Apr 27, 2024, 02:20 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Forums have been updated!

Started by Towelie, Dec 05, 2015, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

As you may notice, the forums have been updated to the latest version thanks to @fearthe1337
We now have a brand new attachment system and a lot of other changes / bug fixes thanks to this major software update for our forums.
Hopefully, the Alert bug (and many others) have been fixed as well.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Aymaneto

Thank you for this! Hopefully alerts should be fixed now :)

GotAnError

Is it just me, or do forum topics look much more stretched out now?
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Aymaneto

Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 05, 2015, 11:17 PMIs it just me, or do forum topics look much more stretched out now?
This, I've noticed it too any way for a fix?

JinxOnTheLoose

Quote from: aymaneto on Dec 05, 2015, 11:53 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 05, 2015, 11:17 PMIs it just me, or do forum topics look much more stretched out now?

I personally like it, would be nice if it was customisable though :P

Green_Giant

Dec 06, 2015, 12:20 AM #5 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2015, 12:25 AM by Green_Giant
Weird issue with alerts for me, i'm fairly sure atleast one of these realerts was for the "Types of SFT Minecrafters" thread but it came out saying something else.

Also I personaly hate how wide the pages are stretched, would be great if this was customisable as Jinxie said.

Aelia Angel

Quote from: Jinxie on Dec 06, 2015, 12:19 AM
Quote from: aymaneto on Dec 05, 2015, 11:53 PM

I personally like it, would be nice if it was customisable though :P
i have no notice of this "stretching" thing
Former Pocket Mod
If you fail, fail foward. Don't be the victim of the hard times. This is what it takes to be successful.

eye_nine

I only still see the alerts

JohnOaklyjohn

This is cool. Good job fear!

John

Cireshie

Quote from: eye_nine on Dec 06, 2015, 01:28 AMI only still see the alerts
If you still see the number try marking the alerts "read". It should clear them.

iLaxrv10

Great job fear! Would you be able to make a way to make it look unspaced out?
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

It's a setting./ I can't find it in the new forums but it is basically a setting that sets whether the forums should be wide to a percentage of the viewer's browser or a fixed resolution. I believe we had a fixed resolution before (1100 or something) but we should probably switch to a percent so it's mobile phone friendly as well.
That just needs to be tweaked.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Towelie

Fear tells me that setting got removed. So get used to the new width of the forums people.

Cr1_98

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 06, 2015, 08:38 AMFear tells me that setting got removed. So get used to the new width of the forums people.
Ouch, maybe it's time to downgrade monitor then. It's so wide.

Tyvic

I have 7 alerts and only 1 is valid....... again.

Green_Giant

Quote from: MrRed2016 on Dec 06, 2015, 01:51 PMI have 7 alerts and only 1 is valid....... again.
Probably carried over from before the update. Delete them and any new alerts are the fixed ones.

Towelie

Quote from: MrRed2016 on Dec 06, 2015, 01:51 PMI have 7 alerts and only 1 is valid....... again.
The alert bug is fixed for me. Maybe you have alerts from before the forum was updated. They don't magically go away, just mark them as read.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Dec 06, 2015, 11:30 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 06, 2015, 08:38 AMFear tells me that setting got removed. So get used to the new width of the forums people.
Ouch, maybe it's time to downgrade monitor then. It's so wide.
Or resize the browser window so it's not full screen any more.

Frostdrop

Thank you so much fear for all your work you mean a lot to use if we didn't have you who knows where we would be keep up the good work thank you so,so much!!!!

Puga

Awesome! :D
Thank you so much Fear! :D
im shy mg.

TheStarNomad✯

#imkeepingmy751alertssoilookpopular

But thanks for the update xD

Long time StarNomad

stormshooter

I'm getting likes but no notifications?

Green_Giant

Quote from: stormshooter123 on Dec 08, 2015, 05:52 PMI'm getting likes but no notifications?
Do you have this ticked in your notification preferences?