Apr 28, 2024, 12:22 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] Fridge of Death!

Started by Lansdiinio, Aug 14, 2015, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lansdiinio

Aug 14, 2015, 01:22 PM Last Edit: Aug 15, 2015, 12:14 PM by Lansdiinio
It's back. Everyone's favourite event.. Fridge of Death! Prepare yourselves for an event chock full of gems, ingots, crates, keys, heads and most importantly... DEATH!

The aim of this event is to navigate around the deadly fridge area, and find mini fridges (marked with red wool). These contain all of the goodies that you're trying to get! There's buttons on each fridge which activate the dispenser to give you an item each time it's pressed! But be careful, it may dispense arrows or even potions to shoot you off! You can risk getting a ton of loot, but might lose it all!

Green_Giant and myself have designed a brand new fridge, with a larger play zone, more fridges, multiple layers, parkour, slime blocks, more lava and more death!

Event Details
The event will take place on the 15th and 16th of August at 7pm GMT (tomorrow and the following day), and will be hosted by myself, Cr1 and Mop.
The warp will be released closer to the date.
Warning: You WILL die in this event. There is no need to bring anything valuable.
You will be able to re-enter the arena, and we MAY allow chests near the arena. Final ruling and details will be broadcasted just before the event starts.
Rules
- No fly
- No /rtd
- No armour
- No potions
- No god mode
- No compass & /j
- No golden apples
- No SlimeFun (eg. Slime Boots)
- No other things that clearly give you an advantage,
  you will be able to tell whether they do.

- Essentially, everyone goes in equal.

See you there!

- Lans

Doctor_Thanos

I don't get it. What's the Fridge of Death event?

Chill2000

Aug 14, 2015, 01:46 PM #2 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2015, 01:50 PM by Chill2000
Omg I completely forgot about this event, host by towelie back in the day xD The basic idea there are aload of dispeners(fridges) and they have prizes in them there are buttons which you press to get the prizes. However you have arrows being constantly fired at you and there is lava everywhere! Also the dispensers may contain poison potions and arrows to knock you into the lava Well this is how I remember it so there maybe parts which are slightly wrong xD

It's awesome to see this return can't wait to see the new and updated version of my favourite event! :D
And to anyone who hasn't played this before and thinks there is a chance they wont die, there isn't you will definitely die more than once its an awesome event and I advise everyont to come along and play!
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

HD

It sounds awesome! Can't wait to be there!

PS: Can you add a timer? please?

EDIT: Can we /rtd? XD

Chill2000

Aug 14, 2015, 02:11 PM #4 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2015, 02:16 PM by Chill2000
Quote from: HD on Aug 14, 2015, 02:05 PMEDIT: Can we /rtd? XD

I assume not xP

Quote from: HD on Aug 14, 2015, 02:05 PMPS: Can you add a timer? please?

Here is a timer :) http://tinyurl.com/pz3x54q
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Doctor_Thanos on Aug 14, 2015, 01:27 PMI don't get it. What's the Fridge of Death event?
Essentially it's a parkour maze, where you will be shot with arrows and burned by fire. But there will be fridges all around, with valuable items shooting out. However, there is lot's of dangers around that will kill you. The arena has been changed significantly from what most players remember, it order to give more of a challenge and to stop the infamous cheating that used to take place in the originals.

May I recommend the only thing you bring is food, because your hunger will drain fast.

Tyvic

Dimondman2

Shame i'll be missing it, but it sounds fun.

Chill2000

HD

Do we only go once? or we can come take the items we have and store them, and come back to play again?

Lansdiinio

Quote from: HD on Aug 14, 2015, 05:54 PMDo we only go once? or we can come take the items we have and store them, and come back to play again?

We will likely have chests that you can store your items in, as long as you can make it to an exit to get to them. You can come back, yes.

smallfry5545

I've never played it, but sounds exciting and fun! I think I'll be home in time to try it :)

JohnOaklyjohn

Parkour. My game. My name. I'll be at the top getting loot. But I can do /god cuz lans loves me right?

~John

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Lansdiinio

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Aug 15, 2015, 02:14 AMParkour. My game. My name. I'll be at the top getting loot. But I can do /god cuz lans loves me right?

~John

Mayb-no <3

Lansdiinio

Tyvic