[Pixelmon] World Reset & Other information

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 25, 2015, 06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

World Reset
A world reset is coming later this week (saturday), we have the builders working full time to finishing it, and even then, we will reset with the map not fully finished (they will finish it after the reset)
What will happen is, World1 will be reset, and we will move the existing World1 as World1old and keep it for another 30 days so players have time to move their loot to the new world. POKEMONS WILL NOT BE RESET!!!
PS: In addition to that, the pokemon will spawn in the new World1, so you will no longer have to go to world3 to catch pokemon! Also we will tweak the spawn rate of pokemons to try and make them more common!

Update to latest Pixelmon versions
Sadly, updating to the latest Pixelmon version is currently impossible. Because they moved (ahead of time, I may say), to MC 1.8 and the API that was meant to support plugins in 1.8 (Sponge) is just not ready. So if we were to update, we'd lose all the plugins, we wouldn't have a solid protection plugin. In addition to that, a lot of mods are at END OF LIFE and will not be updated to 1.8 (even mods that add new blocks).
So status is: We'll update when Sponge is working properly and supporting plugins properly. We don't have an estimate, but we can confirm that we do plan on updating the server to 1.8. (There is already a client with the latest pixelmon mod)

Training Arena
The training arena was disabled due to a bug in WorldGuard (the plugin that suported the training arena via no-entry flags). These flags were disabled because they lagged the server. I will ask the help of Fear, and hopefulyl we can figure a way to bring the TA back after the reset.

Towelie

So yeah, stay tuned everyone, Saturday will be the day that Dpa and I will dedicate to Pixelmon / doing the world reset / optimizing / etc

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Jasper

Woot #reset #swag #whitegurl #bringbackta #21 #noskopd #fearthetowel #dparules
Sry my inner white girl got out but this is amazing! Thank you to dpa, towelie, fear, and everyjuan else! I hope i get on soon to explore the new world, because the current two are pretty badly destroyed. Thanks again guys!

maximun8

dang it i realy wanted to buy ho-oh in shiny lvl1 with a good nature to so thats alot of money that i wanted to use but now i can't ;(

maximun8

and towlie can i have a screenshot with you 1 time?? pliss

Towelie

Quote from: maximun8 on Jun 25, 2015, 10:17 AMand towlie can i have a screenshot with you 1 time?? pliss
Sure, I'm at work at the moment but I'll be on Saturday if not earlier

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

Wow! This is amazing news ;) Thank you for all your hard work Dpa. The new w1 will be amazing!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

eye_nine

Why cant this be done for B-Team?!?!??!

Tombo_

Quote from: eye_nine on Jun 25, 2015, 01:18 PMWhy cant this be done for B-Team?!?!??!

When a world reset is needed I'm sure the owner(s) will put in the same procedure & effort that they've put into this one.

camster65

if you need any help with it, feel free to ask me :)

Long Goner

I'm all for a new world!! One problem though. In the old w1, I own a town that took me months to make. It's really magnificent, and I built it all on my own. Will Managers+ be moving builds such as these to the new world1? (or world3)

Nubbun

Quote from: Long Goner on Jun 25, 2015, 07:12 PMI'm all for a new world!! One problem though. In the old w1, I own a town that took me months to make. It's really magnificent, and I built it all on my own. Will Managers+ be moving builds such as these to the new world1? (or world3)

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on May 03, 2015, 09:02 AMDpa said in his post that manager+ will NOT move any builds over to the new world
{link referred to; https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,105169.msg575150.html }

\(◎o◎)/

Long Goner

That stinks, I spent quite a while trying to get that town up and running. Well, time to rebuilt it.  :zombie:

Jasper

I really don't see the purpose of a reset if everyone would just take their builds with them. That would defeat the purpose of playing, because you will always have the same things. This was a good move on Dpa's part (kudos to you) as now everyone who had buildings in /w1 can now rebuild them, and perhaps make them better, and this will also provide a motivation to play more, especially for people who have stopped playing due to things like boredom, now they have something to do again, and maybe they'll come back

Green_Giant

Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jun 26, 2015, 08:00 PMI really don't see the purpose of a reset if everyone would just take their builds with them. That would defeat the purpose of playing, because you will always have the same things. This was a good move on Dpa's part (kudos to you) as now everyone who had buildings in /w1 can now rebuild them, and perhaps make them better, and this will also provide a motivation to play more, especially for people who have stopped playing due to things like boredom, now they have something to do again, and maybe they'll come back
Nobody is being forced to move over their buildings and items. If they want to keep them in the normal world and get them reset they can, and start over fresh. It gives an option for the players who don't want to lose their things, because often people will quit playing if everything they've worked for disappears.

maximun8

Nobody is being forced to move over their buildings and items. If they want to keep them in the normal world and get them reset they can, and start over fresh. It gives an option for the players who don't want to lose their things, because often people will quit playing if everything they've worked for disappears.

that happend to my friend he haven't played pixelmon on a while and when he joined all his stuff were gone same with the house so he leaved pixelmon

tobminer

Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jun 26, 2015, 08:00 PMI really don't see the purpose of a reset if everyone would just take their builds with them. That would defeat the purpose of playing, because you will always have the same things. This was a good move on Dpa's part (kudos to you) as now everyone who had buildings in /w1 can now rebuild them, and perhaps make them better, and this will also provide a motivation to play more, especially for people who have stopped playing due to things like boredom, now they have something to do again, and maybe they'll come back

Motavation to "come" back? Or want to play more? I wouldn't want to rebuild something I spent a lot of time on over and over. If it took me 1h+ I still wouldn't care, I would not rebuild it. On Survival your allowed (At least last reset) to get one build moved. I think this should be done, considering it takes about 1 minute to do if users have an area for the build. If I am not active in the SFT community anymore and I get even more stuff reset, then there is no way I am coming back. Anyways, I don't play Pixelmon too often, but I guess it's up to the owner in the ultimate end.