May 20, 2024, 09:57 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[PSA] Anyone with a bukkit account - please read

Started by Dpa1991, Dec 08, 2015, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Dec 08, 2015, 12:00 AM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2015, 05:22 AM by Towelie
I've been doing a little bit of research to the recent hack we've had, and I'm pretty confident I figured out how saywhat was hacked. Click If you read this article, basically Bukkit got hacked roughly a month ago and decided to keep quiet about this. Unfortunately, Saywhat used the same password there and that's how they gained access to his forum/buycraft account.

So if you use Bukkit forums, and have logged in within the last ~month, please change your password everywhere that uses your Bukkit password.

TiiGeR

Thanks for informing us of this, I'll be sure to do this right away!

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

SuperJK

Poor Saywhat :( I'm a fan of u dpa1991 , Saywhat and Towelie

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Aymaneto

JohnOaklyjohn

I'm a noob here, but what is bukkit forums and stuff like that?

Aymaneto

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Dec 08, 2015, 03:31 AMI'm a noob here, but what is bukkit forums and stuff like that?

Basically a site for mods and plugin for you to download and use - So if you have an account there, change your password and everything else just in case it gets hacked and they gain access to anything.

Puga

im shy mg.

Chill2000

Thanks for looking into this dpa! I'll change all my passwords now D:
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Towelie

This is also how saywhat's account got hacked and how SFT was hacked (they got his passwd from there then got to sft)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Jyncs

This is why I use different passwords for different sites. They are all very alike but for each one they are a little different.

Gaming sites I don't know I use one
Gaming sites I use all the time and trust I use another
Banking information I use a completely different one.

xJade

Is payment wall affected? O.o I've never trusted PayPal. XD

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Dpa1991

Quote from: Jyncs on Dec 08, 2015, 12:34 PMThis is why I use different passwords for different sites. They are all very alike but for each one they are a little different.

Gaming sites I don't know I use one
Gaming sites I use all the time and trust I use another
Banking information I use a completely different one.
The way I do it is I have unique SFT passwords that I use no where else, then SFT related passwords for off-sites like reddit, technic etc. Then I have personal passwords that I use on my own accounts.

Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Dec 08, 2015, 01:13 PMIs payment wall affected? O.o I've never trusted PayPal. XD

Yes, payment wall is affected too although I don't know what information is stored on payment wall purchases as we don't have it on Pix so I don't have any experience with it -- @Towelie might know

CrafterLuc2

thanks for letting know i use different password for that site do:)
met veel rust en vrede zal de end geen keerzijde kneden
虚心坦懐に申し上げる。今から言うことは、言葉どおりに受け取ってほしい。
Bteam Admin and AHoS   |  McPE Developer   |  1.7.10 Elder
Need my aid? Contact me through discord Luc#5794 | Or send a forum pm.

SuperJK

I used My School's Passwd for SFT because i am like a goldfish forgetting stuff every 3 seconds :C

/warp SteveCoMuseum