May 14, 2024, 10:06 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Pixelmon] Version 3.4.0j changelog

Started by Dpa1991, Nov 11, 2015, 04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

• Updated Chisel to version 2.5.1.44
  • Updated Carpenter blocks to version 3.3.7
  • Updated CFM to version 3.4.8
  • Updated BiblioCraft to version 1.11.4
  • Updated LiteLoader to version 1.7.10_04
  • Changed vote rewards from Ultraballs to Greatball Mats

In other news, please vote in this poll! Click Here

Nubbun

Must say, not really a fan of the voting reward change cuz having pokeballs there (that didn't need to be crafted) was a good way to get players who ask for a few pokeballs to catch a cuté Pokemon to vote
Now they can't do that unless they walk around with an anvil, hammer and buttons .-.

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl on Nov 11, 2015, 09:13 AMMust say, not really a fan of the voting reward change cuz having pokeballs there (that didn't need to be crafted) was a good way to get players who ask for a few pokeballs to catch a cuté Pokemon to vote
Now they can't do that unless they walk around with an anvil, hammer and buttons .-.

Or they should vote before going out :) I figure pokeballs were far too easy to get before, and now giving the mats to players instead they'll actually have to learn to make them instead of having them handed to them.

Nubbun

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Nov 11, 2015, 09:39 AM
Quote from: magl on Nov 11, 2015, 09:13 AMMust say, not really a fan of the voting reward change cuz having pokeballs there (that didn't need to be crafted) was a good way to get players who ask for a few pokeballs to catch a cuté Pokemon to vote

Or they should vote before going out :) I figure pokeballs were far too easy to get before, and now giving the mats to players instead they'll actually have to learn to make them instead of having them handed to them.
I see your point but doesn't that only apply to new players? Older players who already know how to make pokeballs aren't going to take the time to make greatballs cuz ultraballs/duskballs work better and yea they might still vote just cuz server is pretty amazing and there is that chance of getting somethin better but just cant see how it's gonna play out in the long term with mats added

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl on Nov 11, 2015, 09:50 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Nov 11, 2015, 09:39 AM

I see your point but doesn't that only apply to new players? Older players who already know how to make pokeballs aren't going to take the time to make greatballs cuz ultraballs/duskballs work better and yea they might still vote just cuz server is pretty amazing and there is that chance of getting somethin better but just cant see how it's gonna play out in the long term with mats added

I intend to add more filler 'rare' rewards, just need time to find out what to add and right now time is the only thing I don't have.

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

BoomCrafty

^^^Here here. . . mo luv for the Dap^^^

I do agree with both points. . . new players need to learn how to function on the server without having things always given to them; however, great ball mats likely won't be used heavily by older players. . . maybe change them to ultra ball mats?

As it is, I will definitely still vote, but I likely will be giving away virtually all of the great ball mats. . .

Thanks to all the great staff :)

Dpa1991

Quote from: BoomCrafty on Nov 11, 2015, 04:11 PM^^^Here here. . . mo luv for the Dap^^^

I do agree with both points. . . new players need to learn how to function on the server without having things always given to them; however, great ball mats likely won't be used heavily by older players. . . maybe change them to ultra ball mats?

As it is, I will definitely still vote, but I likely will be giving away virtually all of the great ball mats. . .

Thanks to all the great staff :)

I'll be adding more filler rewards so it isnt always greatballs, things like Ultraballs will return but instead of it being a 100% reward you might get ultraballs on every other vote for example.

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

javcov

perhaps add money as well to the voting rewards lets say 100p will do total of 5-6 voting sites and boom 500p-600p for the player, if new players or poor players ask for money then you can say you can vote for it, also the grateball disc for voting is ok perhaps make them in to lids and add buttons and maybe make them pokeballs with a conmen bonus of grate ball uncommon reward of ultra and then a rare reward of 1000p ect what you think ?

Loasty

Can we revert the changes in the lotto system?  I really dont like the changes done and a few others also didnt really like the change :3
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Dpa1991

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Nov 13, 2015, 04:45 AMCan we revert the changes in the lotto system?  I really dont like the changes done and a few others also didnt really like the change :3

What about the lotto do you not like?

Loasty

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Nov 13, 2015, 08:11 PM
Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Nov 13, 2015, 04:45 AMCan we revert the changes in the lotto system?  I really dont like the changes done and a few others also didnt really like the change :3

What about the lotto do you not like?
The change in the time durations, the change in the ticket limits and the change in the ticket prices.   Overall i just enjoyed it the way it was before; i found it was simpler, and more chances to do mini events by players at certain times like 5pm where ik at 5pm one of the lottos ended. 
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

shadowaurax

Alright, I wanted to give this a few rounds of voting before making a decision, but at this point the Great Ball mats are really more of a voting disincentive.

Instead of having something moderately useful that I can either use or give away to people that need them, it's pretty much just like getting spammed with stuff that I don't want, wont use, and don't feel like using a diamond hammer and 5+ minutes on every week(assuming I don't have to make the buttons from scratch) just to have usable and sub-par items.

Also, kinda iffy on the lottery changes. It seems like it limits the lottery to people who don't need it given ticket prices, as opposed to being something that the wealthier folk can inflate the prize on and give more people who need money a chance to get it.