[PSA] Leaked buycraft information

Started by Towelie, Dec 07, 2015, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Dec 07, 2015, 10:06 AM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2015, 10:15 AM by Dpa1991
It has come to my attention that an attacker has gained access to our payment system and managed to export payment data.
Affected Servers: Survival / B-Team / Lost Islands / Hunger Games / Pocketmine.

If you purchased an item on these servers it is possible that the following information has been leaked by the hackers:

minecraft username
paypal e-mail
your ip address (from which you purchased the items)

Please change your passwords just in case (passwords are not stored so the attacker did not get access to your passwords, but it's always good to change when something like this happens)

NOTE: We've secured the account.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

hazjosh

So any idea who hacked the website when i tryed to get on teh forums it came up with some kinda arbic writing

Lucazade13

Yes, it has been sorted out hazjosh. The owners are doing everything they can.

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

hazjosh

No but lucaz who hacked the site I know theyve fixed it just wanted to know if they have any idea whos done it

Towelie

A hacking team did it. We are currently investigating their identities and forwarding relevant info to the authorities.
All we know so far: An ip from ireland, an ip from russia, turkish language in the hacked php file they uploaded.

The group is focused on hacking minecraft servers, so probably they were paid to hack us.
It sort of worked but not at the extent they wanted it to work due to our tight security. If saywhat wouldn't've had his account password set the same for 10000 thigns (and an easy password at that) this wouldnt've happened.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

iLaxrv10

Thanks for the heads up Towelie, did everything I needed to do to prevent being hacked :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

A newsletter has also been sent to all our users and will reach your e-mail within 48h.

stormshooter

Our details within paypal (other then our email) are still secure right?

pwnswords

don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Towelie

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 07, 2015, 11:47 AMA hacking team did it. We are currently investigating their identities and forwarding relevant info to the authorities.
All we know so far: An ip from ireland, an ip from russia, turkish language in the hacked php file they uploaded.

The group is focused on hacking minecraft servers, so probably they were paid to hack us.
It sort of worked but not at the extent they wanted it to work due to our tight security. If saywhat wouldn't've had his account password set the same for 10000 thigns (and an easy password at that) this wouldnt've happened.
What if we bourght somthing in the free catagory i put in my Minecraft IGN SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: hazjosh on Dec 07, 2015, 11:24 AMSo any idea who hacked the website when i tryed to get on teh forums it came up with some kinda arbic writing
I am arabic IDK What it says but i was going to get my mum to read it to me Probs it is ISIL I am Catholic Lebanese

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 07, 2015, 10:06 AMIt has come to my attention that an attacker has gained access to our payment system and managed to export payment data.
Affected Servers: Survival / B-Team / Lost Islands / Hunger Games / Pocketmine.

If you purchased an item on these servers it is possible that the following information has been leaked by the hackers:

minecraft username
paypal e-mail
your ip address (from which you purchased the items)

Please change your passwords just in case (passwords are not stored so the attacker did not get access to your passwords, but it's always good to change when something like this happens)

NOTE: We've secured the account.
What about Wards_In_yo_Jung he doesn't have fourms and he is subscriber im gonna tell him after school

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Dpa1991

Quote from: SuperJK on Dec 07, 2015, 10:29 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 07, 2015, 11:47 AMA hacking team did it. We are currently investigating their identities and forwarding relevant info to the authorities.

What if we bourght somthing in the free catagory i put in my Minecraft IGN SuperJK

If that's the case they have your Minecraft name and IP address.

If you purchased anything they just have your email as well, they can't do much with it, just make sure you or your family has a strong password.

Stariieyed

Quote from: stormshooter123 on Dec 07, 2015, 06:06 PMOur details within paypal (other then our email) are still secure right?
They just have the email, so just make sure you have a strong password as dpa said above. C: But if you're worried
you could change the password in the way of caution.

teddy14668

A staff member should make sure all of SFT knows about this! Maybe a [Broadcast] could do an announcement warning everything to change their passwords if they bought ANYTHING from Buycraft!  :D

SuperJK

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Dec 07, 2015, 11:27 PM
Quote from: SuperJK on Dec 07, 2015, 10:29 PM

If that's the case they have your Minecraft name and IP address.

If you purchased anything they just have your email as well, they can't do much with it, just make sure you or your family has a strong password.
I didn't Put in My E-Mail and I have Anti-Virus

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

I Hope my dad doesn't get pissed off

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Fire_Lord_Nero

This gave me the courage to change my passwards on everything as they were all the same haha