Apr 27, 2024, 11:54 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Be nicer to each other!

Started by Towelie, Jul 01, 2015, 04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Lately I've seen some players not being very nice to other players.
I want to remind you that this is a gaming community, and we should all try to get along and help each other, as this is a place where we make friends and meet new people, not where we get angry because some player is insulting us or ignoring us.

I am hoping that everyone will understand and respect this, so we don't have to start taking harsh measures.

If you care about SFT the least bit, please do the following things as of today:
- Be nicer to other players and towards staff members
- If you don't have something good to say, just don't say anything
- Help out other players when they ask in chat (even if they're being annoying/spammy). It's better to answer to someone and then to teach them not to spam than just to ignore them / insult them
- Vote more often if you can as that helps us a lot, and in a way it helps you too (by having more players, you will have more possible friends)

At first, I am hoping this appeal will get to you, without having to take any action, but if I don't see the situation improving, I will ask the stasff members to take drastic measures ranging from timebans to permanent bans to players that are generally not nice to others.

PS: Learn when it's ok to joke and when it's not. Learn when it's too much and learn when people have a sense of humor or don't.

Thank you! I really wish you would listen to my request and do some efforts in this way.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

balistic_skills

Cireshie

So, a more strict rule #5 in /rules?

iLaxrv10

Understood! Will spread this around ^-^
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

nicholiplays

me after hitting a fat bong:

EnderGurl12

I completely agree! I've noticed jokes being taken too far, and just overall bad behavior. Extremely understood.

Lucazade13

Understood. Being nice to new players increases their chance of staying. If there are more people on the server then many more things can happen. (More events, More Staff and many other cool things). So we must all make an effort to be nice, especially to new people.

-Lucazade13 :)

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

American_Walrus

Nicadean33

I was on during the example of this, and this was needed after that. I hope everyone that needs to see this does! Yet all of us can still take from it.

Stinistar

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 01, 2015, 04:02 AM- If you don't have something good to say, just don't say anything

I can't say this enough.. I always encourage my staffteam to be nice. And i will keep doing that :)

shadowaurax

Jul 01, 2015, 02:57 PM #11 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 03:06 PM by shadowaurax
Awww, so more more calling people's mothers lamb-headed melon-beasts?
 ;)

I get where you're coming from, but at the same time I like keeping to a general rule of 'I'll stop being mean when you stop being stupid'.
In my opinion...
Newbie questions like, "how do you get those fairys by your head?" deserve a response. Famguides aren't a plainly obvious factor in the game and the entire mod can be awkward at times no matter how long you've been playing.

Newbie questions like, "How do I become staff?" "How much is (insert pokemon) worth?", "How do I get pokeballs?", "When can we fly on our pokemon?"...not so much, especially since these are the ones that tend to get spammed regardless of people answering them or not.

Jasper

Quote from: shadowaurax on Jul 01, 2015, 02:57 PMAwww, so more more calling people's mothers lamb-headed melon-beasts?
 ;)

I get where you're coming from, but at the same time I like keeping to a general rule of 'I'll stop being mean when you stop being stupid'.
In my opinion...
Newbie questions like, "how do you get those fairys by your head?" deserve a response. Famguides aren't a plainly obvious factor in the game and the entire mod can be awkward at times no matter how long you've been playing.

Newbie questions like, "How do I become staff?" "How much is (insert pokemon) worth?", "How do I get pokeballs?", "When can we fly on our pokemon?"...not so much, especially since these are the ones that tend to get spammed regardless of people answering them or not.

THIS.

We need to implement a system to combat this, like maybe a jmod responsibility would be to respond in chat, then /msg, then to warn them if they're plainly ignoring when the answer has been stated for them. I agree with Reivann a lot on this, 'newbs' tend to get annoying especially when some questions are solved either by playing or by googling something.

liquidbudder

Jul 01, 2015, 06:38 PM #13 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 06:41 PM by Sparkle_Sun
awww fwiends :3

i love pineapples

noch5

K Towlie, lets make sure theres no bullies on the server (Not saying there ever was)

paul_weebird

Mgwllw

Sounds like 2013 all over again.... Just be nice lol

BluetigerESW

I don't see any reason to not always be nice to everyone anyways, but will keep this in mind and inform others of it. :)
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

fighters1821

I totally agree. Everyone must respect members, staff and all the gamers in the server. Towelie is totally right, you should agree with his words.

BioPh33r

Noted All supreme Towelie... but this seems like a Anti Bulling campain tho XD ill spread to word *Salutes*

Doctor_Thanos

I totally agree. Even though somebody is annoying or rude we should always help them! :D

Towelie

Quote from: Doctor_Thanos on Jul 26, 2015, 05:10 AMI totally agree. Even though somebody is annoying or rude we should always help them! :D
^ Yep. Or tell them to stop being annoying but in a polite and friendly way.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796