The state of things 2015

Started by Towelie, Apr 21, 2015, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

This is just a post that I like to post once or twice every year, to explain the state of SFT, and how we see things (the owners) and what's going on.

How things are going:
- Financially, things are working out. The premium shop income has been a bit lower than usually for the past few months, but we can still cover our costs, so that's not a big problem
- Votes are currently a problem. People aren't voting a lot any more and this is affecting us a lot worse than you could think.
- Playerbase is a bit low, but this is to be expected for this time of the year, seing as everyone's either in school/working/etc. We expect things to get better once the summer vacation comes.
- Forum activity is a bit low compared to previous years
- Drama is at an all time low compared to previous years and we like it this way.
- The Survival server could use either a partial or a full reset but I am a bit scared to how the community would react to this so maybe it's wise to use this thread as a probe xD. I wanted to make a poll but polls are broken so this would be impossible until we  migrate to the new forums

What we'd like:
- More votes. The number of votes we receive is directly linked to our position in voting sites and the number of players that discover our server. If you enjoy SFT, even the slightest, please try to vote daily, on all of the voting sites. For you, it's a couple of minutes spent clicking some links (which brings you a reward too), for us it's a big help and it keeps SFT alive.
- Word of mouth is the best method to keep a community popular. Tell your friends about SFT, post on your facebook/twitter/etc if you wish and basically just spread the word about SFT (but don't advertise on other servers)

What we're working on:
- Updating our forums and upgrading our forum software to the latest version. (FearThe1337)
- Preparing 1.8 update for Pixelmon (Dpa1991)
- Working on a new modpack called Vanilla Powered (Dpa1991, TowelieDOH)
- A plugin that will replace the ChestShopLogger plugin (/shop find buy) (Donnydoom604)
- A Factions reset (saywhat2365)
- Tweaking towny prices / settings so that more players are attracted to it and using it (TowelieDOH)
- Various tweaks/fixes and improvements for B-Team (Copen6199, Fearthe1337)
- A replacement for Survival's World3  - a better laid out world with more minigames (EventHost Team)
- Probably more stuff that I'm forgetting right now

So yeah, this is what's going on with SFT, in case you were wondering, things are working normally and the waters are calm. I'm really looking forward for the forum upgrade.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

tcroal07

Awesome tow :D sounds like things are going good for the most part. Can't wait to see how everything works out. Personally I thnk the survival community would not be to happy with a reset. Me myself I wouldn't mind much. But just my thoughts :)

calfrokrill

Hey Towelie! I would like to inform you and say that I am trying my hardest to vote each day. I am very busy with a lot of things so please forgive me if I miss out on a day or two. I am trying to catch up with the forums as well. So I am pointing that out. I agree that there are less players today as for a certain amount of time, there were only THREE players online. Let me also point out that not only do people have work/school etc. SFT players all come from different continents and the time zones are different. This is a natural way of how the Earth works though. But still, players who are available should try to get online more often, I must admit! I estimate that survival is the most popular server, so you would occasionally find someone there, but it stuns me that not many players are on survival sometimes, seven though the survival is displayed the most. Although I have joined creative, factions and other servers, I have actually been the only player online which is not the purpose of a server. I might want to suggest other games to play as well. The server is quite popular, but I truly believe that we can make more players join , which I have witnessed. Ha ha! Half the time, I use the chat to welcome people! Anyways, all things are possible... IF YOU BELIEVE!

Sincerely, Cal.

Towelie

Quote from: tcroal07 on Apr 21, 2015, 09:24 AM
Awesome tow :D sounds like things are going good for the most part. Can't wait to see how everything works out. Personally I thnk the survival community would not be to happy with a reset. Me myself I wouldn't mind much. But just my thoughts :)
Yeah, I'm planning to do a poll after the forums are updated and give them multiple options from a full reset, to a partial reset to nothing.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ddude_stnom

Towelie

AlvaresMC

The reason why i don't vote that often anymore is becouse it takes a lot of time. I am not sure if there is something that can be fixed.

Towelie

Quote from: AlvaresMC on Apr 21, 2015, 10:01 AM
The reason why i don't vote that often anymore is becouse it takes a lot of time. I am not sure if there is something that can be fixed.
Don't use SFT Client or use http://www.superfuntime.org/vote
It takes under 5 minutes, timed.

Zesty

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 21, 2015, 09:17 AM

Can we get a link to the mods and stuff please?
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

Quote from: quadkaiden on Apr 21, 2015, 10:10 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Apr 21, 2015, 09:17 AM

Can we get a link to the mods and stuff please?

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/vanilla-powered.603525/mods

It's not done yet. Not by a long shot.

Cesspitsid

I don't know why, but planetminecraft and pixelmonlist put me off voting for SFT everyday.

maybe it's because I like to vote all at once and don't like waiting for the 24hour cool down for them sites.
it's rather annoying, but I'll do my best to keep voting.

Dac7dj

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Apr 21, 2015, 12:38 PM
I don't know why, but planetminecraft and pixelmonlist put me off voting for SFT everyday.

maybe it's because I like to vote all at once and don't like waiting for the 24hour cool down for them sites.
it's rather annoying, but I'll do my best to keep voting.
This, as well as on SFT Pixelmon, when you type the command '/vote', the link takes you to all the voting sites in the "Sandbox," and more and more of the sites are becoming unavailable in it. Maybe this should be changed to having all of the links show up, like how it is on survival. But I cannot wait until Vanilla Powered is ready.

xQuicScopex

players like me wouldnt want a full reset since i have donated for multiple spawners i dont want to just lose that money i put it when i got them i was basically told from multiple staff id never lose them unless i didnt get them moved in a world reset

MobileHome18

-Maybe you can do more vote contests. This would help players vote more.
-I believe a full reset is totally needed on survival, too many people have too many things, and survival just gets boring after you own everything.

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 21, 2015, 01:08 PM
players like me wouldnt want a full reset since i have donated for multiple spawners i dont want to just lose that money i put it when i got them i was basically told from multiple staff id never lose them unless i didnt get them moved in a world reset
We could find ways to make it ok for donating players, including giving items back

Dondougo

One thing I noticed was the bit about restructuring w3. Maybe it could be built around a theme park or boardwalk idea.

Green_Giant

Quote from: dondougo1 on Apr 21, 2015, 01:36 PM
One thing I noticed was the bit about restructuring w3. Maybe it could be built around a theme park or boardwalk idea.
We already have a fair amount built. Not sure if we're allowed to release much information at this stage but it is coming along nicely, including some new games.

DuaneandBrand0

Quote from: Green_Giant on Apr 21, 2015, 01:46 PM
We already have a fair amount built. Not sure if we're allowed to release much information at this stage but it is coming along nicely, including some new games.
We made a dunk tank on B-Team - Surely you can check it out of you haven't seen it already. Could show it to you and possibly help with redstoning if you need :)

funkymonkey245

Looks like things are going smoothly which is awesome :D
Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

DeltaCosmic

About that summertime part i cannot wait for 100s of players
To the votes whoops I need to keep up on that .-.
Also with the votes staff and other players need to thank anyone who votes, in chat or by msg. This way more votes rack up. (Side note if you thank them and they vote again wait till they are done and give them a. Big thank you. )

Vote/Donate for SFT's Sake!
Survival Sponsor
Pixelmon Admin
1.7.10 Legendary

krankenstein20

with pixelmon i partly dont want it to be updated as i will loose soooo much stuff

katoon123

Quote from: Green_Giant on Apr 21, 2015, 01:46 PM

there an image of it on the forums ; )

it was posted around easter(uk) & was on the homepage :D

xQuicScopex

like all my armor/tools ive donated to get they all have every enchant ive donated for mystery chests which is where most of my items came from i bought 1 beacon too and then all the spawners me and fireproof bought so yea i bought a lot xD

Lou671998

I personally have put in Many, Many hours recently to get my theorised projects done. any reset apart from maybe a W2 reset, and I would not be a happy bunny. But it's awesome to see stuff is going smoothly now :)
I used to be lou, I have ascended.

xQuicScopex

maybe we do a world reset and let people move stuff over (1 build and server attractions) and then after everything is moved we do another world reset to make the entire server almost new