[Survival] Should we replace Towny with a Veteran+ world?

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2015, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we remove Towny (and the towny world) and add a Veteran+ world?

Yes
83 (91.2%)
No
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2015, 06:54 PM

Towelie

So, I'm thinking, let's remove Towny because nobody is using it anyway.
Instead, let's add a new world, accesible only for Veteran+. Now, this won't be a normal world, it will be a building only world. Which means building / breaking blocks would be disallowed by default and you would have to get a protection in order to be able to build on it.

How I see this working: -> Everyone is allowed to go in that world and visit/explore it, but only Veterans are allowed to build there.

Say you are a veteran and you want your house there:
Step 1. You explore and find the right spot
Step 2. You call a Mod to protect you a region (with predetermined max size, to be determined)
Step 3. You start building in your protection.

Why add another world? Because we would disallow placing blocks / breaking blocks in that world, the need for a reset would be drastically reduced.
Also, with Veterans+ building their houses there, the Worlds 1 & 2 would be freer for Guest -> Member to build in, hence reducing the rate of reset for those too.

Proposal:
- Each player gets ONE protection. Not more.
- Protections will be free and will come in predetermined sizes
- Expanding / increasing your protection will cost you some EmpBucks (to be determined, not too much)

Please vote!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

gryps_101

YES
Would you use w1/w2 as a place to collect blocks?

Towelie

PS: In addition to the benefits described above, this would also remove a rather intensive plugin (reduce the lag slightly) and reduce the need to fix/update Towny after major MC updates.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

iLaxrv10

I agree with this 100%. I feel like this would be better than Towny for a few reasons. One being that it gives players an extra boost of motivation to play more and become a Veteran and also, current Veteran+ can enjoy it immensely
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Nicadean33

I like the idea of a Veteran+ world. A few thoughts though.

You are absolutely going to get rid of towny? You cannot integrate it into the other worlds to use it? I'm not going to miss it but I would think maybe a few people might.

For this Veteran+ world, are build moves into it going to be allowed (For resets and/or just to move our build too)? I would assume no, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

I like the idea, kinda reminds me of the family world we used to have. Or what was /w5 at one point.

(Mentioning /w5, that reminds me of the /w4 we had once where we had to pay to get an island. What if we integrated that into it too?)

Towelie

Quote from: Nicadean33 on Dec 12, 2015, 07:09 PMI like the idea of a Veteran+ world. A few thoughts though.

You are absolutely going to get rid of towny? You cannot integrate it into the other worlds to use it? I'm not going to miss it but I would think maybe a few people might.

For this Veteran+ world, are build moves into it going to be allowed (For resets and/or just to move our build too)? I would assume no, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

I like the idea, kinda reminds me of the family world we used to have. Or what was /w5 at one point.

(Mentioning /w5, that reminds me of the /w4 we had once where we had to pay to get an island. What if we integrated that into it too?)
The only reason I would add another world would be to get rid of Towny and the Towny World which are serverely underused.

Green_Giant

ryan_m004

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Doctor_Thanos

Question :
Are we going to be able to sell/buy buildings in that world?

I agree 100% with this! Thank you Towelie! :)

TheStarNomad✯

Long time StarNomad

GotAnError

Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

darknuju

Also when we do end up resetting the normal worlds the Veterans+ would not have the worry of losing tons and tons of items thus making resets in the normal world when necessary much much easier. (or at least that is what I am thinking anyways)

Aymaneto

I agree with this! As ilax said, players will be motivated to play more and reach to veteran to use it :)

Tyvic

Question, can you get a build moved from /w1 or /w2 to the vet+ world?

@Towelie

Dogggeh

American_Walrus

Ok, as much as I like this idea, deciding on what forums says is not fair, as a lot of guests and members do not forums accounts. You need to ask people in-game. I really do like the idea, but I like the idea of fair representation better.

supermee3

Quote from: American_Walrus on Dec 12, 2015, 11:50 PMOk, as much as I like this idea, deciding on what forums says is not fair, as a lot of guests and members do not forums accounts. You need to ask people in-game. I really do like the idea, but I like the idea of fair representation better.
I don't see a need for asking the guests/members ingame. It's just a nice addition for vet+'s, that doesn't impact the other worlds in any way :)

xJade

Quote from: American_Walrus on Dec 12, 2015, 11:50 PMOk, as much as I like this idea, deciding on what forums says is not fair, as a lot of guests and members do not forums accounts. You need to ask people in-game. I really do like the idea, but I like the idea of fair representation better.
we can always spread the word and try to convince for them to get a forum account :) i also agree 100% with this. Towny doesn't get used as much and is a pain when you're in one. You have to PAY to live there :o I remember getting messages like "2000 has been taken from your account" or something similar. and I would always be low on EMP because of Towny so I left the town. With that being said I don't think players including guest that start with only 5k will play towny if you get money taken away towny doesn't get played much either :) but we can always spread the word to get more votes on this :D. I won't like for the guest and members feel like they had no say in this, spreading the word is the least that we can do to get more votes + having more people on forums! :D

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Embon

I think this is a great idea and also agree with what iLaxrv10 said, it would definitely motivate new players to spend more time on the server.  :heart: 

American_Walrus

Quote from: supermee3 on Dec 13, 2015, 01:34 AM
I don't see a need for asking the guests/members ingame. It's just a nice addition for vet+'s, that doesn't impact the other worlds in any way :)

Ye, but I can guarantee that some of those guests/members would say something along the lines of "How come we don't get to put our stuff in the world? Its not fair". Yes, we could just go along and not ask them, but the fact that they can't add in their ideas, concerns, or complaints is not fair. I still like the idea how it stands though, it's just a bit exclusive :I I'm not extremely passionate about this or anything, it's just an idea

Cireshie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Dec 13, 2015, 04:34 AM
Quote from: supermee3 on Dec 13, 2015, 01:34 AM

Ye, but I can guarantee that some of those guests/members would say something along the lines of "How come we don't get to put our stuff in the world? Its not fair". Yes, we could just go along and not ask them, but the fact that they can't add in their ideas, concerns, or complaints is not fair. I still like the idea how it stands though, it's just a bit exclusive :I I'm not extremely passionate about this or anything, it's just an idea
These guests and members you are talking about would have the whole world1 or world2 to themselves! But that's only if all vet+ moved to the new world. The current w1 is big enough to hold all the guests and members and a few vet+ considering not all of them build gigantic builds.

xJade

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 12, 2015, 06:54 PMEveryone is allowed to go in that world and visit/explore it, but only Veterans are allowed to build there.
so Elite cannot build there? :o

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

GotAnError

Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Dec 13, 2015, 05:25 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 12, 2015, 06:54 PMEveryone is allowed to go in that world and visit/explore it, but only Veterans are allowed to build there.
so Elite cannot build there? :o

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 12, 2015, 06:54 PMSo, I'm thinking, let's remove Towny because nobody is using it anyway.
Instead, let's add a new world, accesible only for Veteran+.

Also, with Veterans+ building their houses there, the Worlds 1 & 2 would be freer for Guest -> Member to build in, hence reducing the rate of reset for those too.

Towelie is just bad with words. He means Vet+.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!