put a twist on the whole survival aspect and add more of a challenge for a lot of those who have figured out how to stay alive without dying.

GRIMI_

Sounds bad- its something that affects everyone's gameplay, theres nothing optional about it. Not everyone comes on survival to survive. Keep hardcore to hardcore! Survival to just survival

Additionally, as you've already mentioned it will alienate new players who won't understand why they're dying of cholera and don't have time for this shit. We can't afford to alienate new players.

LordSlacky

I wouldn't be happy with this, unless you can disable it. It would take the fun aspect out of survival for me to be afraid.This sound more like hardcore survival instead of survival. And if you ask me, would scare a lot of the new players away.

Green_Giant

Hard no, doesn't sound very fun or in the spirit of what SFT's Survival is.

stormshooter

Yeah I gotta agree with whats been said above, seems kinda unfair to new players. Most of the people who liked the sound of disease had access to god mode anyway so they could opt out of it pretty easily :/

omelott

I'll pass. This sounds pretty intense.

Scotmid

I keep forgetting to eat never mind all this fancy stuff

Mazeworker

This a nope from me... how can I tell someone is "sick" will it show up as "player coughs" in my CC? I cant hear sounds/deaf.

Tombo_

No thanks

George

I don't like the idea of an annoying plugin like this xD
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

twoseksii

I'd be happy to see a gameplay example of these, to see how they affect actions and such.
Kate :creeper:
Super Fun Time - Survival Veteran
Discord: @twoseksii#2434

willhill2000

Quote from: Scotmid on Sep 05, 2019, 11:29 PMI keep forgetting to eat never mind all this fancy stuff
agreed

Lewis-H

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Sep 05, 2019, 06:14 PMSounds bad- its something that affects everyone's gameplay, theres nothing optional about it. Not everyone comes on survival to survive. Keep hardcore to hardcore! Survival to just survival

Additionally, as you've already mentioned it will alienate new players who won't understand why they're dying of cholera and don't have time for this shit. We can't afford to alienate new players.

I agree with you! Adding so many diseases is just no use. It has affected my gameplay. Also now I have to re-think my survival strategy.
Regards,
Lewis