Do you like the Prestige idea?

Yes
32 (78%)
No
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 05:31 PM

Towelie

So, I was thinking of ways to keep things fresh on our Survival server, and I thought about the following thing:

Prestige levels!

I'm not sure whether you played Call of Duty, but if you did, when you reached the maximum level, you had the option to get your 'Prestige' rank. This basically reset all your stats but added a special badge containing the number of times you 'Prestiged'.  So basically, bragging rights.

My Idea:
- Add 'Prestige' on Survival. In the form of a number in front of your rank: [1][Owner]TowelieDOH <-- Example
- To gain a Prestige level, you would have to have all SFTMMO stats maxed up, and pay an EmpBuck amount (5mil?). Once you prestige, your SFTMMO skills will be reset to 0, but you will gain a number in front of your name, that increases every time you prestige.

Please vote in the poll and tell us how you feel this idea is.
PS: Please explain your votes. It will help us understand and improve.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: If you're wondering 'Why should I pay 5 mil EmpBucks to have my skills reset?', the answer is : For bragging rights!
That shiny number in front of your name will make you look badass, especially if you have multiple Prestiges.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fire_Lord_Nero

May i ask what the top prestige rank will be(or estimation)? if so for your first prestige make it cost 1 mil(so everyone can kindof afford the first one and get a taste of what its like)  then as it goes up, the price increases making the top players with high prestige have more bragging rights.

Edit, Also maybe the first few ranks are the colour silver/nickle, the middle tier gold, then the next(top prestige) diamond/platinum colour

Towelie

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on May 24, 2015, 05:39 PMMay i ask what the top prestige rank will be(or estimation)? if so for your first prestige make it cost 1 mil(so everyone can kindof afford the first one and get a taste of what its like)  then as it goes up, the price increases making the top players with high prestige have more bragging rights.
Sounds good.
And top prestige level could be 99

Cireshie

Perhaps, make reaching higher prestige levels harder each time.

Default Prestige -> 200 levels for each skill
Next Prestige -> 250 levels for each skill
Next Prestige -> 300 levels for each skill

But I'm not sure if this would be too much to code for Colesy.

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Towelie on May 24, 2015, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on May 24, 2015, 05:39 PMMay i ask what the top prestige rank will be(or estimation)? if so for your first prestige make it cost 1 mil(so everyone can kindof afford the first one and get a taste of what its like)  then as it goes up, the price increases making the top players with high prestige have more bragging rights.
Sounds good.
And top prestige level could be 99

Maybe like a 60(as high/top final rank)(Cost 100mil)  making you shine out of the rest,(maybe like a small kit like /kit 60 giving you like a 
and it gives you a special item but only one use. 

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on May 24, 2015, 05:42 PMPerhaps, make reaching higher prestige levels harder each time.

Default Prestige -> 200 levels for each skill
Next Prestige -> 250 levels for each skill
Next Prestige -> 300 levels for each skill

But I'm not sure if this would be too much to code for Colesy.
I was thinking of doing this with 0 code needed for now.
So manual prestige levelup (an admin does it for players) and so, and if it's successful, in the future we'd add perks for high prestige players

Towelie

As of now, prestige is all about bragging rights. Kits and stuff can't be added because the [1] number thing will be a prefix and not a rank.

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Towelie on May 24, 2015, 05:46 PMAs of now, prestige is all about bragging rights. Kits and stuff can't be added because the [1] number thing will be a prefix and not a rank.

Seems cool, I really like the idea

Nicadean33

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on May 24, 2015, 05:39 PMEdit, Also maybe the first few ranks are the colour silver/nickle, the middle tier gold, then the next(top prestige) diamond/platinum colour
I like this idea. Bronze/silver/gold/diamond sounds pretty cool. If it is an admin adding the prefix, could the prefixes be different colors for the top player only or something along the lines? Everyone who gets a prestige level has it the color bronze then the top 3 are silver/gold/diamond or something like that? Sounds pretty good though, I can think of a few people who would jump on the whole bragging rights thing... ;)

iLaxrv10

This is a great idea! But maybe we can base the points for a prestige off of the amount of MCMMO you need to rank up in factions @Towelie
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

CleverWhale

This idea seems amazing. I think it will keep players playing after they have reached the highest level on SFTMMO. I hope this is added in th future! ^_^
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

willhill2000

Amazing idea.
Skills should be reset with this put into place.

Jasper

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on May 24, 2015, 09:31 PMThis is a great idea! But maybe we can base the points for a prestige off of the amount of MCMMO you need to rank up in factions @Towelie

u do know this is for survival right @iLaxrv10

crazygamer113

darknuju

Sounds cool I want all the bragging rights but am too lazy to work up my SFTMMO xD

Dogggeh

Maybe this could be implemented on pixelmon c:

Doggeh

Toxic_Foxtrot69

I think this is a great idea added to what colesy has already done with SFTMMO. Who wouldn't like some more brag and swag? I also agree with the chicken that once a player reaches level 200, and after paying a nominal fee, the next level of Prestige goes up as well does the cost...

Great idea Towelie

iLaxrv10

As I said above, this is a great idea. Can this become a poll for pixelmonn as well? ^.^
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on May 25, 2015, 12:28 PMAs I said above, this is a great idea. Can this become a poll for pixelmonn as well? ^.^
If it's added on survival and it works out, I don't see why not. Colesy is adding support for prestiges in sftmmo right now

Posted from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Towelie

Due to the overwhelming positive votes, I have decided to start making preparations for Prestige to be added.
I will soon post a topic explaining the prestige system, and how it is going to be implemented on Survival

xQuicScopex

make it like newer cods and you can keep 1 stat at 200 each time

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on May 25, 2015, 04:48 PMmake it like newer cods and you can keep 1 stat at 200 each time
Where's the fun in that ? (also it would be hard to implement)

xQuicScopex

like only for 1-2 prestieges and you can make the command reset stats 1 at a time like id only keep my enchanting at 200 because it sucks to do

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Towelie on May 25, 2015, 12:43 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on May 25, 2015, 12:28 PMAs I said above, this is a great idea. Can this become a poll for pixelmonn as well? ^.^
If it's added on survival and it works out, I don't see why not. Colesy is adding support for prestiges in sftmmo right now

Posted from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I'd like to point out that Pixelmon uses MCMMO (which is extremely easy and takes no effort to level up, not to mention the many exploits used to level quickly), whereas survival is using SFTMMO (which is harder, and is made to make it harder to level up.

Therefore, if this were to be implemented to Pixelmon, I'd suggest first removing MCMMO and switching to SFTMMO so that it's still a challenge.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree