Apr 27, 2024, 06:18 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Pixelmon] Status on updating

Started by Towelie, Aug 19, 2015, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'd like to remind you that updating SFT Pixelmon to a newer version is not yet an option.
Why? Well, let's begin a simple explanation:

- Pixelmon is a forge mod.  However, having only forge is similar to having a vanilla server with no plugins, no protections and nothing whatsoever other than the default gameplay. That is not possible due to griefing / lack of protections / lack of ranks / etc.
On top of that, it runs Cauldron which until now was sort of a bridge between forge and bukkit (bukkit is the API that allowed us to run plugins and stuff).
Cauldron is no longer being maintained due to 1.8 EULA stuff. A new API is being released, called Sponge. That api should technically replace Cauldron, and also bukkit. When it's done, we will be able to host  a server and use plugins on it.

However, currently it is not finished and it doesn't even load the protection plugin.

So basically, this is why we can't update yet. We probably will be able to in a month, half a year, or whenever they finish sponge, but until then, we cannot.

So this is why we will be focusing on adding features via plugins, to keep players from being bored.
However, with plugins we can't add anything that's not in the vanilla  server, but we can add minigames, trading card plugins and so on.

So yeah, just a heads up.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

Thanks for the heads up Towelie C: great post!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner