Jun 13, 2024, 01:56 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] The combat update [Not MC 1.9]

Started by Towelie, Jun 13, 2015, 05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 13, 2015, 05:46 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2015, 04:13 PM by Towelie

We have replaced our PvP plugin with a better one.
To turn PvP on/off, use the command /pvp
Please note that when you will join your PvP will probably be on due to the plugin change so please turn it off if you don't want to be attacked.

New features:
- PvP tag in the player bar and in TAB showing who has PvP enabled
- Combat tagging. Commands often used for unfair benefits will be blocked when you are combat tagged
- Combat logging detection and prevention (a message will be broadcasted if you leave the game during combat)
- Godmode detection and automated disable (CURRENTLY BROKEN, reported to author, expecting a fix soon)
- Flymod detection and automated disable
- Newbie protection (new players are protected against PvP)
- Repeated offense protection (if you kill a player for more than 10 times in a short period of time, the system will detect it and punish you for abusing)
- Respawn protection (no more spawn killing)
- Placing lava/fire near players is disabled, however, IT WORKS otherwise.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

VirginianAE

Casualties during the update. :)

Seriously, though, very, very cool. Thanks Towelie!!!

iLaxrv10

Amazing job c: keep up the good work! SFT is becoming more and more amazing by the minute c:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Ultimatum599

I would like to say without the abuse of minions, none of this would be possible.

Towelie

Quote from: Ultimatum599 on Jun 13, 2015, 06:35 AMI would like to say without the abuse of minions, none of this would be possible.
xD tru dat.
Thanks for helping me test <3

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

GotAnError

Darn, now I can't abuse my fly mod any more. Jolly gosh on a cracker.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

darknuju

Awwww totally unfair that I can't cheat anymore.

You are taking away my right to break the rules.

This is sarcasm for anyone who can't tell.

Also will this be on factions to prevent cheating?

Tyvic

It's good  that in the player list you can see if your PvP is on. Sometimes you can forget :P.

omelott

Sounds very exciting!
I noticed something was different when I realized that my name tag was red.

Towelie

darknuju

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 13, 2015, 03:16 PMhttps://github.com/NoChanceSD/PvPManager/issues/22

People have actually said that? xD I mean I am not a fan of gory games but this is Minecraft you couldn't get less realistic gore in any other game

Towelie

Jun 13, 2015, 03:41 PM #11 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2015, 03:46 PM by Towelie
- Reduced the blocked commands when PvP Tagged to just stuff that can be used to cheat in pvp / teleport out of pvp
- Disabled kill on PvP log, however it will still broadcast when someone PvP logs so staff can easily see and punish if needed / repeated often
- Reduced tag time to 5s (was 10s)
- Reduced cooldown of /pvp to 10s (was 15)
- Changed the color of the tags from Green/White to all white, but when PvP is on, a cool little PvP prefix appears in the bar above your head and in TAB

VirginianAE

That's an interesting thing to choose to be offended by.  I mean, SFT is very well maintained, but let's be real: there are far worse things in online minecraft than little red pixels.

Towelie

Removed blood effects. Will re-add if the plugin allows users to individually disable them

Towelie

TiiGeR

The only problem I can see with this is now you can see who has PvP on and we now also have a Livemap, I suspect there will be a few posts in the upcoming future talking about how people have hunted them down on the livemap or something like this, killed them and took there items. It's a very cool addition but all good things have bad things too.

omelott

Quote from: TiiGeR on Jun 13, 2015, 04:36 PMThe only problem I can see with this is now you can see who has PvP on and we now also have a Livemap, I suspect there will be a few posts in the upcoming future talking about how people have hunted them down on the livemap or something like this, killed them and took there items. It's a very cool addition but all good things have bad things too.

I personally believe that this modification is a big advancement in improving the survival server. The new PVP plugin will bring lots of joy to those who love to PVP. :D

Unfortunately, I could certainly see an incident like this in the future. It's frightening to imagine some sicko doing this, let alone a victim of such an incident loosing trust in the community. Towelie granted us access to these privileges, and we should thank him by using them appropriately, not by abusing them.  :(

Green_Giant

Quote from: omelott on Jun 13, 2015, 05:29 PM
Quote from: TiiGeR on Jun 13, 2015, 04:36 PMThe only problem I can see with this is now you can see who has PvP on and we now also have a Livemap, I suspect there will be a few posts in the upcoming future talking about how people have hunted them down on the livemap or something like this, killed them and took there items. It's a very cool addition but all good things have bad things too.

I personally believe that this modification is a big advancement in improving the survival server. The new PVP plugin will bring lots of joy to those who love to PVP. :D

Unfortunately, I could certainly see an incident like this in the future. It's frightening to imagine some sicko doing this, let alone a victim of such an incident loosing trust in the community. Towelie granted us access to these privileges, and we should thank him by using them appropriately, not by abusing them.  :(
When i'm online, i'll be sure to remind players who have PvP on to have it off. Just in-case it was left on by accident.

krankenstein20

I feel this is a silly point but can't players disable particle effects?

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Jun 14, 2015, 06:26 PMI feel this is a silly point but can't players disable particle effects?
Not affected by client side particle settings, was checked.