Jun 06, 2024, 04:12 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Vanilla Powered] Beta Release

Started by Dpa1991, May 17, 2015, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey guys,

I'm sorry this is taking so long, I've been having a rough past few months with so much going on (and being sick for what feels like forever) but anyways.

This is just a client release, you guys can download the modpack and test it out in single player while I get a server put together with a spawn town. To get the client, just follow the steps below.

How to play Vanilla Powered:

• Download the Launcher here: Click Here
  • login to the launcher with your Mojang/Minecraft account
  • Visit our modpack page here Click Here
  • Click Here and copy the pack API
  • Open up your launcher and past the pack API Here

If you have any suggestions for mods to be added, or bugs to report please do so in this thread and I'll get to them.

Also, for this server we will be looking for staff so if you're interested please post saying so and include your in-game name/pstats and if you've been staff on any other server on SFT.

Cireshie

Installed.

I hope this is as good as Bread and Butter.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Cireshie on May 17, 2015, 11:57 PMInstalled.

Two different styled modpacks, this one is just meant to emphasize on vanilla aspects of Minecraft :)

Cireshie

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 18, 2015, 12:30 AM
Quote from: Cireshie on May 17, 2015, 11:57 PMInstalled.

Two different styled modpacks, this one is just meant to emphasize on vanilla aspects of Minecraft :)
Yeah, I'll check it out.

But I was referring to how much I enjoyed Bread and Butter and I hope to have the same fun with this one.

MobileHome18

Just downloaded it! Can't wait to try it out!

iLaxrv10

May 18, 2015, 12:40 AM #5 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:14 AM by iLaxrv10
Will download when I get home! Looking forward to it :)

EDIT: Downloaded, looks really cool! Cant wait for the server :heart:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Nubbun

Already into it!

hmmm anychance you would check out Growthcraft when you get the time? it like adds in a lot of farmable items like grapes, appletrees, rice etc. could be fun to see it in but zall good if it's a no go :P

Nice to see a new modpack can't wait till it get's a server! :3

\(◎o◎)/

Zesty

I was on the pack earlier and i found some things on there that i just think are abit to over powered for a survival server is there is going to be pvp enabled. I can't remeber its name but i know it has 12 hit power, and when it hits it gives you night vision and the person being hit blindness and nussia and I think thats abit to strong. I do like it though :)
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Green_Giant

May 18, 2015, 10:11 AM #8 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:42 AM by Green_Giant
Quote from: Dusk_Magician/Quad/Simples on May 18, 2015, 07:25 AMI was on the pack earlier and i found some things on there that i just think are abit to over powered for a survival server is there is going to be pvp enabled. I can't remeber its name but i know it has 12 hit power, and when it hits it gives you night vision and the person being hit blindness and nussia and I think thats abit to strong. I do like it though :)
Unlikely that the server would be PvP, since SFT is more of a survival style community rather than a PvP one.

EDIT: Had a look at the modpack, and I love it. Seems like my kinda modpack to be honest so I can see myself playing a lot on the server when it's released.

EDIT 2: When I died, my skin turned into Steve. Not sure if this a single player bug, a bug with modpacks in general or what, but just putting it out there.

Towelie

Awesome to hear that you loved it. Good job dpa

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dogggeh

May 18, 2015, 10:55 AM #10 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:07 AM by Dogggeh
This is amazing....

Could nei possibly be added?

Green_Giant

Quote from: Dogggeh on May 18, 2015, 10:55 AMThis is amazing....

Could nei possibly be added?
It is. All you have to do is go to options on the Inventory screen. Click Inventory, and then make sure NEI is enabled. :P

Dogggeh

May 18, 2015, 11:13 AM #12 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:17 AM by Dogggeh
derp xd

calfrokrill

Green_Giant

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on May 18, 2015, 11:22 AMHow do I download mods? xD
In the OP, Dpa gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to download (you'll need the Technic launcher which he shows how to get).

On an unrelated note, there are loads of awesome structures generated. From houses, to castles, to giant tree's. Here's one of the awesome ones I found:

JinxOnTheLoose

Tried it out for a bit on single player and it's really awesome! I can't wait for this to be a server :D Thanks Dpa

krankenstein20

may i suggest lucky blocks orespawn and buildcraft

Shannee

I am loving it, the modpacks are awesome

Shannee

What are the plans for when you have staff.

protections? emporium ? etc

Dpa1991

My plans for the server are pretty simple, no staff ranks except Owner will be able to spawn items/money. We wont have a spawn autoshop or anything that sells spawned in items. I want everything to be driven by the players, I want people to focus on player bartering or gathering your own resources. I was thinking of using a physical currency such as Gold nuggets/bars/blocks (Nugget = coin, Bar = single dollar, block = 9 dollars) but the currency will have to be given some more thought.

One way I was thinking to get resources would be by voting, so every time you vote you'd get various resources such as stone/bricks/coal/tools

I also forgot to add Pamsharvestcraft but I will look into growthcraft and luckyblocks that was suggested.

Shannee

Jasper

Is this where I apply for staff?  :laugh:

Fragkat

Just a bug for you, Seems you have a Mem leak that's really nasty.

Tested 11 times running an always same result.

Working with 64 gig of 2400 high spec ram, "Extreme CPU"
2x GTX680 cards
8 240 gig SSDs (not raid)
6 2 TB Sea-gate 7200's (storage)
Maxed out all settings, and Video res.
I get 13 mins in, an every time, I suddenly get mii lockups that progress to one every few seconds.

I have to do a clean boot an restart to get rid of it.

On Funtimes other server works just fine. No other games exhibit this.

Also I noticed, that when you run the game at 2500-1600
 You get "Xray" when you first log in at your spot, an for a few mins after around you, wherever there's a cave/Cavern/hole etc....

Turn on GL and turn off doesn't seem to make any diff.
Tried with every Video option. No changes.

krankenstein20

May 19, 2015, 04:24 PM #23 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:50 PM by krankenstein20
i wanna apply for staff i have 887 hourse uptime and i havent been staff

Jasper

May 19, 2015, 06:34 PM #24 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:40 PM by Jasper
I would also like to apply for staff on the server. I think I am qualified because I have over 1100 hrs uptime, with most being on pixelmon and some on B team. Because of this, I have knowledge of what can go wrong on the servers in regards to common bugs that players may experience, and I can help them. Also, I believe after so long playing I have come to know what Superfuntime expects in regards to staff members, and I can try to meet or exceed those goals. I am trying to keep my attitude under control lately and not be as easily angered (just about everyone can see how pissed I can get). I would also like to help the server out as much as I can and will try to help new players (and not call them nubs). If this isn't where I am supposed to post for this feel free to move it  :P Thanks for considering  ;)

On an unrelated note, I've tested out the mod pack a little bit. Even though my computer doesn't get the best fps while running the world and my view (should have better on the server) it seems really cool. I especially liked having the different mobs with the morph mod, kudos for that. I also really liked all the different structures around the world, like what appear be shrines around ponds, however I did see some randomly generated bridges, not connecting anything in particular, just sitting there, which were cool, but seemed very out of place. Overall pretty excited to play this with everyone else. :D