Apr 27, 2024, 08:35 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Yesterdays restarts.

Started by fearthe1337, Aug 16, 2015, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearthe1337

Hello,

I noticed there was a strong unhappiness about the fact that we needed to do about 5 restarts yesterday. Hence I would like to explain why these were needed.

When we copied the new world there were 0 ocean monuments. However after a while we suddenly noticed them and they were appearing fast.
All the restarts were to stop the fact that a lot of ocean monuments were randomly spawning all over the map.
Simply said for a multiple of reasons:
  • They generated broken, like, underground
  • They could be placed on top of existing builds
  • Their blocks (sponges,prismarine) are considered valueable, which would crash the economic vaue of these blocks.

The reason we did not mention this, is directly related to the third reason listed. If people found out, they would mine them instantly, despite knowing this was not supposed to happen.

It should be fixed now, @camster65  and some managers have removed 50+ of them yesterday.

Please try to remember, we do NOT do restarts for fun. They always have a reason, and saying stuff like "Enough with the restarts" does not help or motivate us.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

UrbanmineR

â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€â–'â–ˆ   â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'█▀▀▀█
â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀   â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀ â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀
â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€  â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ

toxic_foxtrot

Thanks Fear, Towelie, and Camster

Brightpkz

Ups and downs are inevitable during change, what's good is that you guys looked at the problem and fixed it ASAP. Great job and thank you guys!

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ParisGrace