[Vanilla Powered] Changelog 1.1.0

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 09, 2015, 04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

• Added Better Foilage (Clientside mod, makes trees look better but might cause lag. Might remove)
  • Added Choclate Quest Mod (Adds dungeons with loot and cool weapons/gear)
  • Tweaked Corpses to have less health (No longer viable to train MCMMO on them)
  • Tweaked corpses to start decaying 10 minutes after death - once you die, you will have 10 minutes to retrieve your items.

Only things left to do now is to test the new mod added and build a spawn town and we'll move out of the Beta.

calfrokrill

Chous

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jun 09, 2015, 06:00 AMWhat is the ip? :)
if you go into the mod pack, it is already inside the multiplayer menu.

ColesyM

I might sound a little whiny, but this is simply too difficult. Can't get started.

• Joined, died in 2 seconds from zombie
  • Respawned, hit zombie, caught fire, 2 more zombies spawed on the first
  • Respawned, and insta died 7 more times in a row
  • Managed to get away, took a boat to an island, started gathering resources
  • A super OP zombie teleporting to me and killed in a second
  • Went back to the island, OP zombie still there, chasing me underground teleporting, dead again
  • Finally got safe, starting mining, 3 silverfish spawn, and 2 of them are SUPER OP setting me on fire, death in 2 seconds.

N193582

I am having a problem. Whenever i start vanilla powered it will load up to the mod pre-initialization stage and then crash and take me back to the technic launcher. Does anyone else have this problem and if so do u know how to fix it?

stormshooter

Quote from: ColesyM on Jun 09, 2015, 09:51 AMI might sound a little whiny, but this is simply too difficult. Can't get started.

• Went back to the island, OP zombie still there, chasing me underground teleporting, dead again
  • Finally got safe, starting mining, 3 silverfish spawn, and 2 of them are SUPER OP setting me on fire, death in 2 seconds.
The easiest way I found to get started, was to use the generated builds for a couple nights as shelters and take the loot from the chests. Then it's easier to start gathering during the day and eventually be able to take on those big mobs.

HINT: I suggest cave mining rather then strip mining due to the silverfish.

Chous

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 09, 2015, 03:55 PM
Quote from: ColesyM on Jun 09, 2015, 09:51 AMI might sound a little whiny, but this is simply too difficult. Can't get started.

The easiest way I found to get started, was to use the generated builds for a couple nights as shelters and take the loot from the chests. Then it's easier to start gathering during the day and eventually be able to take on those big mobs.

HINT: I suggest cave mining rather then strip mining due to the silverfish.
I also like to just dig into the side of a mountain for my home, so that makes it easier. And with what he said, go cave mining not strip mining until you have decent armor.

I like the level of difficulty because in my opinion, regular mine craft has no challenges in it, and I think this mod pack has some neat changes. And about the insta dying at death, once we actually have a spawn, that won't happen.

lukethedude

I also think that we're lacking end-game options. After you get a good rapier the dungeons are easy! There's nothing left to challenge you or to keep you playing after a week or two

lukethedude

Quote from: N193582 on Jun 09, 2015, 03:12 PMI am having a problem. Whenever i start vanilla powered it will load up to the mod pre-initialization stage and then crash and take me back to the technic launcher. Does anyone else have this problem and if so do u know how to fix it?
Try updating your java

lukethedude

Go cave mining and with the first 36 iron you get make a tool forge.
Then make a stone hammer. If you break a block with the hammer it will leave the silverfish ones. Also get the Fam guide. 20 xp levels and unlock Notch. If you press R it will hit all the mobs close to you with lightening instantly killing them

mewbow

Quote from: N193582 on Jun 09, 2015, 03:12 PMI am having a problem. Whenever i start vanilla powered it will load up to the mod pre-initialization stage and then crash and take me back to the technic launcher. Does anyone else have this problem and if so do u know how to fix it?
This also happened to me, I just kept opening it until it worked xd try again maybe 5 times

Shannee

I totally agree chaosgirasol, the level of difficulty is brilliant. As was said once a spawn goes in and there is safety in logging in it will be fine.

Having said that you are given a set of wooden tools when you spawn , dig a hole :) I don't go out at night to gather resources. I use the night for building, smelting, crafting, farming and researching the mods im not familiar with on google.

Nubbun

Quote from: mewiebowie on Jun 09, 2015, 10:11 PM
This also happened to me, I just kept opening it until it worked xd try again maybe 5 times

try the last reply at
https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,107983.0.html
should hopefully work after that

\(◎o◎)/