Apr 27, 2024, 04:18 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Event Over] Point Olympics!

Started by Kaninka, Sep 11, 2015, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaninka

Sep 11, 2015, 07:36 PM Last Edit: Sep 12, 2015, 10:45 PM by Lansdiinio
Event is now over, thank you for playing!
Results:
1st: JohnOaklyJohn
2nd: Stancrazie
3rd: Green_Giant
4th: GotAnError

Hellow every SFT'ian!
I hereby present a special version of olympics, that will be hosted this saturday at 10PM GMT+0 (the time may be changed, we will update post asap if we do)!

Basically it will be 5 rounds where you test your might, be it in your skills to jump, your skills to evade, your skills to dig, your skills to focus. You will need it all! :D

But what can you expect from this? There will be Parkour, there will be spleef and a lot of Parkour!
But it isn't called the Point Olympics for nothing!

You will get points based on what place you finish!
If you finish first you get a whopping 10 points.
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 6 points
4th: 4 points

The final winners will be chosen from those with the most points, so even if you fail on one, you can still have a chance at the final prize! ;D

The rewards are as such:
1st: 200k+10 diamonds + A medal
2nd: 150k+5 diamonds + A medal
3rd: 100k+1 emerald + A medal
4th: 50k+10 gold

The 3 hosts that make this event possible is: Mewiebowie, Kaninka and Lansdiinio!

:zombie:

Tyvic

YES!!! I know we had this in 2013, nice to have it back ;D

GotAnError

Sep 11, 2015, 07:45 PM #2 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 07:51 PM by GotAnError
Quote from: Kaninka on Sep 11, 2015, 07:36 PMBut what can you expect from this? There will be Parkour, there will be spleef and a lot of Parkour!

I am in.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Stancrazy

Sep 11, 2015, 08:05 PM #3 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 08:10 PM by Stancrazy
This seems great, just wondering when is 22pm? Typo? Also, could you add a countdown? I can't make sense of timezones for the life of me.

Katherine

Quote from: Stancrazy on Sep 11, 2015, 08:05 PMThis seems great, just wondering when is 22pm? Typo? Also, could you add a countdown? I can't make sense of timezones for the life of me.

22pm is 10pm. :)

Aymaneto

Kaninka

Quote from: Stancrazy on Sep 11, 2015, 08:05 PMThis seems great, just wondering when is 22pm? Typo? Also, could you add a countdown? I can't make sense of timezones for the life of me.

Sorry I use the 24-hour clock, but 22= 10PM.
I will add a countdown sometime tomorrow :) (aka I will add when I am 100% sure that the time wont change)  :zombie:

HD

Can u show us a picture of the medals  ;)

SkullzCrew

Sounds like fun, but I don't think I could stay the whole event from 10pm... just if it were a tad earlier.

Kaninka

Quote from: SkullzCrew on Sep 12, 2015, 05:45 AMSounds like fun, but I don't think I could stay the whole event from 10pm... just if it were a tad earlier.
If you play enough to gather points to win, we will save the prize for you of course :)  :zombie:

American_Walrus

Very cool, I am definitely going to try to get on then.

Green_Giant

I'd also like to mention on Sunday there shall be a smaller follow-up Event, hosted by myself. So if you can't make it to this one you may be able to still play something this weekend. :)  :diamondshovel:

Tyvic

What time would this be for EDT?

Lansdiinio

Quote from: HD on Sep 12, 2015, 05:19 AMCan u show us a picture of the medals  ;)

You'll see them if you win! All I can say is that they're custom made and unobtainable in other ways.

krankenstein20

For the spleef will we be supplied with shovels that we have to use? because if someone plays with like an op shovel with mcmmo and other upgrades it would be unfair for other players with just an iron shovel :/

GotAnError

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Sep 12, 2015, 06:12 PMFor the spleef will we be supplied with shovels that we have to use? because if someone plays with like an op shovel with mcmmo and other upgrades it would be unfair for other players with just an iron shovel :/

Unenchanted shovels make it way too boring and slow paced. Plus, most of the time, "people with OP shovels" just spleef themselves.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Tyvic

Green_Giant

Quote from: SFTGamingFTW on Sep 12, 2015, 08:43 PM1 hour right?
No, it should be starting in ~10 minutes (10 PM GMT).

nicholiplays

Grats to John for 1st place and grats to Stan for 2nd  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:
me after hitting a fat bong: