Apr 29, 2024, 10:12 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[CLOSED][Competition] Halloween Skin Contest!

Started by Green_Giant, Oct 03, 2015, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Giant

Quote from: American_Seal on Oct 28, 2015, 07:16 PMI'm a very bad artist idek if I should enter xD
There's no harm in trying, give it ago. It's not all about how pretty it is, but also how creative it is sooo. :P

JinxOnTheLoose

New donation from xaliejx!
She has donated 100k as well as 32 diamond blocks, 10 name-tags, 1 horse egg along with a saddle and diamond armour, 1 wolf egg and a cute fox banner!
(Please edit the post Green <3)

Green_Giant

Updated the post with the current prize, I will now be considering having 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes! All the more reason to enter the contest as you have more chances to win! I just need to figure out how to divide up our prizes first which may take a little while.

Green_Giant

THE CONTEST WILL CLOSE SOON! Get your last minute entries in, as I will close submissions when I next reply to this topic (some time tomorow morning) - still time to make the skin and enter it, just go go go! Remember, top 3 will get a prize (although it's still undetermined how I will share out the prize).

Green_Giant

Final entry by JohnOaklyJohn - he sent it to me on Skype yesterday but I never got around to actually posting it here.

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Thankyou everyone for entering, there are some amazing entries here and it will be difficult to pick our winners. Jinxie and I will begin the task of judging shortly, and the winners should be posted (and hopefully receive the prizes) tomorrow. I will post here in a few minutes - an hour with how the prize shall be split among the winners. Thankyou again!

Green_Giant

3rd Place Prize - 50,000 EMP Bucks + what's in the following image:

2nd Place Prize - 100,000 EMP Bucks + what's in the following image:

1st Place, the Grand Prize - 250,000 EMP Bucks + Everything in the image below. This includes custom items spawned by Evil Towelie and are the only ones on the server, as well as Steve co. items.

Decided to make the Grand prize even more Grand than the rest since originally it was only going to be a single winner. :P

Green_Giant

We haven't forgotten about this! We're judging and checking the skins for plagiarism as I type this so bare with us!

Green_Giant

First off, thanks everyone for all the amazing entries! I'm not lying when I say we had a hard time judging, we really did. Constant going back and fourth through this thread, looking at the pro's and weaknesses of each skin, checking parts that could have been copied etc. and then narrowing it down to our final 3. We had such a difficult time narrowing down our favorites to our top 3 but we eventually agreed on some, so here they are. Don't feel bad if your skin wasn't in the top 3, we loved them all! I'll state our reason and motives for selecting the skins we did.

In 3rd place is.... Barbacue2! The reason your skin got this spot, is because it was very different from a lot of the other entries that were submitted. It resembled a more pop-arty Halloween style, using retro colours (oranges, greens etc.) and it also reminded us of the Jokers orange jump suit costume. Congrats!

Now, coming up in 2nd place... Cub_The_Girl! We loved some of the ideas you added to this skin. The ripped open rib cage, crying blood, the reaper hood, it all seemed to go together well and create a skin that was truly creepy and terrifying! Nice work!

Now, the moment you've been waiting for, 1st place! Once again, was not easy to determine who this went to, was a lot of going back and fourth between people but in the end there could only be one. The grand prize winner is... OmelottsGaming! We absolutely loved the story you created about your skin, being a werewolf version of your own that has lost a battle and wanting revenge. Loved how detailed it was, even to the mould coming out of it's brain. Amazing work on this skin!

Winners: @Barbacue2 @Cub_The_Girl @omelott - Please collect your prizes at /warp Skincontestprize - will set this up so you can access it whenever the server comes back up. If the warp doesn't exist or you can't open the chests, please contact me and i'll deliver your prize. Jinxie will pay you your portion of the prize whenever she can.

Thanks everybody for entering the contest! Once again, absolutely amazing entries, and we look forward to hosting one soon (May do one for Christmas, undetermined yet (and may have a very different and unpredictable theme too). Thanks and Congrats!

JinxOnTheLoose

Nov 02, 2015, 10:31 PM #58 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015, 11:24 PM by Jinxie
Thanks to everyone for entering and donating! It was a really fun little event. Green and I really enjoyed it too!

Edit: I'll pay all the winners when I next come on Survival :)

MasterX70

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Doctor_Thanos

omelott

Nov 03, 2015, 05:18 PM #62 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2015, 05:37 PM by omelott
Congratulations all!
Thanks again for hosting this competition Green and Jinxie! It truly made my day! :)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the pile of prizes too. Very neat!

JinxOnTheLoose

I paid everyone! Sorry for the long delay, but I hope you enjoyed the prizes :)