[Survival] Plans for survival (medium term)

Started by Towelie, Nov 14, 2015, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Nov 14, 2015, 05:52 PM Last Edit: Nov 14, 2015, 06:03 PM by Towelie
I'd like to lay out some immediate and medium term plans I have for the Survival server.

Staff issues:
- Manager team seems ok, but it still needs 1-2 new managers and sorting out some mild inactivity problems we're facing right now.  Also, the manager team need to be more social because it feels like our Managers are on the colder side compared to how we were used before. That's not really a bad thing but not a good thing either.
- Deadzone staff. We still need to promote a few more JMods / Mods to cover the deadzone.
- Eventhost team. That needs wrok. I've spoken with Andrewgarson and I've ensured a better collaboration between him and Cr1 (our current head of staff)

Update to 1.9
Spigot has confirmed that Minecraft 1.9 is nearing release and within a month we should have 1.9 out and shortly after Spigot. Only after that, we can begin to prepare for the update, which means fixing plugins or replacing some which are no longer maintained by their authors in favor for new ones with similar functionality.

Integrate 1.9 items
This'll just mean we'll have to figure out how the new 1.9 items work with the server and whether we need to do some changes perhaps to our emp prices  and so on. Also, how we are going to go about the glider. I can say for sure that we are not going to restrict core vanilla gameplay unless it's detrimental to the server's security (like with pistons the reason only staff can place them, is because pistons can be used to dupe items)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Meldie-2

willhill2000

Frostdrop

kracken55

I think most managers are quite frosty like this one manager on bteam right dick

<-----

stormshooter

Tombo_

xQuicScopex

JohnOaklyjohn

Cireshie

How about a fair promotion?
One without third-party bias and intervention?

Duncz

Quote from: Cireshie on Nov 15, 2015, 03:58 AMHow about a fair promotion?
not sure if your being serious but it was obviously a joke

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Nov 15, 2015, 03:58 AMHow about a fair promotion?
Are you gonna share what that means or are you just gonna keep being cryptic.
If you have knowledge of "third-party bias and intervention" please report it to me via PM.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chill2000

Awesome sorry I haven't been around much guys super busy with school D:
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

xaliejx

If you ever need temp jmod/mod let me know as i am on in the dead zone. Happy to help stf out in anyway possible.  :redflower:

Zeph

I think we have more of a problem with less active admins and some of them being a bit rude - i can name a few managers who definitely deserve some more praise from players.

iLaxrv10

Nov 15, 2015, 11:24 PM #19 Last Edit: Nov 16, 2015, 08:18 PM by iLaxrv10
R&U Tow, can't wait to see the changes
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

GotAnError

Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

American_Walrus

This isn't about voting on a new manager guys. What you are doing is saying "I really like this mod and they should be manager". 1. Im sorry, but no one asked you 2. Its not a voting system. The manager+ chooses who they think will be the best role for Manger, who will help us no matter what. 4. Its exclusive and rude.
Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Nov 15, 2015, 03:52 AMNo one wants #JohntheMinger? :(

Perfect example. Its a great way to hurt someones feelings. Just don't.

Sorry for the harshness but its true.

ochoaj

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Nov 14, 2015, 05:52 PMI'd like to lay out some immediate and medium term plans I have for the Survival server.

Staff issues:
- Manager team seems ok, but it still needs 1-2 new managers and sorting out some mild inactivity problems we're facing right now.  Also, the manager team need to be more social because it feels like our Managers are on the colder side compared to how we were used before. That's not really a bad thing but not a good thing either.
- Deadzone staff. We still need to promote a few more JMods / Mods to cover the deadzone.
- Eventhost team. That needs wrok. I've spoken with Andrewgarson and I've ensured a better collaboration between him and Cr1 (our current head of staff)

Update to 1.9
Spigot has confirmed that Minecraft 1.9 is nearing release and within a month we should have 1.9 out and shortly after Spigot. Only after that, we can begin to prepare for the update, which means fixing plugins or replacing some which are no longer maintained by their authors in favor for new ones with similar functionality.

Integrate 1.9 items
This'll just mean we'll have to figure out how the new 1.9 items work with the server and whether we need to do some changes perhaps to our emp prices  and so on. Also, how we are going to go about the glider. I can say for sure that we are not going to restrict core vanilla gameplay unless it's detrimental to the server's security (like with pistons the reason only staff can place them, is because pistons can be used to dupe items)

Get the new elytra and end items by buying the items in emp for 10 k and only in creative pistopns can dupe items. -JK ♪â"€â"€â"€ï¼¯ï¼ˆâ‰§âˆ‡â‰¦ï¼‰ï¼¯â"€â"€â"€â"€â™ª

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: SuperJK on Nov 16, 2015, 11:42 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Nov 14, 2015, 05:52 PMI'd like to lay out some immediate and medium term plans I have for the Survival server.

Staff issues:

Update to 1.9

Integrate 1.9 items

Get the new elytra and end items by buying the items in emp for 10 k and only in creative pistopns can dupe items. -JK ♪â"€â"€â"€ï¼¯ï¼ˆâ‰§âˆ‡â‰¦ï¼‰ï¼¯â"€â"€â"€â"€â™ª
and also will our builds get reset in 1.9 Towelie!? Will they

/warp SteveCoMuseum