Minecart Roulette
5 (25%)
Blockparty
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Jul 12, 2015, 06:54 AM

Sparkle_Sun

Jul 06, 2015, 02:12 AM Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 06:50 PM by Sparkle_Sun
Congrats to American_Walrus for winning the contest with his event Run from the Beast!
Come join us on the Minecraft Survival server to design and build your own unique event!
/warp eventdesign
Ingame voting results are in!
RFTB- 7 votes
Minecart Roulette- 6 votes
Blockparty- 6 votes
Chicken Luck- 5 votes
Tunnels- 2 votes
ParkourFight- 2 votes
Tripwire- 1 vote
These votes are from all the players who played the events. Anyone can now vote here for the final winner out of the top 3 chosen.

What is this? This is a contest, hosted by me and Scotmid, to design a new and unique* event
Who can participate? Anyone of any rank can participate as long as you have a forum account.
When is this going on? You can start designing and building right now! You have until 11:59 on Thursday (GMT-5) to design, build, and post your event right here on the forums. Countdown: http://itsalmo.st/#theendofthecontest
Where is this happening? You can build your event wherever you like (but please follow the guidelines posted below) and it will be moved into an arena for judging.
Why should I participate? The winner will receive 500k empbucks and have their event moved to World 3! The runner-up will receive 200k empbucks.
How does this work? You will design and build your event in-game. Then you will post here using the template at the bottom of this post to register your event. Any events not registered by 11:59 on Thursday will not be counted! Sometime on Friday (time tba) all the registered events will be hosted once for players to see how they work. You can cast a vote ingame during this time of hosting. This will narrow down to the top 3 events and then a poll here on the forums will be created where we will vote for the #1 event! This event will then be moved to World 3.

Rules:
1- Your event must be no longer/wider than 50x50 blocks. It cannot be taller than 50 blocks.
2- Your event cannot be underground. If that is how the design will be, you can build it above ground but inside a dirt square that is 50x50 dirt blocks.
3- Your event cannot be an exact copy of an already existing event we have in World 3*
4- Your event cannot copy the ideas of another registered event*
5- Your event must be playable by all players and ranks
6- Your event must be able to be won
7- Your event must not break any SuperFunTime rules
8- When you register your event, you agree to have it moved to the judging arena (and also moved to World 3 should you win the contest)

Other general information:
You can only register a single event. Once you register your event, you are saying it is completed and able to be moved. Your event may be moved while you are offline. A sign with the new warp to your event will be left in the place it was moved from when your event is moved to the judging arena. Only players who are online during the event hosting process can vote for the initial 3 events that will be put into the poll on the forums no later than Friday night. Voting will occur for about 36 hours (timeframe may change) before a winner will be chosen. Some rules or information may change. If you are banned during the time of the contest and are not unbanned by the end of the contest, your event is not eligible. You can build an event with one other player but you will split the prize money. If you build an event with a player, you cannot have them register the event and you register another. If your name is on an event that is registered, that is the only event you can register. (*Copying another build means a build with the same exact design, concept, or idea. Modifications (like changing spleef into bedrock spleef) are allowed, but the hosts are allowed to determine that an event idea is too similar to either another existing event in World 3 or another player's build. The host's decision on whether or not a build is too similar or is not original enough is the final decision.)

Please post below with any questions, comments, or concerns so we can fix any issues that might arise. Thanks! And good luck!

[b]In-game username(s):[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Event name:[/b]
[b]Warp to your event:[/b]
[b]Event description:[/b]
[b]Event rules:[/b]
[b]Notes for the host:[/b]

nicholiplays

i have a problem, can you shorten out the words? kthx c:
me after hitting a fat bong:

xQuicScopex

i have a couple events in mind can we only register one?

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 06, 2015, 02:18 AMWell rip my event, it's like 300x300, and it took 3 months to make, and is underground xD

I'm still working on the sizes, I just updated them. But 300x300 is too large for this contest, since it has to be easily moved. But you could make a smaller version of your event possibly?

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Jul 06, 2015, 02:47 AMi have a couple events in mind can we only register one?

Yes, you can only register one event, to keep things fair.

Towelie

cool :D excited to see what comes out of this

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

CutiePie11

I can't wait to see all of the creative ideas!! Good Luck to everyone!! :D

ryan_m004

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

paul_weebird

Desert obstical ill make it later

American_Walrus

Already cleared land! I'm all in.

Tyvic

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jul 06, 2015, 03:36 AM
Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 06, 2015, 02:18 AMWell rip my event, it's like 300x300, and it took 3 months to make, and is underground xD

I'm still working on the sizes, I just updated them. But 300x300 is too large for this contest, since it has to be easily moved. But you could make a smaller version of your event possibly?

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Jul 06, 2015, 02:47 AMi have a couple events in mind can we only register one?

Yes, you can only register one event, to keep things fair.

Would it be possible to move part of it? Only part of it is usually used.

Also, it's underground, and idk how I'm gonna be able to rebuild it :P

Ultratomas

If I make it with simple blocks (dirt, cobblestone) does that mean that it will be made out of dirt in world 3? Or can you turn it into quartz and glass instead?

Ultratomas

Also am I allowed to make an event with teams? If so can you guys make a way to sort the players into separate teams automatically? And can i remove the nametags of the enemy team so blue team cant see red teams nametag and vise versa? Thanks.

Ultratomas

Last thing, if by any chance my event wins, am I allowed to host it myself? Or does it need to be an event host? And also can you make it so the players have infinate ammo (i wont say what yet)?

darknuju

So wait this is an event(contest) about making an event

American_Walrus

I just realized how much time and money this is going to take. Welp, what else am I going to use it for?

Ultratomas

Last thing (for real now xD) am I allowed to build it over sea and then move it so i don't have to flatten the land and then build it? And also can i use the plugin were if they fall (into water) then they automatically tp to a specific place? (but each team has to tp to a different place) or are we not allowed to use plugins at all?

Green_Giant

Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 06, 2015, 06:23 PMLast thing (for real now xD) am I allowed to build it over sea and then move it so i don't have to flatten the land and then build it? And also can i use the plugin were if they fall (into water) then they automatically tp to a specific place? (but each team has to tp to a different place) or are we not allowed to use plugins at all?
You're allowed to use plugins that we already have installed (e.g the bridge/gate plugins) but I don't think you're allowed to make an Event that requires an external plugin to be downloaded or a custom one created.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Tyvic on Jul 06, 2015, 02:38 PMWould it be possible to move part of it? Only part of it is usually used.
Also, it's underground, and idk how I'm gonna be able to rebuild it :P

I can come look at it, we'll see what we can do. :)

Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 06, 2015, 02:46 PMIf I make it with simple blocks (dirt, cobblestone) does that mean that it will be made out of dirt in world 3? Or can you turn it into quartz and glass instead?

Yes, if it is chosen for World 3, we can edit it and change simple blocks into better materials, etc.
Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 06, 2015, 02:52 PMAlso am I allowed to make an event with teams?

Yes. Also, any specific instructions for how it will work, you can write those down in the form when you register and we'll take note.
Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 06, 2015, 03:00 PMIf by any chance my event wins, am I allowed to host it myself? Or does it need to be an event host?

You will be able to host it yourself, but you should still ask an EventHost or Mod+ before doing so, incase they are currently or planning to host.

Quote from: Ultratomas on Jul 06, 2015, 06:23 PMLast thing (for real now xD) am I allowed to build it over sea and then move it so i don't have to flatten the land and then build it?
You can build it anywhere, even over sea, as long as it's on a platform.

Also, Green_Giant is correct. We cannot impliment any new plugins or such for your events, so anything you are not able to do, there is a good chance we are unable to do it as well. Certain things are possible, however, with the help of flags, existing plugins, or just plain old trickery. ;) You can always ask a Mod+ if something is possible.

Dday694

well shame I cant port a pix event that I built lol

Maybe if i'll have time i'll jump on and make something

nicholiplays

can the game be deadly c: because i want *POW POW* and and *BOOM BOOM* and and *HHAAAAA YAW!!* or action either way
me after hitting a fat bong:

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: feelmytaco on Jul 06, 2015, 10:51 PMcan the game be deadly c: because i want *POW POW* and and *BOOM BOOM* and and *HHAAAAA YAW!!* or action either way

It can result in player's deaths, but they have to be aware of the risk of dying before playing.

Tyvic

Jul 07, 2015, 02:22 AM #21 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 11:29 PM by Tyvic
In-game username(s):Tyvic
Event name:BlockParty
Warp to your event:/warp BlockParty
Event description:You will be on a platform of blocks. The host will tell you to go to a specific block type. You must go to the specified block. Pick the wrong block or of you're too slow, you lose!
Event rules:No flying, no compass, no ender pearls, and no potions.
Notes for the host:Give 2 seconds for each round. Ex. Say "Cobble" and pull the lever 2 seconds after you say it.

ESwag

Eswag
Elite/Donator
Find-It
/warp FindIt
You have to Go throughout the Building/maze trying to find The chest. :D First person to find the chest wins and will get a prize from inside the chest!
Rules: Try Not to Follow people around
Tip: Place chest in a different place every time :D

MarisaKirisame

In-game username(s): MarisaKirisamex3
Event name: Chess
Warp to your event: /warp Chess
Event description: Chess ;P
Event rules: Regular rules of chess
Notes for the host: Flower pots with/without flowers are used to do the whatchamacallits when you reach the other player's side of the board.

paul_weebird

In-game username:paul_weebird
Event name:Cactus obstacle
Warp to your event:/warp cactus obstic
Event description: Made by paul_weebird. Good luck
Event rules:No /fly no /j no /thru no enderpearl no /rtd no potions no pvp
Notes for the host: when you reach the glowstone you win

I might not come because my computer is broke